Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SubyGirl

Scars/hyperpigmentation - where do I begin when figuring out what to use?

Posted

There is SO much information on this topic, it is overwhelming. From reading everything, I think my best bet would be a peel. Like with that glycolic acid stuff, or TCA (are those the same thing??). I know nothing. I have these dark spots leftover from past acne and have active acne as well that will leave more scarring. I do my own take on Dan's regimen and I think I have it down to a science now that things are starting to look better after months, but the scars are awful. They can be seen in pictures, from a distance in the mirror. They aren't like dents though, like some scars I've seen in pics. They are just spots. This is why I think I should do a peel? What products should I look into, preferably cheap and something I can buy in store (like Walmart or a drug/grocery store)? I know you're supposed to start out with low concentration first. I need a good solid starting point, I don't have money to waste on experimentation!

What I do now:

Day - Equate - Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment

Night - Equate - Neutrogena® On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

2x a week Zia Natural Skin Care Acne Treatment Mask (removes flakes and skin feels nice after)