Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have these ugly bags (probably patches of fat) under my eyes, and I've had them ever since I can remember. Obviously, they are genetic since my mom has them too. I know for a fact I get enough sleep (at least 7-9 hours per night), my diet is better than most everyone I know, I'm not overweight, and I exercise at least 2-4 times per week.

The bags have HUGE shadows under them and if I push in on the bags, the shadow goes away and they are invisible. However, for obvious reasons I can't walk around all day with my fingers pushing in on the bags. :lol: For the past few years I've ditched my contacts and wear glasses all the time since that is my only option for covering them.

I have literally tried everything short of surgery to make these things go away. I have used a million different creams that "claim" to make undereye bags and dark circles vanish. I have tried every concealer under the sun, and the concealer only makes the shadow more obvious. I've tried Preparation H (useless AND disgusting!), vitamin K topically and orally, cucumber slices, and a million other supposed home remedies.

Any ideas? Am I stuck with getting blepharoplasty or some sort of mesotherapy treatment? Is there something similar I can do at home that won't dent my bank account?

This issue is actually driving me more crazy than my acne scars... :evil:

Thanks for any responses...

Hmm...if it's genetic, then it's probably just your facial structure. It's probably not as bad as you think either. I've seen people with a thick crease under the eye, creating a "bag", and it actually looks quite nice.

Example: Shirley Manson. Not her best photo, but an example of her eye structure.