Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest AcneProne_1977

For the LADIES: Irregular Periods / Spotting

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey girls!!

Just wondering if any one else is having irregular periods since starting Accutane? My periods used to be on time (all the time), I had a regular flow and it would only last for about 4 days.

Now that I'm on Tane, my periods are late, they're VERY heavy at the beginning, last about 4 days and then I spot for about 4 more days (brownish spotting).

I spoke to the Pharmacist and she said it's not common, but it does happen. I just want to make sure I'm not the only one with fucked up periods... it'll make me feel better and more "normal". :)

Thanks,

Robyn

P.s. I posted something similar to this a couple weeks ago, but now that I'm "spotting", I'd like more input about that part of the situation.

Yup... I think I'm experiencing the same problem. I've always had regulr periods, and I wasn't on birth control pills before accutane. My first month on pills I was fine. The FIRST day I took accutane I had breakthrough bleeding (like a regular period) for 2 weeks... nothing on week 3, and very light spotting when I was supposed to get my period. I am going back to the derm next week, and I am going to bring this to her attention. I thought I was the only one! :hugs:

Guest AcneProne_1977
Yup... I think I'm experiencing the same problem. I've always had regulr periods, and I wasn't on birth control pills before accutane. My first month on pills I was fine. The FIRST day I took accutane I had breakthrough bleeding (like a regular period) for 2 weeks... nothing on week 3, and very light spotting when I was supposed to get my period. I am going back to the derm next week, and I am going to bring this to her attention. I thought I was the only one! :hugs:

I agree. This is only my first month on accutane and my period was messed up. I am switching birth control pillsfrom Femcon to Yasmin, I am thinking its maybe the pill I was on. But I am gonna tell the derm, and I will keep you posted!

Guest AcneProne_1977
I agree. This is only my first month on accutane and my period was messed up. I am switching birth control pillsfrom Femcon to Yasmin, I am thinking its maybe the pill I was on. But I am gonna tell the derm, and I will keep you posted!

This is so weird that this was posted today!

I am also having the same problem of irregular periods, and today was the climax.

I have been on accutane for almost a month. Before tane, I had scarily regular periods ("to the hour" regular!). But, this month, for the first time, I was 6 days late. I am not taking any birth control pills. For those six days, I experienced intense cramps, nausea, brown discharge, and today, vomiting.

I finally got my period a little later on today, but it is extremely light, when it is usually super heavy at the beginning. My friends say that it is stress. But, I've been stressed before, and my periods have never altered. I think it is tane.

Guest AcneProne_1977

I am also having the same problem of irregular periods, and today was the climax.

I have been on accutane for almost a month. Before tane, I had scarily regular periods ("to the hour" regular!). But, this month, for the first time, I was 6 days late. I am not taking any birth control pills. For those six days, I experienced intense cramps, nausea, brown discharge, and today, vomiting.

I finally got my period a little later on today, but it is extremely light, when it is usually super heavy at the beginning. My friends say that it is stress. But, I've been stressed before, and my periods have never altered. I think it is tane.

I have irregular periods all the time and I'm not on accutane, I've never heard that it's a problem though I hope it isn't :(

acneprone my name is robyn tooooo!!!! :D hehe

Guest AcneProne_1977
I have irregular periods all the time and I'm not on accutane, I've never heard that it's a problem though I hope it isn't :(

acneprone my name is robyn tooooo!!!! :D hehe

I had irregular periods all the time and I was not on accutane(sometimes could last 7,8 days)..now I'm on Accutane + Yaz, my period is normal...light and short (2,3 days bleeding, and other days are spotting)

it def messes with your system. i didnt have a period for about 5months straight (very athletic, training a lot) then the first month i started taking accutane, i started having monthly periods again. have been for 6 months.

No BCP here. They slowed down while on Accutane, stopped altogether for the last couple months and did not return until four months after I stopped taking 'em. Pretty awesome, if you ask me :D Went to a couple male docs after for something else and the jerks did not understand why I wasn't getting 'em if I wasn't knocked up. :evil: First female Doc I went to was like, yeah, of course! Thank God for women :D

I stopped taking the BCP about two months ago because i was having serious weight gain (as usual when i take BCP) and ever since my period has been out of whack. i dont know if its the tane or the going off of the pills but it's ridiculous. Can't wait to get this drug out of my system!

Guest AcneProne_1977
No BCP here. They slowed down while on Accutane, stopped altogether for the last couple months and did not return until four months after I stopped taking 'em. Pretty awesome, if you ask me :D Went to a couple male docs after for something else and the jerks did not understand why I wasn't getting 'em if I wasn't knocked up. :evil: First female Doc I went to was like, yeah, of course! Thank God for women :D

Guest AcneProne_1977
i almost have no periods while on accutane and i hate it

i almost have no periods while on accutane and i hate it

I would hate it too... some people are happy about that, but not having a period makes me feel icky, believe it or not! :)

OK. So I went to my derm, and told her what happened. She said accutane should NOT cause irregular periods. That I may be just adjusting to BC. I'm not sure I buy this answer...

I stopped taking the BCP about two months ago because i was having serious weight gain (as usual when i take BCP) and ever since my period has been out of whack. i dont know if its the tane or the going off of the pills but it's ridiculous. Can't wait to get this drug out of my system!

Hello,

I'm midway through my third month of Accutane and my periods are definitely lighter. I also sometimes have some very light spotting during the time I'm not on my period, but that would last only for a day or two and then go away.

Does anyone else seem to have a lack of appetite as well? I do manage to eat since it's important to take Accutane with food. Seems like Accutane is a miracle drug. It will help you to become skinny and pimple-free. Kidding.

Guest AcneProne_1977
OK. So I went to my derm, and told her what happened. She said accutane should NOT cause irregular periods. That I may be just adjusting to BC. I'm not sure I buy this answer...

I thought she was wrong. I think sometimes they tell you that you are wrong so that you just continue with treatment. Well, now I'm off Femcon and on Yasmin (which I was on before and liked). So hopefully I'll have a normal month. I'm loving being back on BC though... I gotta say, the boobies are getting nice and full lol. :redface:

Guest AcneProne_1977
I thought she was wrong. I think sometimes they tell you that you are wrong so that you just continue with treatment. Well, now I'm off Femcon and on Yasmin (which I was on before and liked). So hopefully I'll have a normal month. I'm loving being back on BC though... I gotta say, the boobies are getting nice and full lol. :redface: