Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does normal butter break you out? I have casein allergy and I've kept away from everything that contains it (well I cheated two days ago, but I only got one cyst, it seems like my body recovers from the allergy and still allows me to eat some dairy products from time to time). I have no cysts and my skin looks good even with the redmarks.

I'm wondering if eating butter could break me out. It's dairy, so it does contain casein, but I found this while googling:

http://www.doctorvolpe.com/qa.html

"...there can be a benefit to reintroducing butter even in a casein-free diet. The amount of casein in butter is minimal and can often be tolerated without a problem even by individuals who are highly sensitive to milk and other dairy products."

Could it be true? I ate buttered bread sandwiches for yesterday and this morning and I haven't got a single cyst, but I'm still sort of worried.

How do you get along with butter?

Butter is generally safe but if you have a serious casein allergy I would suggest that you consume ghee(clarified butter) instead. I think you can buy it in the US or you can make your own at home. Google for recipe. In the end you will have to try it out for yourself and observe the results.

I guess I'll experiment with it then by eating sandwiches for every morning. If it starts to break me out, I'll go with Glein's suggestion. Thanks

I guess I'll experiment with it then by eating sandwiches for every morning. If it starts to break me out, I'll go with Glein's suggestion. Thanks

I would me more worried about eating the bread. :wacko:

I love butter! I only buy organic butter though because fat-soluble toxins collect in animal fat. So non-organic butter would be a sort of concentrated source of whatever fat soluble toxins that animal had been exposed to in its life. Fat soluble toxins are notorious for being extremely hard to rid yourself of once consumed, so I don't want that problem. But organic butter is fabulous!

It was funny, I was in the health food store, and I mentioned that I loved butter, and you'd think I'd just openly admitted to regularly eating twinkies or something. The woman actually blushed and then gave me a tip on how to flavor foods without butter so they still taste good...lol Saturated fat is not bad! I thought the health food store would be ahead of the curve on this one by now, but I guess not yet.

I would me more worried about eating the bread. :wacko:

If you have problems with regular butter, you could try goat's milk butter (available in some health food stores). Some people who have problems with the casein in cow's milk can tolerate goat's milk.

Dear God. I loved butter. Sometimes for no reason I would eat a spoon full...also sometimes I would lick salt...no wonder I broke out so much...

what makes goats milk better?

Dear God. I loved butter. Sometimes for no reason I would eat a spoon full...also sometimes I would lick salt...no wonder I broke out so much...

Reminds me of that episode of simpsons where Homer eats a stick of butter with a waffle wrapped around it heh.

butter = god

unfortunately my house contains only margarine unless there is a plan to cook something which demands butter be used (and rightfully so). I live in the house hold where the assumption is made any fat and any salt kills instantly, though that doesn't explain why we get margarine..

To rid butter of milk solids simply simmer it for a while, on 30% or less max heat of a stovetop, and they will just float to the top, scoop off with a spoon and pour the butter into a small container and put it in the fridge to solidify.

what makes goats milk better?

lol... WHAT?!!?!

:chuck: Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo hides.