Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragonite

What's the best to get rid of Hyperpigmentation?

I have hyperpigmentation around my lips and it's purty damn dirty-looking.

I heard AHA is good for hyperpigmentation so I recently started using Neutrogena Facial Lotion AHA with 15 SPF but it gets me a little shiny.

Any other recommendations or moisturizers to get rid of hyperpigmentation?

Lotions and stuff like that dont get rid of pigmentation. You can try hydroquione if its avaiable in your country. If not a series of glycolic acid peels will slowly fade them, however as its around your lips be very careful you dont damage your lips.

Hyperpigmentation are marks on the skin, every time your body makes new skin it copies the design of the current layer of skin, like a blueprint, this means it will copy the pigmentation too. Glycolic or any other AHA should wear away the marks so on your next layer of skin they wont be so dark. Unfortunatly its a long process.

I recommend trying MaMa Lotion which is great for hyperpigmentation. 'Google' this product to find out more.

Yeah I had my eye on them and your topic about them for a while now.

But it says they're "milder than Glycolic," so wouldn't that mean that they're less effective than Glycolic acid?

And if I do start using them, when should I use them? (Please check my signature for my current regime)

I recommend trying MaMa Lotion which is great for hyperpigmentation. 'Google' this product to find out more.

Yeah I had my eye on them and your topic about them for a while now.

But it says they're "milder than Glycolic," so wouldn't that mean that they're less effective than Glycolic acid?

And if I do start using them, when should I use them? (Please check my signature for my current regime)

I think mandelic is less irritating than glycolic because it is milder but is not meant to be any less effective. I guess it's a bit like the 2.5% vs higher strengths of BP example. I would personally forget BP use and concentrate on AHAs.

I have just started spot treating with MaMa Lotion and it's amazing how what normally would become a fully blown cyst or huge pimple is literally stopped dead in its tracks and I am not experiencing any peeling by spot treating either. So it appears the healing time is a lot faster. I am only just entering my third week after 2 weeks every other night and now I am using it nightly and with spot treating during the day. My skin feels a lot smoother, brighter, no redness whatsoever, pore sizes appear to have shrunk.

In the past I usually had about 10-12 active acne on forehead, chin, cheeks and now I am getting maybe one on forehead and one on cheeks. A dramatic turnaround in 2 weeks. Even after 1 month on BP I did not have this level of success and of course all those dreaded BP side effects. Currently my prior blemishes are healing quickly and now I am obsessing over maybe 1-2 spots instead of at least a dozen. I have a habit of continually checking in the mirror to see what new spots I have and what needs picking or squeezing and it's almost strange to look and find my skin looking this good.

I am 33 years old and have been battling with my skin for about 20 years. Like others I have tried nearly everything under the sun except Accutane and I am also in disbelief that this stuff appears to be working. Still only early days but only time will tell. My goal is to have super smooth, blemish free, radiant, even toned skin on my face that I can be proud to face the world wearing makeup. In the past, I cannot even go to the local store without my makeup on and have felt so naked, exposed and ugly without it because of my skin.

Check out the Mild to Moderate acne forum and the post titled, "NuCelle CHANGED MY LIFE!, Before/after pics". This girl is a prime example of someone who has used mandelic acid and is now free of acne and hyperpigmentation after just 5 months. Previously her acne was quite bad. I read this post last night and I am very inspired by her story.