Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragonite

Can anybody recommend me some good moisturizer?

I don't have much acne but I do have acne scars and hyperpigmentation around my lips. I have very sensitive skin and Dan's moisturizer isn't enough for me + my skin reacts to jojoba oil.

I recently got the Neutrogena Facial Lotion AHA with 15SPF but it gets me a little shiny.

Any other moisturizers with AHA any of you guys recommend? (Trying to fade the hyperpigmentation using AHA...)

I've read many people using "Cetaphil"?

Alpha Hydrox makes an AHA lotion. I haven't used it, but I've heard good things about it. I use their oil-free gel and love it.

I believe cetaphil is only a moisturizer, and contains no AHA.

For moisturizer i use Cerave lotion, which leaves my skin soft, and not shiny or greasy at all. It has a texture different than other lotions- almost like a combination of a gel and lotion. This doesn't contain AHA though- but it's good if you just want a regular moisturizer.

The olay one in my sig is great. Very small amount of chemicals, no smell (besides the natural smell of ingredients), and no shine (atleast for me). :)

Lac-Hydrin Five? It contains lactic acid, not glycolic, though. Although, I heard lactic acid can actually be better for pigmentation problems.

I haven't used glycolic acid all that much, but with the consistent use of LH5, I hardly get post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation anymore, and when I do, the marks only last a couple days. It took awhile, but it also faded old red marks. They weren't perceptibly fading on their own, so I'm guessing the LH5 quickened their demise. So, I can vouch for it fading red marks, but I don't have any actual melanin issues arising from acne, so I don't have any personal experience there (in case this is what you're talking about).

As long as I don't use too much, it dries matte. If I mix it with aloe vera gel, I can use more, and it will still dry matte.

I don't have much acne but I do have acne scars and hyperpigmentation around my lips. I have very sensitive skin and Dan's moisturizer isn't enough for me + my skin reacts to jojoba oil.

I recently got the Neutrogena Facial Lotion AHA with 15SPF but it gets me a little shiny.

Any other moisturizers with AHA any of you guys recommend? (Trying to fade the hyperpigmentation using AHA...)

I've read many people using "Cetaphil"?

The Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free mentioned earlier has no SPF and a glycolic acid content of 10% at a pH of 4. I've never used it and can't comment on whether or not it's lighter than your current Neutrogena, but it does fit your criteria.

Does anybody do their "acne-aggravating ingredient" research before they start using their moisturizers?

Half the people here who recommended me their moisturizers have acne-aggravating ingredients in them...

Anybody else?

Does anybody do their "acne-aggravating ingredient" research before they start using their moisturizers?

Half the people here who recommended me their moisturizers have acne-aggravating ingredients in them...

Anybody else?

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is really good. If you want a lotion that helps with exfoliation, Eucerin Everday Protection with SPF 30 has lactic acid that helps with flakiness.