Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Can you guys fill me in on what i'm missing out?

Why are you missing out? If it's not your style then it's just not your style. If you don't like it or feel comfortable why go with the flow? Because "normal" people do it? If a normal person's idea of fun means getting drunk, vomiting all over the place, being promiscuous and sleeping with a person they've just met, then sorry, I will pass!! It's better being "ab-normal" me thinks - and shouldn't feel bad about it.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Yeah, but he won't know if it "isn't his style" unless he tries it. Maybe a whole world of fun will open up to him? It did for me. But I'm known as a bit of a "party guy"... I tend to throw a lot of them.

Go to a party! Have some fun!

It's all over-rated. Life is over-rated. I blame the media.

Well put, media has corrupted our youth. I think your better off being alone at the moment. I'm not sure if your a religious man but honestly i think all of the hype of being cool, being rich, takes away from our true purpose here on Earth. We come into this world alone with nothing, and we leave alone with nothing. Now there is a reason we are here, remember we are just souls.

I'm not sure if your a fan of Pink Floyd but the song "Comfortably Numb" really strikes a cord in me. Mainly when im lifted, it all just makes sense.

My best advice to you would be, get some weed, smoke, put on some Pink Floyd and really listen to the music.

Grow as a person, read about Ghandi, the Dhali Lama, Jesus. You might just learn something

I'm going to go against the grain here...

High school parties were fucking awesome. I had terrible skin, I just didn't really let it get to me. Can't say the same for now... But, anyway! High school parties were great. A lot of drinking, good times, chatting with random people, discovering what partying was all about.

Due to the bad skin, it knocked out the dating and sex element... But, it was fun none the less. Made a heap of good friends.

Just start going to parties, man. You'll have a ball. Can't explain why they're so much fun, they just are. Get smashed and allow yourself to do some silly shit. You know, after you turn 18 you can actually get in trouble for things... Before 18, it's just a slap on the wrist ;).

This is some of the worst advice I have ever heard! People like you are the reason high school kids kill people while drunk driving and do hundreds of other irresponsible things.

Yes, I went through high school and attended exactly two of those parties you have so adequately described. I didn't find them the least bit fun, but then again, I have enough sense not to drink any form of alcohol.

My advice is to find a few close friends and just enjoy life. I never felt the need to parade myself around at a party, shit-faced, and "mingle".

Maybe I'm the atypical 18 year old though.

This is some of the worst advice I have ever heard! People like you are the reason high school kids kill people while drunk driving and do hundreds of other irresponsible things.

Yes, I went through high school and attended exactly two of those parties you have so adequately described. I didn't find them the least bit fun, but then again, I have enough sense not to drink any form of alcohol.

My advice is to find a few close friends and just enjoy life. I never felt the need to parade myself around at a party, shit-faced, and "mingle".

Why do you feel the need to put down his advice? Because its not how you believe? You could have simply said you do not agree, instead of putting his advice off as crap. Do you want me to go saying your advice is crap, just because i might not fully agree?

Why dont you drink alchohol? Whats so bad about it?

Why do you feel the need to put down his advice? Because its not how you believe? You could have simply said you do not agree, instead of putting his advice off as crap. Do you want me to go saying your advice is crap, just because i might not fully agree?

Why dont you drink alchohol? Whats so bad about it?

What's so bad about alchohol?

My father.

My father.

Ok, that doesnt make it bad. Just because one person abuses it doesnt mark it as evil. There are many people who use it the right way. You dont need to generalize it because of him.

It's people like you who ruin all the fun for the rest of us with your stupid laws.

My father.

Ok, that doesnt make it bad. Just because one person abuses it doesnt mark it as evil. There are many people who use it the right way. You dont need to generalize it because of him.

It's people like you who ruin all the fun for the rest of us with your stupid laws.

Oh yes, I ruin all the fun. :confused:

"Stupid laws?" Well, personlly I feel that there are entirely too many cases of drunk driving in the United States, and promiscuitiy is only perpetuated by being inebriated in a house full of teenagers who are ruled by their hormones.

I only state this because it is scientifically proven what the exact repercussions of consuming alcohol is, it is not an opinion, but a fact. I stand by science, and I am truly sorry if I made it sound like I valued my opinion more than the person's I commented on. That was not my intention.

I wouldn't have a problem with alcohol, at least, not as much of one, if people could just be mature about their activities when consuming it. But in the US, it seems that it's main problem is over consumtion, of supersizing everything. Which to me, is selfish, when looked at on an international scale, of a world in which much is needed yet we are consumers of more than our fair share of basically everything.

So, I don't see drinking alcohol as just a "law to be broken by irresponsible people" but rather a selfish quest for 'harmless fun' which only perpetuates a horrible cycle.

My father.

Oh yes, I ruin all the fun. :confused:

"Stupid laws?" Well, personlly I feel that there are entirely too many cases of drunk driving in the United States, and promiscuitiy is only perpetuated by being inebriated in a house full of teenagers who are ruled by their hormones.

I only state this because it is scientifically proven what the exact repercussions of consuming alcohol is, it is not an opinion, but a fact. I stand by science, and I am truly sorry if I made it sound like I valued my opinion more than the person's I commented on. That was not my intention.

I wouldn't have a problem with alcohol, at least, not as much of one, if people could just be mature about their activities when consuming it. But in the US, it seems that it's main problem is over consumtion, of supersizing everything. Which to me, is selfish, when looked at on an international scale, of a world in which much is needed yet we are consumers of more than our fair share of basically everything.

So, I don't see drinking alcohol as just a "law to be broken by irresponsible people" but rather a selfish quest for 'harmless fun' which only perpetuates a horrible cycle.

I was kidding about the no fun part. Only to show you that your sweeping overgenerlzations about how he is the cause of accidents in the us is not fair. Just like how i cant judge you, even though you sound like a no fun loving person to the average american.

Please dont use huge words... my english vocabulary is like that of a 2 year old.

Leave the united states, and you will see alchohol as not being so bad. Your country is the one that makes it bad. Maybe if they would stop being so conservative and let someone who is legally an adult decide if they want to drink or not, it wouldnt be such a big problem.

I was kidding about the no fun part. Only to show you that your sweeping overgenerlzations about how he is the cause of accidents in the us is not fair. Just like how i cant judge you, even though you sound like a no fun loving person to the average american.

Please dont use huge words... my english vocabulary is like that of a 2 year old.

Leave the united states, and you will see alchohol as not being so bad. Your country is the one that makes it bad. Maybe if they would stop being so conservative and let someone who is legally an adult decide if they want to drink or not, it wouldnt be such a big problem.

I thought that I made it clear that I was speaking about the US, and that outside that country, the world doesn't have as much a problem with alcohol. Maybe I forgot to put that part in.

And well, I don't see, logically,the point in drinking alcohol, therefore I don't. Plus, the scientific reasons I already mentioned.

Maybe I'm not an 'average american', but I rather find that to be a positive quality.

As for fun, oh, I find a lot of it. In nature, in a good novel, in my friends, my family, at the gym, in my studies, in music, in painting, generally in life. =)

I thought that I made it clear that I was speaking about the US, and that outside that country, the world doesn't have as much a problem with alcohol. Maybe I forgot to put that part in.

And well, I don't see, logically,the point in drinking alcohol, therefore I don't. Plus, the scientific reasons I already mentioned.

Maybe I'm not an 'average american', but I rather find that to be a positive quality.

As for fun, oh, I find a lot of it. In nature, in a good novel, in my friends, my family, at the gym, in my studies, in music, in painting, generally in life. =)

We need to get you drunk... :dance: (just kidding)

But seriously, have you ever had anything alchoholic? Probably not i am assuming, because you seem like the person who would be too scared to drink under the legal age. Unless you have travelled...

I love to drink and see nothing wrong with it. And for science, it has been proven that people who drink wine every day live longer. there is your point right there. In moderation, it is very healthy for you. I have italian grandparents that have been drinking everyday their whole lives and are well into their 90's.

and i dont know, you seem pretty americana to me... :think: :D

I do seem american to you? How so? Well, I do love my freedom and independence. =)

Well, my dad and his father were both alcoholics, my grandfather died of it when my father was 11, and my own father...well, he is nothing to be proud of. I think it would be highly disrespectful to not only my body but my life to potentially start something that could turn into a lifetime problem, and considering alcoholism is embedded in genes, I would rather not risk it.

Now maybe if my situation were different, than I might. But I doubt it, it just isn't rational, and I see no positive outcome from it.

I don't scream at others who enjoy it, but I just don't like hearing some person egg another person onto the drinking train, especially where high school parties are concerned.

Oh, and I've been offered drinks numerous times, and yeah, I was in Australia where I could legally drink,but I didn't. I did like Australia quite a lot though.

I do seem american to you? How so? Well, I do love my freedom and independence. =)

Well, my dad and his father were both alcoholics, my grandfather died of it when my father was 11, and my own father...well, he is nothing to be proud of. I think it would be highly disrespectful to not only my body but my life to potentially start something that could turn into a lifetime problem, and considering alcoholism is embedded in genes, I would rather not risk it.

Now maybe if my situation were different, than I might. But I doubt it, it just isn't rational, and I see no positive outcome from it.

I don't scream at others who enjoy it, but I just don't like hearing some person egg another person onto the drinking train, especially where high school parties are concerned.

Oh, and I've been offered drinks numerous times, and yeah, I was in Australia where I could legally drink,but I didn't. I did like Australia quite a lot though.

I was going to say you seem americana because got overly angry when someone expressed another idea to your own, and you use HUGE words. (And on a side note, why is it people in america try to convert me to prodestantism and all that when i am already roman catholic??????)

You still need to try something before you hate something. How can you know that its bad until you have had some? Go buy a wine cooler on christmas. It tastes good, and wont make you feel anything. Or go buy some real wine... its good for you.

And what freedoms were you referring to?

I think lonely people have this idea - and it's a misconception - that everyone else is living happy and socially full lives, completely free of worries, doubts, and pain.

That's a lie.

I think if you were able to see - really see - what was going on in the heads of those people you envy, you'd be shocked to find that they're lives aren't perfect. Besides, paryting 24/7 doesn't nesscarilly mean you have alot of friends or that you're happy. I've been out of high school for going on a decade, but I remember THINKING about how I was the only one left out, and later learning that I was far from the only one "left out."

I think lonely people have this idea - and it's a misconception - that everyone else is living happy and socially full lives, completely free of worries, doubts, and pain.

That's a lie.

I think if you were able to see - really see - what was going on in the heads of those people you envy, you'd be shocked to find that they're lives aren't perfect. Besides, paryting 24/7 doesn't nesscarilly mean you have alot of friends or that you're happy. I've been out of high school for going on a decade, but I remember THINKING about how I was the only one left out, and later learning that I was far from the only one "left out."

I experienced the same exact thing in high school as well, thinking that I was the only person struggling with self-esteem issues and feeling left out. Looking back on it, I feel really silly for thinking that way. Everyone in high school (actually all throughout life) is struggling with something, it just may not be as obvious. It was pretty selfish and immature of me to think I was the only one, if I had payed more attention to other people I would have noticed other people were struggling as well.

In terms of partying, I think some people have a personality geared toward it more so than others. I didn't party at all in high school, and I've only drank a few times in college. Alcoholism runs in my family and I've always been apprehensive to try, but all and all it was rather fun. I think it really just depends on what you're comfortable with. For me, I like to drink only with my closest friends in a safe, familiar environment. I also don't get drunk to the point where I lose my inhibitions as well. Drinking can be fun, but there are definitely people who use alcohol as a social crutch because of their insecurities and self-doubt. Just like anything else, it can be abused. Like I said before, it just depends on what you consider fun.

Somehow I feel the existence of this board perpetuates many of the problems that are vocalised by the members. Lonely people brought together are still lonely... I think I would rather be lonely alone rather than alone together. Sometimes you can be in a crowded room and feel at your loneliest.

Then why are you posting here???? In a previous post you said not to waste words here, and in this one, you imply that this site is part of the problem. While the internet can be the world's greatest (or worst, depending on pov) time-waster, it does nothing but come off as cruel to say those things.

Really, why are you posting here then?

Then why are you posting here???? In a previous post you said not to waste words here, and in this one, you imply that this site is part of the problem. While the internet can be the world's greatest (or worst, depending on pov) time-waster, it does nothing but come off as cruel to say those things.

Really, why are you posting here then?

The truth is Elsewhere, you are the reason I post here. Please say you will marry me and have my beautiful babies.

It's never too late to go out and try something new. Like everyone else has said, just try it out and don't let anything hold you back. Go to a party with some of your friends and see how you like it. Best of luck!

:lol: An unexpected and witty reply! Touche.

Unfortunately, I'm already taken, so we'll both have to settle for a torch-like relationship, and endure the ups and downs of a love realized yet never consumated.

;)

You don't have to go to a party and drink to have a good time, but if that's your idea of one, then give it a shot. I'm missing out on a lot myself, especially in the whole dating aspect, but I'm hoping to have the opportunity to make up for that if I'm ever welcome at any parties. I consider myself a bit socially retarded, so I'd probably just end up embarrassing myself in these situations, but my view on things is that it's never the things you did that you regret, it's the things you DIDN'T do. I can't tell you how many parties I regret saying no to, but I can't name one that I actually regret going to. And sometimes, its better to go and regret going than to not go at all and wonder what could have happened. I'm sure your not missing out on much though. Best of luck to you, and a few good friends is better than being the most popular person in a party of people who will just talk about the first person who leaves :)

You don't have to go to a party and drink to have a good time, but if that's your idea of one, then give it a shot. I'm missing out on a lot myself, especially in the whole dating aspect, but I'm hoping to have the opportunity to make up for that if I'm ever welcome at any parties. I consider myself a bit socially retarded, so I'd probably just end up embarrassing myself in these situations, but my view on things is that it's never the things you did that you regret, it's the things you DIDN'T do. I can't tell you how many parties I regret saying no to, but I can't name one that I actually regret going to. And sometimes, its better to go and regret going than to not go at all and wonder what could have happened. I'm sure your not missing out on much though. Best of luck to you, and a few good friends is better than being the most popular person in a party of people who will just talk about the first person who leaves :)

are you really thinking you are missing out on dating and parties at 13?? what has the world come to... you just became a teenager this year and you are already worrying about it?! My sympathies for your parents...

are you really thinking you are missing out on dating and parties at 13?? what has the world come to... you just became a teenager this year and you are already worrying about it?! My sympathies for your parents...

Guess I said the wrong thing :confused: Believe it or not, over here you do. No worries for my parents, I'm rarely out of the house apart from school and sports. Trust me, I wish I knew what the world was coming to myself, because there's way too much wrong with it. Just wanted to provide a little advice for the OP, even if I don't happen to have as much experience. As I mentioned, true friends are better to have than just being generally well-liked, and I hope the OP can find an atmosphere in which he can be with such people :)