Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Can you guys fill me in on what i'm missing out?

Well this is kinda depressing, but i'm a senior, and I feel like i'm missing out normal teenage events. Football games, parties, dances, dates, everything. I've never been to one, purely because I never feel like i'm wanted anywhere, so why bother going? I've never even been to a party before. What do people usually do at parties? How crazy do school dances get?

It's sad, because it's too late to attend any football games as the season is over. The girl I like, and alot of my "friends" are going to parties this Friday with the promise of lols, great fun, and drinking. I've never been on a real date. I've only been to two dances, both of which has ended with me getting a black eye and embarressed. And these were both in middle school.

I doubt i'll even go to prom.

The thing that keeps me going is the hope that my life in the future will be better enjoyed then other people.

*sigh*

It's not even about acne. It's beyond that. My life, my personality, its just out of connection with the world. Few people understand me. Few people I can talk too.

I am like that too. I thought I was missing out. I am 20, in HS I attended a lot of events, but I never dated or partied. I am now 20, still haven't dated, but partying let me tell you, isnt very fun. I dont think getting drunk is cool, like these people do, I will once in a while for fun but rarely. I think parties are not all that much fun, but thats cause im introverted and like to be alone a lot of the time.

Just put yourself out there, its what i did, and it payed dividends.

Don't be afraid to try something new. Even if you think it's "not your style" give it a shot. It's easy to say that no one understands you and you like to be alone. You can convince yourself you're not missing out on anything, but you are. Go out and start living.

I had fun at high school events (well, some of them, certainly not all the dances or football games I attended were worth my energy), but that was because I was with my friends. I don't know if we would have had any less fun if we had done our own thing at someone's house. My most fun times were small gatherings with friends, going out "exploring" at night, maybe drinking a little (but often not, and never drinking and driving), and just enjoying who we were and where we were.

I went on one blind date with a guy visiting from another state arranged by my parents as some kind of evil experiment in awkwardness maximization at age 14, and that was the extent of my dating experience in high school. Seriously. Lots of people don't date in high school and they turn out fine. College has been much better to me in that regard. Lord knows how many reasonably well-adjusted college boys around here didn't give a rip about dances and dating in high school, either. It's not instrumental to social success in any way.

I was the same way in high school and was constantly assured that college would be a revelatory experience and a "whole new world" for me. Suffice to say, it wasn't, in fact, my social horizons now in senior year at Uni are even worse than senior year of high school. The only moral I can take from all these years of social isolation is that you have to put yourself out there, if you sit back and be passive life will indeed pass you by.

Missing a life of a "normal" person. Have a lot of sex, drink, friends and fun.

People with average to above average looks have a really good time during life about these things i said. Well to be more specific, people with nice skin and full hair have a nice social life.

Well this is kinda depressing, but i'm a senior, and I feel like i'm missing out normal teenage events. Football games, parties, dances, dates, everything. I've never been to one, purely because I never feel like i'm wanted anywhere, so why bother going? I've never even been to a party before. What do people usually do at parties? How crazy do school dances get?

It's sad, because it's too late to attend any football games as the season is over. The girl I like, and alot of my "friends" are going to parties this Friday with the promise of lols, great fun, and drinking. I've never been on a real date. I've only been to two dances, both of which has ended with me getting a black eye and embarressed. And these were both in middle school.

The thing that keeps me going is the hope that my life in the future will be better enjoyed then other people.

*sigh*

In highschool senior yr i literally mist out on everything from prom to graduation, to being with friends, to even being in my own yr book. Pisses me off to think about it now, but i rebounded from it somewhat now. Your not really "missing" out on parties. Its only fun and only seems good when you think about how your missing out, when in reality, you go and its not even that great.

Things can easily get better, and in just a yr there can be alot of changes for you and better things.

Why are you missing out? If it's not your style then it's just not your style. If you don't like it or feel comfortable why go with the flow? Because "normal" people do it? If a normal person's idea of fun means getting drunk, vomiting all over the place, being promiscuous and sleeping with a person they've just met, then sorry, I will pass!! It's better being "ab-normal" me thinks - and shouldn't feel bad about it.

i missed out alot in my high school. i also dropped out though my senior year. i'm not sure what ur missing to tell you he truth. i was off in my "own crowd" out of school. jus don't get mixed up in the wrong shit is my only suggestion.

I never went to my prom mainly because the high school I went too didnt have one. I went to parties all throughout my senior year. Your not missing out on much. Its pretty much the same thing: drinking, fights, people making asses out of themselves, people crying because how drunk they are, random hookups and within an hour the cops come and its over with. It takes longer to find the place than to actually be there.

If its not your thing then dont do it. Dont force yourself to be what society thinks you should be. They make a big deal about going to parties and football games in high school when in reality most people dont do that.

I never went to one really good party. Either it ended up with me and my friends lost or trying to find a way home and me usually babysitting them because they can handle their drinking.

Find your own group of friends and do your own type of things with them.

I was the same way in high school and was constantly assured that college would be a revelatory experience and a "whole new world" for me. Suffice to say, it wasn't, in fact, my social horizons now in senior year at Uni are even worse than senior year of high school. The only moral I can take from all these years of social isolation is that you have to put yourself out there, if you sit back and be passive life will indeed pass you by.

Its like you just took a page from the story of my life. Exact same thing man :(

*sigh*

Well, if you are just missing out on parties, then youre doing great. Its full of american kids thinking they are cool because they can drink beer. The only thing I advise is for you to get friends (if you dont already have some). Parties come and go, but friends are always there for you. It may seem like a big deal to put yourself out there, but no matter how hard it seems, noone is really looking at you. I know its stereotypical things parents tell you, but its true man. A whole bunch of freshmen came to my lunch table with my and my friends, and we dont care. As long as they arent annoying, they can eat with us. And maybe it will form friendship? who knows? You just gotta go get out there!!!!

some of the worst times of my life have been doing shit how its 'suppose to be.' i didnt go out much in hs bc of bad skin, but from my experiences:

hs football games were fun, but kind of depressing when you go by yourself. drinking parties are boring as hell if you arent getting drunk, which i never did. and some parties in general are a big waste of time. just bc alot of people stand around doesnt mean anything, its usually just fake and awkward anyhow. prom was long/ boring at times/ uncomforable, as i went with a blind date, but dancing along side some of my guy friends was fun. we did weird shit.

so far college has been so fun, i wouldnt trade it for anything. my best memories all involve hanging out with a few friends, even if we just go see a movie or sit and do nothing-college is great for this bc everyone lives so close together.

just be yourself, try and make real friends bc in the end they are all that matters. they are going to be with you when shit hits the fan.. i agree with giovani get out there meet people whenever you can!

parties-dranking it up, and getting liftedddd

Clubs- holla at dem shawties(anda bay bay) n freakin on da dance flo. i like clubs cuz it's semi dark n hard to see my acne =D therefore gives me an extra 10% of confidence to dance wit several beezies.

Therefore Beezies fo weezy =).

but daym ur missing out make senior year u best, im a senior too btw trying go to as much as i can.

but u got homies goin to parties n clubs go along wit dem. dont miss out sonnnn

I'm going to go against the grain here...

High school parties were fucking awesome. I had terrible skin, I just didn't really let it get to me. Can't say the same for now... But, anyway! High school parties were great. A lot of drinking, good times, chatting with random people, discovering what partying was all about.

Due to the bad skin, it knocked out the dating and sex element... But, it was fun none the less. Made a heap of good friends.

Just start going to parties, man. You'll have a ball. Can't explain why they're so much fun, they just are. Get smashed and allow yourself to do some silly shit. You know, after you turn 18 you can actually get in trouble for things... Before 18, it's just a slap on the wrist ;).