Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have heared a lot about this Nlite laser treatment, people have been hypeing it up . I have done a bit of research on the net, but dont trust these company websites. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it or if anyone has had an experience with it. If so can u tell me about it.

Cheers

Hi there,

I'm from the UK too, based in London and i did the n-lite treatment for about half a year at a private clinic. I paud an exorbitant amount of money whihc i couldn't really afford only for my acne to get worse!!!!

They make you sign like a disclaimer at the beginning which says that for 10% of ppl it won't work and it 'may' get worse, so you can't complain afterwards. But you never think you'll be one of the 10%! To be honest i thought it was going to be my miracle cure but that wasn't the case.

I've heard it can work for some ppl but not for me! Give it a go if you've got the cash but be warned...!

I went to a free consultation for the Nlite laser, and after the rather pushy sales pitch I declined it and realised what a waste of time it all was.

EDIT: Not to mention the phenomenal Cost!! As I was leaving they realised I wouldnt be coming back so one of them came running up to me and tried to sell me a face wash cream in a kind of a last ditch attempt to squeeze some money out of me. So I bought this stuff for like 15 quid to get them out of my hair. Admittidly though the face wash was actually pretty good

I have heared a lot about this Nlite laser treatment, people have been hypeing it up . I have done a bit of research on the net, but dont trust these company websites. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it or if anyone has had an experience with it. If so can u tell me about it.

Cheers

I've used nlite for redmarks but not for acne, although I did catch my derm zapping active zits. did three sessions, each about a month apart. my derm explained that what the nlite did was zap the blood vessels that caused my redmarks. marks got darker for about three days before getting lighter.. from what I read, it's not really effective in the long run for acne.

Wow, everyone on this thread seems against NLite. I had Nlite last year. I had a free consultation then three treatments at a total cost of £600. At this point I had had acne for 15 years and had tried everything from antibiotics and accutane to tea tree oil and accupuncture.

The consultation was pretty pointless as they just have a series of products they want to sell you, then they say 'have NLite treatment' which is what you came for anyway.

I had the three treatments starting in April and finishing in September and I have had exceptional results. For the past few months (since the last treatment) my skin has varied from mild acne to being completely clear. I'd say it reduced the problem 95%. Nowadays I sometimes don't use any topical treatments at all, but just wash with ordinary soap and use some moisturiser and I am still clear.

Out of all the treatments I've had so far, including accutane, this has been by far the most effective (and most expensive). But the results are seen very quickly. Even after the first treatment there was a dramatic improvement, and I'm the kind of guy that notices even the tiniest whitehead or bleamish.

I had my treatment at the private clinic in London, and I would honestly recommend it to anyone who has the cash.

hey,

i had 2 treatments a few years ago... and it didn't work.

i think light treatment at home might be more economical and more effective, if not accutane.

good luck,

tim

I've booked into the private clinic for this month to get the n-lite.

After reading what this message board says its making me cautious whether i should get it done or not.

All i want is for the acne to go away! I'd do anything...the most annoying thing is that everywhere i go all i see is young people with non-acne ridden faces. It makes me feel like im letting the rest of them down or something by having acne.

Does anyone strongly suggest i don't go for this n-lite? I mean, will it stop my acne?

i'm chinese from malaysia who suffered in acne scarring for 3 years, i'm thinking of doing NLite laser..

anyone here can provide more advice about NLite..

and does anyone know is there any low risk laser treatment?

THankssssss...

Arrrhhhhhhhh~~ feeeel depresssseddd... -_-lll

i'm chinese from malaysia who suffered in acne scarring for 3 years, i'm thinking of doing NLite laser..

anyone here can provide more advice about NLite..

and does anyone know is there any low risk laser treatment?

THankssssss...

Arrrhhhhhhhh~~ feeeel depresssseddd... -_-lll

What seems dodgy about NLite (I've got a few leaflets etc through the post which I sent off for...) is that could can spend all the money on it and get no results and it's tough luck. If it doesnt work you'll feel even lower than you did before from the Acne. Still Acne with an empty pocket seems disheartening.

If you live near London and have acne/scarring then I advise you to get your GP to refer you to Dr Chu at Hammersmith Hospital. He is a big fan of nlite and if he thinks it will help you then they will give you the treatments (free on the NHS, they have the laser in this hospital and did my first treatment when I went for my first consultation with him). I am now booked to have one every 3 months.

I can't comment on how well it works as I only had it recently, however, I have not had an adverse effects. I don't really have much acne anymore as I am on the contraceptive pill, but I have extensive scarring and clogged pores etc.

I went to Manchester to the Private Clinic.

They asked for an upfront payment of £100 which i paid.

In the end i did not go for the N-lite treatment because i thought they only had a limited amount of knowledge on the subject, just what they had been told to use for their sales pitch. You know? And what i knew for fact, they tried to say that it was wrong type thing so that i would use the N-lite laser.

They said it would be £675 and that would be for 3 sessions...i think, i went at the start of the year so i can't quite remember. But i was very surprised how expensive it was considering i mainly get acne on my chin, but they said they would do the whole face.

But did you know...light treatment only lasts so long, and you need to keep going back for further top-up treatments. This doesn't sound good, one there is the huge expense of it and also think about the long term impact on your skin. What if you develop a cancer?

Dont do it!

it just doesnt work, the only good thing I got from it is the guy told me about this website.

They just try and sell you more and more stuff when it doesnt work.

My story is similar to Corvidae. I’m female, 27 and had severe cystic acne on my back since my early teens. I tried literally every product on the market over the years, including birth control pill which had no effect for me.

I went to a show back in 2004 I think it was, the Body Show (?) anyway it was at Olympia and there was a stand for a private clinic in Uxbridge that dealt with N-Lite. The woman asked to see my back at which point I discretely showed her my back, she made an appointment for me and when I went to the consultation she did a patch test and took photos etc. The following week I went for treatment which consisted of her washing my back with a facial wash, then microdermabrasion and then the the N-Lite. I had some painful spots on my back which were about to turn into whiteheads/erupt and after the first session, the next few days the spots disappeared and so did the painful swelling.

My next session was about a month later and I didn’t have any major painful breakouts. I was very pleased. I went for 3 more treatments; the first being 1 month later, second was 2 months after that and the third was four months after that. This was all back in 2005 and 3 years later my acne has cleared up 95%. I get the occasional spot but this is more down to my diet and even then, the spot is nowhere near as painful as they used to be. It got rid of my lesser scars but the older, deeper ones are still there although less raised. I paid about £800 or thereabouts for the treatments and I would spend it again in a heartbeat because the relief of not having big painful spots on my back was definitely worth it. I went to a private clinic called Courtney-Bell in Uxbridge.

It helped that the woman who treated me was really nice and seemed to actually care about the treatments and not just about making money. Each time I went back for another session, the % or laser strength would be increased.

I just feel lost right now. There's too many things that are supposed to help us get rid if acne and at the same time so many success and horror stories that come with it. I'm totally lost, I don't know what to do. If I do decide to risk it on something I don't know what to risk it on anymore-accutane, n-lite..etc...

I had n-lite treatment last year and it cleared me like 98%. HOWEVER after about 3 months my skin reverted back to its former condition and I could no longer afford further treatment. I think the treatment is good if you can afford to have regular visits but this is very high cost. There is also the risk that it may not work at all, with all acne treatments everyone is different thus people have different results from the same treatment. If I was you I would make sure that I have exhausted all other treatments first...there are much cheaper ones out there such as avc. Hope this helps.

Wow, everyone on this thread seems against NLite. I had Nlite last year. I had a free consultation then three treatments at a total cost of £600. At this point I had had acne for 15 years and had tried everything from antibiotics and accutane to tea tree oil and accupuncture.

The consultation was pretty pointless as they just have a series of products they want to sell you, then they say 'have NLite treatment' which is what you came for anyway.

I had the three treatments starting in April and finishing in September and I have had exceptional results. For the past few months (since the last treatment) my skin has varied from mild acne to being completely clear. I'd say it reduced the problem 95%. Nowadays I sometimes don't use any topical treatments at all, but just wash with ordinary soap and use some moisturiser and I am still clear.

Out of all the treatments I've had so far, including accutane, this has been by far the most effective (and most expensive). But the results are seen very quickly. Even after the first treatment there was a dramatic improvement, and I'm the kind of guy that notices even the tiniest whitehead or bleamish.

I had my treatment at the private clinic in London, and I would honestly recommend it to anyone who has the cash.

Is this the same as IPL? I had the same experience with IPL lasers, very expensive but VERY worth it!!!

I now only have mild hormonal acne and before I had very severe cystic acne which notihng, not even accutane could contain