Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alona

Itchy legs

Ok, every winter since I've been in college my legs get little itchy spots on them. They show up there and there and I scratch them and they go all red. Has anyone else had this problem? I have very sensitive skin, and do have some of this in the summer too, though not nearly as bad. What moisturizer can I use?

Ok, every winter since I've been in college my legs get little itchy spots on them. They show up there and there and I scratch them and they go all red. Has anyone else had this problem? I have very sensitive skin, and do have some of this in the summer too, though not nearly as bad. What moisturizer can I use?

You want to talk about a dry winter? Come visit me in West Texas :lol:

I think I will buy some at the store tonight and try it out.

This is what I do:

Exfoliate with loofah in the shower

Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel, 1-2 times a day

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream as needed

Basically you want to exfoliate & then moisturize well. Also, jojoba oil on damp legs is great. Put it on without towel drying your legs and let them air dry so the oil really locks in the moisture. Then follow with your usual moisturizer.

It's funny. I was just telling my husband today that jeans (and to a lesser degree, khakis/pants) make my legs itch so much when I wear them. I haven't made the connection that it's in the winter moreso but that makes sense. I don't have the problem with soft pj pants (I'm in love with the newish fabric called modal). I generally don't moisturize since I think of myself as being oily but I think I need to start doing that in the winter for my legs at least.

the body shop body butter in mango. my son has eczema and this is the only lotion that keeps it under control. i would try that or gold bond medicated lotion.

i get super itchy in winter. i started using dove cream oil body wash and vaseline intensive rescue moisture locking lotion and this is the first year i have itched or felt greased up by lotion.

Using the Aqua Glycolic cleanser as my shaving cream, applying Lac-Hydrin Five + aloe vera gel, and then applying baby oil gel has really helped my itchy legs. They would get so raw and even bleed (scratching in my sleep?); it was so nice to find something that finally worked.

I bought some extra strength gold bond lotion. I can usually tell immediatelly when I'm allergic to lotion. My hands begin to burn and itch right away. I didn't have any of that with this lotion... though I feel like I've just put icy-hot over my whole body :lol:. It's not a bad feeling, it's just odd. But if it gets rid of those raw, red places I'll take it!

i just bought some gold bond ultimate lotion with shea butter today for my hands. i have really dry skin and my hands crack and bleed during the winter. this stuff is really nice! it moisturizes well without being greasy or smelling medicinal.

I live in a VERY dry climate. Finding a moisturizer that actually works has been one of my life's missions for the past 10 years ever since I moved here.

Try AmLactin. You can feel the difference immediately when you apply it. It's like no other lotion I've ever used. Also, a little goes a long way, so you don't need to goop it on for it to help. You can even put it on your face as it doesn't clog pores. You can do a search on ebay to find it, and I also know they sell it at Costco. I'm not sure where else it's sold, but you can look around if you want.

Rosehip oil is also wonderful.

My husband has a patch of psoriasis on his back, and the AmLactin as well as the rosehip oil made it stop flaking.

My personal opinion is that any lotion you can buy at the local supermarket or Walmart is a POS. They moisturize your skin temporarily, but in the long run make it worse.

I hope this helped.

I have itchy skin all the time, but especially in the winter. The only thing that has prevented itch/irritation and healed up any red areas is Curel lotion. I love love love it.

that's wierd! Guess you're allergic to something in it. That's funny because my skin is so sensitive the surface of a smooth desk will irritate my arms but curel never has!

Yeah, I'm allergic to a lot of different lotions, especially smelly ones :( , they make the dermitis on my hands break out in little blistery spots. I swear eating spaghetti sauce does too :P

Wow, those are great ideas... and yeah, I do get eczema, but none of my derms can tell me much else other than "you just have sensitive skin."

I use Mango Butter for my legs and arms that suffer from exzema and it seems to work!! I use the brand SpaResource it can be found at Walmart it's about $6 for the big 200ml or $2 for the small one.

Dry, humid, summer or winter....I always have itchy legs. I am currently using Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion - with cooling menthol for extra dry, itchy skin. It is working well for me applied am and pm.

Winter is just nothing but dry skin and colds.

I love snow and the cold weather, but suffering for it sucks.

Try what everyone else said. Moisturize with good lotions and wear jeans.

Don't be a crazy and wear shorts. Them legs need protection.