Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S RAM

Has anyone been on 4 courses or more of Accutane?

My derm has told me she's had patients that were on 5. I don't think I've talked to anyone on this board that's been on that many. I'm hoping this is the last time I ever have to take the drug. Not because I can't handle the side effects but mainly due to the fact I realize it is a drug and the long term effects can't possibly be good for the body. I'm actually the type that hates to take any type of pills, including tylenol. But I'm obviously making an exception for accutane so acne doesn't ruin my life.

I did my first course when I was 17, my second course 22, and I'm now on my third course at 27. Accutane has not been a cure for me but it has put my acne in long term remission. So, I realize that if the third course is only a 3 or 4 year fix then it was worth it. But if it comes back I'm not sure if I want to do a 4th.

I've talked to a lot of people here that have done 3 or are currently on their 3rd course. Anyone with more and how are you feeling?

As long as your acne is coming back less severely after each subsequent dose of accutane and your blood work says your liver isnt dying then you should be fine. If however the severity of your acne has stayed the same after each course, i daresay you are fighting a losing battle and repeated courses of accutane arent going to fix the prob. There may be something else you could try.

As long as your acne is coming back less severely after each subsequent dose of accutane and your blood work says your liver isnt dying then you should be fine. If however the severity of your acne has stayed the same after each course, i daresay you are fighting a losing battle and repeated courses of accutane arent going to fix the prob. There may be something else you could try.

the acne has definitely been less severe each time it has come back.