Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tayrayuf

Lifting with Acne

I want to get back into lifting.. i used to be so cut and thick.. I thought my lifting contributed to my acne.. so I stopped.. I want to slowly get back on it.. what short of schedule do you think I should do? should I work out at Night right before I shower? Should I eat certain foods that can balance my hormones while im lifting.. because I notice my hormones go nuts after hard lifting. thanks.

lifiting makes u sweat and makes ur skin get oily therefore causing break outs..thast why i stop lifitng  =;

Yeah man,

Lifting or any kinda exercise is benefial for the treatment of acne...I've been noticing this for several years.......I dont realythink lifting is aggregating your ace...just wipe out your face with some tissue or cloth after exercise...and follow the regimen properly....

Thats it!

Hope this helps.

Amar Flora.

I want to get back into lifting.. i used to be so cut and thick.. I thought my lifting contributed to my acne.. so I stopped.. I want to slowly get back on it.. what short of schedule do you think I should do? should I work out at Night right before I shower? Should I eat certain foods that can balance my hormones while im lifting.. because I notice my hormones go nuts after hard lifting. thanks.

Guest Stu :-)
My adrenaline kicks in and afterwords I get random boners  :-s

This is my first time on a message board, but I had to find one today to tell you a story. My 16 year old has terrible acne. We tried everything...then one day I ran across a story....I knew if I did not try to try this new thing, that I would be faced on putting my son on accutane, something I am not at all sure I could do. ANY WAY, I want to scream the results of this NEW FIND. Late last year, the FDA approved a light therapy called Clearlight. I started to investigate and found a list of dermatologists who were trying it. We live so far in the country that the closet was 1 hr away, and the treatments were three times week for 15 minutes... I finally got one to tell me to buy the light on internet. FOR

$42.50 and shipping costs it is a miracle. IT IS A GE 150 WATT BLUE LIGHT BULB. A london doctor found that the wave lengths from the NON UV light (I STRESS NON UV) produces something that fight bacteria. IT IS A MIRACLE, after 3 days we could tell the difference. He plays his guitar or is on the computer, as the blue light shines on each side of his face for 15 minutes. CANNOT hurt your eyes, and I want to scream to the world that every one with inflammatory acne should use it. DO YOUR RESEARCH on the net, BLUE LIGHT THERAPY...FDA appoved. You will see the RED light offered, I am going to order it today... and by the way, my son still uses his TAZORAC each night and washes it off in morning....never uses soap never never never always CETAPHIL.....Please everyone get this going....CLEARLIGHT .....from accutane to HAPPINESS> Tell the dermatologists about it if it works for you...we need to help these teens out.........

lill, why don't u make a new topic and post this info back in the regime for everyone to read..

S

lill,  why don't u make a new topic and post this info back in the regime for everyone to read..

S

i cld of dun, i jus thought u wld of prefered too..

looks interesting tho ill giv u that

don't worry about it, when I have finished in the gym... I just make sure I shower straight after the work-out and get the BP on ASAP.

As for you boner..sorry mate can't help you there! lol biggrin.gif/

I lift and in no way do I think that it contributes or even aggrevates my acne.

The only type of excercise that gets ones testerone levels up are squats, which I don't do anyway.

As a percentage, more people with acne lift then people without because they feel dissatisfied with the way they look because of the acne.

Like many things, this would appear to vary from person to person. I've never come across any studies that link the two, but I will say that being more physically healthy overall is far more important than the few zits you might get from lifting. Plus, a great bod will do more for you in attracting the opposite sex at the gym than having a few extra zits in getting there.

I say, "Lift away!"

Nobody has perfect skin, and it's just silly to think that having the condition of acne comes from taking care of your body. Having acne is not conditional--you've either got it or you don't. Common sense in my opinion.

If you are worried about sweat getting all over your face...which i really don't think contributes to acne, wearing a head band would do good...it stops most sweat from dripping on your face. It's starnge though ever since I've started working out...I have been noticing more zits on my back. I don't knwo what's up with that.

first of all, i'm 15 and i weight about 165 lbs of muscle, BUT, i have a pretty bad case of acne on my back and shoulders so i cannot and will not take my shirt off...talk about shit... ](*,)

lets clear thing up...lifting DOES effect your tes and gh, in fact there is a study that shows that a rest between sets of 1 min makes yo' body produce more gh, and a rest of 2-3 min makes yo' body produce more tes.

***EDIT - i've read that when your body makes more of this hormons, it makes less coenzyme A so the body will less metabolite the fat in the skin, so it will come out as acne (read it in the b5 reaserch).

i lift like crazy and every time i come back home i breakout...

BUT, i feel alot better when i lift and i feel a lot better about my self, so its worth it...