Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
regulas

regulas' tane blog.

Hello there.

The backstory is basically i've had acne basically since I was 13.

Important Previous prescription medications:

Retin-A Micro

Ovace

Minocycline

Doxycycline

Differen Gel

Mino was the only thing that actually cleared me up completely, but about 3 months after I was done with it, the acne came back worse than ever! It currently looks like War of the Worlds just happened all over my face. I don't really have it on my chest or back or anything though.

Anyway, I was prescribed accutane on monday and took my first pill today at like 3:00. I plan to take the second sometime tonight.

Heres some sexy(frightening) pics.

And yes ladies, I have blue eyes ^___^

I was going to upload some others but I almost started crying from looking at them, its quite horrible, and I didnt shave and well, maybe if you guys beg enough I might. For now you'll just have to trust me that it looks pretty bad.

Soooo...

Day 1 December 13, 2007

Took 1st pill with lunch... that was like 4 hours ago, no side effects so far! Will take second pill tonight.

bye!

is anyone reading this? lol, whatever!

Day 2

Just took first pill of the day. Last night I think I started to feel some side effects. Pretty much immediately after I washed my face before bed (AND moisturized), it got realllly uncomfortably dry, I moisturized appropriately though. The sides of my lips also started cracking, aquaphor to the rescue.

Anyway I also think Accutane has already affected my ability to sleep, which is no good since I have pretty bad insomnia. I felt really tired but was basically unable to sleep because my back and joints didn't feel that great and there was this muscle in my back that kept twitching. ugh.

Anyway, I did eventually fall asleep but woke up after having a dream about meeting George Bush and his chiefs of staff and his family in the white house; in the dream, George offered HIS WIFE AND HIS DAUGHTERS to me as a welcoming gift to the white house. yeah...

...I woke up and COULD NOT go back to sleep. And my skin feels very very oily at the moment.

Anywho, if you guys promise to read this log you'll get to hear about my insane dreams, because I have A LOT of them every single night, although they usually involve violently murdering a huge group of people.

ok bye

edit: oh yes, forget to mention that im taking 40mg twice daily!

oh god of course, what did I do but type "keloid" into Google.......disturbing......mine are definitely NOT that bad haha.

by the way the exact same thing happened to me with minocycline....it wreaked havoc on my face.

but i can see we basically started around the same time, so i will def keep up with your log......btw that is a WEIRD dream haha.

I am reading! Good luck with everything! I have noticed a change in my sleeping patterns as well, though mine is the opposite, it makes me incredibly tired after I take it...

Off the topic question - is your name by any chance from Harry Potter? :)

Day 3

I cant remember what my dream last night was about. :(

My skin is starting to get dryer, especially around my mouth and chin area.

I actually feel quite sad and depressed today, but probably has more to do with my life sucking than it has to do with accutane

bye

Day 4

Last night I dreamt(is that a word?) that I was in a mall and the mall was like 400 stories tall. And I lost my wallet and kept trying to reach into my back pocket to find it, I guess thats like a metaphor or something. Anyway, at some point I walked into one of the stores and it was a real estate lawyers office run by Johnny Depp. There was a pizza on the counter and Johnny told me I could have it, so me and this random guy started eating it. All of a sudden the fat guy from Lost comes barreling down the hall and tries to kill us. So I fought him with my bare hands and eventually we somehow ended up in a pair of Kayaks...in a lake... in the middle of the mall... so I pushed his over and held it down until he drowned. Yeah I murdered the fat guy from lost.

man..

Anyway, I feel kind of lethargic, not really wanting to do anything. idk. better than yesterday though

byebye

Day 5

Acne is lame!

I had a dream that I actually had a girlfriend(WHOA) but she was this fat hispanic girl and she made me go to a Ricky Martin concert. Afterwards she demanded that she be able to clean my room because apparently it was dirty, and that was it.

Not really experiencing any side effects atm

i must say, those are some awesome dreams you have there. i get them all the time too. fun.

congrats on getting tane too and gl with your course. :)

Thanks for reading and responding! ^_^

Day 6

Last night I dreamed that I was a member of an 18th century fraternity, but when I walked outside the house, it was inside a Sears department store... yeah...

Not really feeling any side effects. Seems everyday I wake up with a few new whiteheads. They start to itch after a while and its really hard not to pick em off. Its like torture :( ugh why am I getting NEW acne :(

The left side of my face is almost looking presentable, but the right side looks like I was in some kind of house fire and got seriously burned. This is so depressing :(

Well, back to looking at my wall for entertainment. bye

Hi I just started the same day as you practically. I started saturday. And I must say, I've been having ODD dreams like you too. I'm not sure if its stress, or weed. I smoke weed occasionally so I'm not sure why I get this crazy dreams. Very random like yours as of lately.

Anyhow, I'm not really experiencing any side effects, besides tons of horrible rashes that itch like crazy, which I normally got. So who knows, plus what sucks is a lot of the side effects of this medication I already have. Like depression, weight problems, and all that crap. Mainly because of a guy in my life, very manipulative, but before starting this medication I left him. I just hope I stick to that.

Good luck, i'll be reading your blog, I have one also if you'd like to read it. Maybe we can be blog buddies on our accutane journey.

GOOD luck...

Hi I just started the same day as you practically. I started saturday. And I must say, I've been having ODD dreams like you too. I'm not sure if its stress, or weed. I smoke weed occasionally so I'm not sure why I get this crazy dreams. Very random like yours as of lately.

Anyhow, I'm not really experiencing any side effects, besides tons of horrible rashes that itch like crazy, which I normally got. So who knows, plus what sucks is a lot of the side effects of this medication I already have. Like depression, weight problems, and all that crap. Mainly because of a guy in my life, very manipulative, but before starting this medication I left him. I just hope I stick to that.

Good luck, i'll be reading your blog, I have one also if you'd like to read it. Maybe we can be blog buddies on our accutane journey.

GOOD luck...

Okay blog buddy ^_^

I take melatonin to help me sleep and thats mainly what gives me pretty vivid dreams. I'm not sure what weed's effect on the sleeping part of the brain(thalamus?) but i wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with it.

Day 7

No side effects. I do feel pretty depressed but thats kind of a day to day thing and doesnt really have anything to do with accutane.

bye

Day 8

Started feeling the chest pain last night and when I got up this morning. Its just a tremendous aching in my ribs and collar bone area, it happens when I get up from sitting/laying down for a while.

Had a dream last night that I kept trying to get this girl(that I knew from high school and had a HUGE crush on) to talk to me, but all she did was ignore me; bleh.

I dont feel so good :(

Day 9

Didn't sleep at all last night :(

Skin is getting a little dry. Ribs are a bit achy. I seem to be getting some new cysts also :(

My face is realllllly itchy, its very annoying.

Sigh, another sad day

awwww...no crazy dreams i guess. :(

nope :(

Day 10

Lips are cracking and stuff. I feel really weak, maybe i'm dying.

Ugh, i'm still getting NEW whiteheads. *blows brains all over ceiling*

Day 11

Lips are coming off. Skin is very itchy, especially my scalp and back. Depressed.

Dont feel so hot

bye

edit: been listening to this all day

come on bro, do cheer up. you're on accutane now. :)

hehe, thanks, but its not that easy when sitting and staring at a wall is funnest thing I can do.

Day 12

I had a dream last night that I was in some kind of offroad running(yes offroad running, as in, running across a fucking mountain) team at my university. And everyone in the club was asian except me. Anyway, after running all over this giant mountain thats apparently now in the middle of Florida, we were all sweaty so we went to wash up and change in this bathroom/shower place.

When we got to the bathroom, everyone starts changing and stuff, but theres this one kid in there that wasnt on the team. The dude drops his pants, takes aim, and starts peeing on everybody. I was so infuriated that I slipped into another form of conciousness where Chuck Norris and Goku taught me that my only option was to murder this guy with my bare hands.

So I slammed my foot into this guy's crotch as hard as I could, grabbed him by the neck and started digging his eyes out with my keys, all the while yelling the phrase "IN AMERICA YOU DONT PEE ON OTHER MEN IN THE FUCKING BATHROOM"

The dream ended when I got a call from my mom IRL.

Anyway...

side effects so far: getting some ugly joint pain, ribs still hurt, still depressed, some minor headaches, lips are falling off and cracking a bit, skin and scalp are very itchy.

I had a dream last night that me and my roommate went to a Metallica concert at my school's arena, but when we got there, the band wasn't actually playing any songs; what they were doing was holding a Metallica trivia contest, which I dominated and won the drummer's wife as a prize.

Day 13-14

Christmas sucks. All my family does is fight and argue. I hate them.

The quote of the year from my dad "Its not worth getting so upset over a bunch of little bumps on your face, mine stopped when I was 25!"

Acne does look a little better and I think my IB has stopped. My back, ribs and joints ache quite a bit, my muscles also hurt a little, and im getting frequent headaches.

I had a dream last night that me and my roommate went to a Metallica concert at my school's arena, but when we got there, the band wasn't actually playing any songs; what they were doing was holding a Metallica trivia contest, which I dominated and won the drummer's wife as a prize.

Day 13-14

Christmas sucks. All my family does is fight and argue. I hate them.

The quote of the year from my dad "Its not worth getting so upset over a bunch of little bumps on your face, mine stopped when I was 25!"

Acne does look a little better and I think my IB has stopped. My back, ribs and joints ache quite a bit, my muscles also hurt a little, and im getting frequent headaches.

I had a dream I was like living in a hamster cage with tunnels to crawl places, and one room I crawled into, was filled with asian school children yelling at me in chinese. LOL. I think I'm on the same level with you, with the dreams HAHA.

Hey im sorry your christmas sucked :( Mine was bad too. I'm sure your dad cares about you, he probably just wants to see you happy, thats not the best way of hoping you are happy /=. My mom thought i was doing crack, because my acne is so bad. Kind of hurt knowing she felt that way, anywho, I hope your week goes better than it did on christmas. Life goes on, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Post some new photos!

I read your log!

Anyways - wow, just within the past 2 weeks your skin has cleared up! Nice!

Keep going with it. I'm sure all these sideeffects are well worth it (at least it would be for me.)

I read your log!

Anyways - wow, just within the past 2 weeks your skin has cleared up! Nice!

Keep going with it. I'm sure all these sideeffects are well worth it (at least it would be for me.)

hehe i dont think youd say that if you saw it up close! but yeah it looks a little better.

damnn dude, you are funny as shit! im still laughing from reading your blog...i will def keep reading it! it really does look like you're improving though!!! keep your spirits up man and try to be more positive...like i tell EVERYONE else, it works! i just started accutane 10 days ago, so far so good and im sure its only going to keep getting better! good luck man!