Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BobDilbert.

Cost of blood tests?

Well I got prescribed Accutane today I am really excited and I''m hoping it will work. Though I heard you need to take blood tests every month, and that they are pricey. So how much are each blood test aproximately? I don't like costing my parents so much money, especially because accutane is so expensive to start with.

reply please!

thanks,

j

You live in Canada? Aren't those covered? My blood tests are, my doctor just told me I need a health card...

It might be because I'm a status aboriginal? I never looked into any of that stuff.

if you life in canada its free. walk into a lab and get it done. it takes 5 min. you just need a thing from your derm that you need one.

you dont need insurance at all in canada for that. they just wont give you a blood test unless you have a little note thing from your doctor which your derm would give you stating that you need a blood test. If they gave blood tests without a little note from a doctor ultra paranoid health freaks would go get a blood test every 5 min lol

hey everyone, Would it be the same in australia? As we all have a medicare card ( everyone that is an australia citizen has one) Also some people who get social security or welfare also get an additional Health care Card. Would it be free in australia too? Thanks for answering my question. Much Appreciated.

I have insurance and I pay just the doctor copay. I pay $45 a month to be seem and get blood work and a pregnancy test done by my dermatologist. And my Accutane costs $4 a month. I am on a generic and always get my prescription filled at walmart. I guess I'm pretty lucky, I've seen people say they spend $500 a month for Accutane, but I'm guessing that's brand name.

I have insurance and I pay just the doctor copay. I pay $45 a month to be seem and get blood work and a pregnancy test done by my dermatologist. And my Accutane costs $4 a month. I am on a generic and always get my prescription filled at walmart. I guess I'm pretty lucky, I've seen people say they spend $500 a month for Accutane, but I'm guessing that's brand name.

But why dont you have insurance?

For a couple hundred a month vs. a grand a month! Its WORTH IT to get health insurance! My derm will not prescribe Accutane unless the patient has insurance.

I pay $151 a month for insurance, so its only $30 for a derm appointment, $10 for a month supply of my Accutane, and absolutely nothing for bloodwork.

Get yourself some insurance!!!