Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkayx3

Yasmin

im starting yasmin this week..any whose tried it, how was your experience with it? with acne, spotting, breast size, anything else? how long did it take until you saw any results?

I was on it one year and it cleared me right up and my periods became regular again. I decided to stop it. A year later, my acne came back so I decided to try it again. The second time it made my acne worse, moderate acne, cystic pimples. After six months, I decided to go off the pill. My periods were just as heavy, there was no spotting, and the first time I went on the pill, my breasts did increase a full size

I've been on many pills. The Yasmin gave me cystic breakouts right before my period, but the rest of the month my skin was ok (except that it would take 2-3 weeks for the cyst to go away). I ended up switching to a different pill because the Yasmin also gave me a yeast infection every month a week before my period. The hormones in this pill just didn't agree with me.

i was on yaz for about one year. it cleared me up pretty well. my breasts got HUGE while i was on it...i think i went up one whole cup size. it regulated my periods and they only lasted about 3-4 days with light flow. i decided to go off of it because i no longer needed bc and my skin went crazy. i broke out very badly. overall i thought it was okay but just be extremely careful if you decide to stop using it because it can definitely effect your skin.

I was on and I am still on it. Probably around a year now. I have wonderful skin. Maybe just the occasional zit, but hey, don't we all get them?

So gone are those sick uncoverable zits that HURT and LOOK terrible. I am wash and go now. Just use some foundation to even out redness. Oil is minimal. I only need to powder my face once a day as compared to 3 times a day.

I think Yasmin did make me put on a bit of weight and did make my breast size go up. But I find these easier to live with than cystic acne. And it does it's primary function perfectly (birth control).

I tried Mercilon because it had lower dose and it really wrecked me. So I went to Yasmin and it's all good.

I'm a happy user.

Well, I'm on the 5th month going to 6th soon, and I still can't say for sure if it's working or not. I think it does as I have lots of clear days in between spots. I do get the occasional outbreak though every now and then. So, I will only be happy when I completely stop getting spots, which is not the case yet.