Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-ophelia-

Getting worse everyday

I'ven been reading these forums for over a year now. Feeling extremely depressed at the moment and my skin isn't helping matters at all. I usually wear quite a bit of makeup but have attached a photo of my skin without makeup. I don't really know how bad my acne is but I got prescribed some Erythromycin (solution) which I have just started using today and also I've been put back on Dianette (don't know why they took my off it in the first place) Not alot seems to work to be honest. I try and eat a good diet but at the moment I'm feeling so unhappy I'm eating rubbish. Would you guys say my acne is moderate? Has anyone tried Erythromycin? Just feeling so so down :( I can hardly get out of bed in the morning at the moment and having to get up and apply my makeup is so stressful! I have no confidence and I just feel totally horrible.

post-66591-1197492991_thumb.jpg

post-66591-1197492991_thumb.jpg

I'd say your acne was moderate, it's certainly concentrated in one area and the rest of your skin looks fine. I've heard acne around the chin/jawline/mouth is often hormone related so maybe it's just a phase? Keep trying to be optimistic! Eaiser said than done I know, just whack some of your favourite tunes on and have a bit of faith in your new meds, you never know they might just work.

Thanks for the reply :) Yeah it's always around my chin, mouth and jawline. I get some breakouts in other areas on my face but rarely as bad as on the lower half of my face. Fingers crossed this new stuff will work. I think it's related to stress as well as I'm so unhappy and really stressed out just now and the worse it gets the more I stress about it and everything else seems a hundred times worse!

I realise now I should've posted this in the mild to moderate acne forum. My skin is very sore today, I've been using the Erythromycin for 2 days now. It's quite painful when I first apply it but it says that should go away. Anyone else tried Erythromycin? I'm considering buying some apple cider vinegar and trying to drink that as well.

post-66591-1197581177_thumb.jpg

post-66591-1197581177_thumb.jpg

how old are you? i think that you should take care of your acne right now and avoid it to spread . donot eat rubbish and dont use too much make up . try to control the acne to avoid scaring.i also used to get pimples there(jaw) in my teens but at that time i didnt care :rolleyes: i wished i could have controlled it earlier to avoid scarring. but remember dont stress out .

I'm 19. I think one of the main things that has made my skin worse is that I study at a make-up school so I'm constantly having make-up put on and taken off. At the moment I'm feeling very down and I'm not going in, so I'm at home and not putting any make-up on. All I'm doing just now is washing my face and applying the anti-biotic lotion. I don't really know what I should be eating. I'm staying with relatives at the moment so it's hard to pick my own food. I'm a vegetarian but I'm eating quite a lot of dairy just now. I don't have much of an appetite but when I'm feeling unhappy all I want to eat is junk food. I take a multi vitamin but that's it. I feel so bad because I used to be so healthy, I seem to have lost all motivation.

Your acne seems to be like my daughter, hers is also concentrated round her chin. She has just started on her third course of accutane. Pl can you tell me how do you manage to put make up when your skin is so sore and the spots are pusy? Won't make up aggravate the spots? Do you have any tips how to cope with the painful spots? They are driving daughter crazy, the pain & the initial breakouts. Like you, she worries a lot and I am wonder whether it is not stress related but she is not young at 31. Thanks

To be honest, even with make-up on it looks awful! The make-up I use doesn't seem to aggrevate it too much, but it's obviously better to wear none. I tried using bare minerals makeup and that seemed to make my skin worse and rather than conceal my spots, it seemed to accentuate them! I usually take ibuprofen which seems to help a bit with the pain and also as it's anti-inflammatary, it's supposed to bring down swelling so maybe that's something to try if she hasn't already. I don't have a lot of tips to be honest. I used an aspirin mask last night which seemed to help a little, my acne is certainly less angry today! I've also heard that putting an ice pack on the skin can help with the pain and swelling too. Do you think my skin is bad enough to be put on accutane? The thing is, strangely, my skin isn't particularly oily, it's more dry.

I dont think its bad enough to warrant accutane but then I'm not a derm and apparantly they vary a lot in their leaniancy to prescribe it. If you ask your doctor or derm they may take steps to try and get you on it if thats what you really want, it's a big drug though - not like antibiotics and I advise some research around it first.

I've never heard of erythro topical, it might help reduce your acne but I would consider trying to avoid the constant reapplication of make up, it can only be aggrivating things I suppose. But then if your at make up college I imagine thats quite a difficult thing to avoid. All I will say is dont let it drag you into a hole, and dont miss classes because of it whatever you do, I've been there and it will do you no favours! Keep on keepin' on. :)

I realise now I should've posted this in the mild to moderate acne forum. My skin is very sore today, I've been using the Erythromycin for 2 days now. It's quite painful when I first apply it but it says that should go away. Anyone else tried Erythromycin? I'm considering buying some apple cider vinegar and trying to drink that as well.

hey, I also get acne all around my mouth. I was once prescribed Erythomycin aswell, it is a topical antibiotic from what I know; so it will work to kill the bacteria. Don't worry about it, mine is worse then yours (not an exagheration) but I still try to enjoy life and not let it get in my way. Usually for moderate and severe acne the doctors will prescribe Accutane after a few topicals or antibiotics fail. That was my case.

Good luck and be optimistic

To be honest, even with make-up on it looks awful! The make-up I use doesn't seem to aggrevate it too much, but it's obviously better to wear none. I tried using bare minerals makeup and that seemed to make my skin worse and rather than conceal my spots, it seemed to accentuate them! I usually take ibuprofen which seems to help a bit with the pain and also as it's anti-inflammatary, it's supposed to bring down swelling so maybe that's something to try if she hasn't already. I don't have a lot of tips to be honest. I used an aspirin mask last night which seemed to help a little, my acne is certainly less angry today! I've also heard that putting an ice pack on the skin can help with the pain and swelling too. Do you think my skin is bad enough to be put on accutane? The thing is, strangely, my skin isn't particularly oily, it's more dry.

The second pick looks like cystic acne to me, you should really consider accutane if other stuff hasn't worked, I'm sure you would get it.

I also get acne mostly on my chin and above my lip. If it is any consolation, your lips are perfect! I wish mine looked like as they are very thin.

I also get acne mostly on my chin and above my lip. If it is any consolation, your lips are perfect! I wish mine looked like as they are very thin.

Have you tried Acneyoda.com, it gives you insights into your acne condition. Packed full of knowledge. Im not pitching here but the more I know about acne the more I feel in control.

It helped me thanks to god, it may help you.

Aww thankyou :) They do look quite dry in that picture! I'm sure yours aren't as thin as you think. Try some highlighter on your cupids bow and in the centre of you lips if you wear make-up!

Also, thanks potterhead, I'll see whether I can get any of that mineral make-up.

Also, does anyone know, should I be using BP with the anti-biotic lotion? I'm guessing the lotion only prevents future breakouts and doesn't treat existing acne.

my acne is just like yours, leaving bp on my face really made my face red and didnt control the acne well enough to make it worth it, right now im just using a wash twice a day and not putting anything on my face. its working alot better for me

Do you only get acne like that around the chin and mouth area? I've been reading up about hormonal acne here and it sounds as though outbreaks concentrated around the chin and mouth could be due to a hormonal imbalance. If the acne is hormonal then anything topical isn't going to be as beneficial as sorting out the imbalance internally. As someone else said, your skin looks a bit cystic in a couple of areas and I personally think it's best to nip the problem in the bud and see a doctor as soon as possible, especially since it looks quite sore. Have you seen your doctor about this yet and have you considered trying the pill? Yasmin, Diane 35/Dianette and Spiro are a few which are designed to treat acne and could help you.

Oh and you're doing the right thing by not applying makeup, things like liquid foundation can be awful at clogging up pores. If your acne is affecting your life to the point that you're reluctant to go about your normal life then I do really think it's a good idea to see a doctor/dermatologist.

im a 21 year old female and i get the same type of acne in the same places. Depending on how long your acne has persisted, I think your doctor would perscribe accutane if they deem it "chronic" (persisted throughout the years etc). I am going to start accutane next week.

dis hasnt been commented on for ages,

but my acne is EXACTLY EXACTLY like yours,

really glad if its hormonal so it wont last, :)

yay for wen im olda hve clear skin (hopefulz) and look back thinking wat a dum bastard:P:P

:)

dat doesnt really help da acne...

but hey,

Consider allergies. I get cysts in those areas and they turned out to be allergic reactions to citrus.

It is not necessarily 'hormonal acne.'

BTW, almost all acne is hormone related. Exceptions are things like breakouts from allergies and clogged pores from topicals or pollutants.