Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GorilaSnot

Are you FLAWLESS?

For those of you who have completed Accutane courses.

Aside from being pimple free, would you say your skin is flawless/perfect or close to it? Have old scars improved and have red spots faded? Is the overall "texture" improved.

well, pretty much. i didn't have any scarring from acne, and i don't have so much as a blackhead. though i do know one person who took accutane, and her skin still looks pretty bad because she has a lot of redness and scarring from the old acne.

JR86 You said you don't have any blackheads now Did you have blackheads before Tane

Did anyone have a real problem with blackheads and enlarged pores from blackheads before Tane that has really cleared up into "perfect" clear smooth skin.

I went on it to clear my pores, blackheads and hopefully skrink my enlarged pores on my sides of my nose, cheeks and chin. Did anyone experience these totally being wiped out or significantly being reduced by Accutane. My pores are blackhead free now but will the damn pores close up and smooth out Pleeeeeeease I hope

Thanks for your input!!!!!

thats how mine is......but no bumps

i did have some blackheads, not too bad though. and during the initial weeks of treatment with accutane, i had strawberry skin because all the blackheads (even the ones i couldn't see before) were being pushed out and made the texture of my skin feel very rough and bumpy, like a strawberry. after about 3 weeks all the blackheads were gone.

the pores do close up and smooth out after a while. my skin now is really virtually perfect. matte , pores look good, no acne, no marks.

i did have some blackheads, not too bad though. and during the initial weeks of treatment with accutane, i had strawberry skin because all the blackheads (even the ones i couldn't see before) were being pushed out and made the texture of my skin feel very rough and bumpy, like a strawberry. after about 3 weeks all the blackheads were gone.

the pores do close up and smooth out after a while. my skin now is really virtually perfect. matte , pores look good, no acne, no marks.

Good for you, but in reality, most people won't have their acne "fully" cured.

Before acne i was getting huge cysts, but that stopped, during and after my accutane cycle. Accutane, if you have areas of very mild acne, should completely clear that certain area.

However for the area of your pre-cystic acne that produced scars blackheads it probably wont "fully" cure that area, although it will prevent your cystic acne from coming back. After your cystic acne is gone you can move to the next step to remove blackheads/whiteheads through topicals and eventually/hopefully your severe acne,after all this crap, will be cleared requiring just cleansers and s/screens to keep it from ever coming back!

Well im no expert but thats my experience. I finished my accutane course and am 2 months post isotane, am now on the topical stage en route to exterminating these acne.