Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stobing

I am living proof...

So I would just like to post up here my experience with my acne and the different factors that affect it. My dad had severe acne, my brother had severe acne (until accutane), and guess whos next in line? Im a cook for a living and I have worked at a few different restaurants. My last job was working at a place called Mixt Greens, and we sold organic, locally grown salads and sandwiches. For 9 months the only thing I ate (because it was free to eat there and bring home) was salad. Fresh, organic produce, naturally raised meat, and everything was made from scratch. I had SEVERE acne beforehand, starting working there and within two months my acne was completely gone. Maybe a spot a week tops. I thought I was done with acne, all over with. I threw out my products and washed my face with cetaphil and that was all I needed. I quit that job about 4 months ago and my acne has been raging worse than ever. Ive been eating as healthily as possible, even at my new job which still serves fairly healthy stuff, but nothing compares to that diet I was on. Fresh organic produce, naturally raised meat, and fresh baked bread every day. Im currently sporting 14 cysts, a couple papules and at least 25 blackheads. Let this be a lesson, diet is everything.

So I would just like to post up here my experience with my acne and the different factors that affect it. My dad had severe acne, my brother had severe acne (until accutane), and guess whos next in line? Im a cook for a living and I have worked at a few different restaurants. My last job was working at a place called Mixt Greens, and we sold organic, locally grown salads and sandwiches. For 9 months the only thing I ate (because it was free to eat there and bring home) was salad. Fresh, organic produce, naturally raised meat, and everything was made from scratch. I had SEVERE acne beforehand, starting working there and within two months my acne was completely gone. Maybe a spot a week tops. I thought I was done with acne, all over with. I threw out my products and washed my face with cetaphil and that was all I needed. I quit that job about 4 months ago and my acne has been raging worse than ever. Ive been eating as healthily as possible, even at my new job which still serves fairly healthy stuff, but nothing compares to that diet I was on. Fresh organic produce, naturally raised meat, and fresh baked bread every day. Im currently sporting 14 cysts, a couple papules and at least 25 blackheads. Let this be a lesson, diet is everything.

I wish I knew where to get organic vegetables around my area. I eat plenty of vegetables and wouldn't be surprised if the crap quality ones i currently eat (and the chemicals in them) are causing acne.

I have been on a diet of mostly organic foods for almost 4 years. My biggest concern (for acne) is the growth hormones given to animals that end up in your dairy products and in your meat. My diet unfortunately didn't completely clear my acne (thank goodness for Spiro!) but it helped and has improved many other health issues and concerns for me.

The downside to eating organic is the cost but in the long run I will offset the cost by spending less on OTC and prescription meds and trips to the doctor and reduce the risk of developing certain diseases and cancer.

It's experiences like these that make me amazed that doctors everywhere are telling people that acne has nothing to do with diet. :angry:

It doesn't have anything to do with diet if you are treating topically. If you wash, tone, and glob on some bp, you won't really have to worry about what you eat (my experience with proactive which worked perfectly).

Just what you wear so you don't stain it.