Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bruin74

You guys don't waste your money, Nature has the cure already, it's vitamin C and weak Acid....read on

Semolina

Sometimes it can take a month to heal. So maybe you are in your healing process. It can look worse before it gets better for some people. Are u taking vitamin c 1000 mg i nthe morning and 1000 mg at night?

Yeah poking too hard can make the scar worse. Maybe u should let it heal and put some

oil of olay regenerest serum. NotsoScarredforever used it and it worked for him. He says it can take a month to heal . So maybe u should just leave it alone now and put that serum mornign and night. I know some of mine is a little more leveled and not worse. The first 2 weeks some looked darker but it's somewhat better now. I also get 7 -8 hours of sleep every night , i take a multivitamin everyday, i try to eat well and get a little bit of exercise.

And i'm taking vitamin C 1000 to 2000 mg . These days i've cut down cause i'm trying to conceive.

I know some of my deeper ones looked more indented but as days went by it went back to normal and maybe even 10% better but not worse.

When u tried this for 3 weeks, did yours scab and frost? What exactly was your process?

fao blythe- that's very interesting- thank you for sharing that. i'm sorry it didn't work out for you either.

hi maria- i do hope i am still in a healing process. i don't mind so much not seeing results- it's just that i've worsened things before on my own and wouldn't want to have done that again. i am indeed taking 1,000 c twice daily. i've continued that. i'm glad to hear yours returned to normal after the slight deepening effect. thank you for letting me know. :) when i tried it, i did not actually have frosting, with the exception of one or two. i was, in my mind, rather aggressive and was trying for that but it never remotely resembled the frosting i got with tca, for example. my process was to spot treat multiple times per evening, once the previous application had dried. i did not skip days. i'm not sure that's too helpful but i hope you're finding some good results.

Semolina

Sometimes it can take a month to heal. So maybe you are in your healing process. It can look worse before it gets better for some people. Are u taking vitamin c 1000 mg i nthe morning and 1000 mg at night?

Yeah poking too hard can make the scar worse. Maybe u should let it heal and put some

oil of olay regenerest serum. NotsoScarredforever used it and it worked for him. He says it can take a month to heal . So maybe u should just leave it alone now and put that serum mornign and night. I know some of mine is a little more leveled and not worse. The first 2 weeks some looked darker but it's somewhat better now. I also get 7 -8 hours of sleep every night , i take a multivitamin everyday, i try to eat well and get a little bit of exercise.

And i'm taking vitamin C 1000 to 2000 mg . These days i've cut down cause i'm trying to conceive.

I know some of my deeper ones looked more indented but as days went by it went back to normal and maybe even 10% better but not worse.

When u tried this for 3 weeks, did yours scab and frost? What exactly was your process?

fao blythe- that's very interesting- thank you for sharing that. i'm sorry it didn't work out for you either.

hi maria- i do hope i am still in a healing process. i don't mind so much not seeing results- it's just that i've worsened things before on my own and wouldn't want to have done that again. i am indeed taking 1,000 c twice daily. i've continued that. i'm glad to hear yours returned to normal after the slight deepening effect. thank you for letting me know. :) when i tried it, i did not actually have frosting, with the exception of one or two. i was, in my mind, rather aggressive and was trying for that but it never remotely resembled the frosting i got with tca, for example. my process was to spot treat multiple times per evening, once the previous application had dried. i did not skip days. i'm not sure that's too helpful but i hope you're finding some good results.

Semolina

Some people have gotten good results from this method of letting it dry and then reapplying.

I on the other hand applied it a different way. I kept applying the acv over and over again without waiting for it dry. Mine did frost. It doesn't need to frost according to bruin/ not so scarred. My results are about 10%-15% better. The deeper scars had little change. Right now i'm just applying a 3 part water and 1 part acv as a toner. I told a friend of mine about this 3 part water and 1 part acv method and she's been doing this for 2 months now. Her scars look better , more leveled. It's a less aggresive, slower and a safer approach. Her results are pretty decent. Her skin looks more even and the scars look less noticable. Maybe u should try that after u heal. Yeah remember to let your skin heal after being so aggressive. It probably does look worse now. It's like burning your skin off over and over again with a weak acid and it needs to build new collagen. And maybe put some oil of olay regenerist serum.

How long did u do this method before u took a break?

On a couple of my scars, i've started applying undiluted acv with a q-tip and reapplying every 5 minutes 10 rounds. just to see what happens. I put the acv in the cap of the acv bottle and take it with me on the bed with a q tip and a compact mirror. i apply it every 5 minutes while reading a good book or watching tv. This way i don't have to run back and forth. Tiring :D

Karli how much weight did u lose running back and forth. :razz:

It's been 3 days now. At first , the scars look plumped up then they got red. The next morning it's back to normal. It's too early to tell for me. I have to test it out before i apply to my other scars. Everyone's skin is different.

Good luck

Hopefully all turns out ok for u Semolina. :razz:

Karli how much weight did u lose running back and forth. :razz:

HA HA...that's funny! :D Thank goodness for being able to pause live TV, right? Although my husband thought stopping the show so I could apply vinegar every 5 minutes got a little old!

Hmmm....I don't really know what to think about my results. My face looks a little better, though not as good as I originally thought. The weird thing is...i FEEL better about it. My scars were literally invisible for nearly a month. That's what I don't understand. If it was swelling, I don't know why it lasted that long. Plus, like I mentioned before, no redness, no irritation, no scabbing. Weird! But my face certainly does not look worse than before I started. It looks better, just not like it did for awhile there.

One thing this whole ACV experience has motivated me to do however, is see my dermotologist and be a little more proactive about it. It's just a little hard since we're trying to conceive. (As you know). There's a lot you can't do to your skin. Just seeing my face looking nearly perfect was like WOW!! I'm going to do something about it.

I stopped applying the ACV for awhile because we're leaving for vacation next week. I wanted to leave it alone for awhile.

Best wishes to you Maria!

~Karli

How long has it been since u stopped the acv method Karli?

I like this 3 part water 1 part acv. It makes my scars softer and the makeup looks smoother over it. Before the acv method, even with makeup the indents were noticable. Now it's less noticable. So that's kind of proof that the acv is helping.

So basically with this method, my scars went from looking really good because of the puffiness, then to somewhat worse and after about a month of healing, the results are showing as 10 to 15% better. Maybe after a few months i'll see even better results. I guess it needs time to build collagen. I hope :pray:

For those of u who are ifffy about the undiluted acv method, try applying with a cotton ball as a toner morning and night 3 part water and 1 part acv for a few months along with taking vitamin C 2000 mg or 1 teaspoon of lemon with a glass of water 8 glasses each day. I see results on my friend.

I know it sucks that we can't do much to our skin while trying to get pregnant. i wish i had done this before.

Anyhow

i hope all goes well for all of us. There's a reason for everything.

Have a good vacation karli. Dont forget to wear sunblock .

Hi, I live outside US so I just want to ask what is this ACV? I am pretty sure that you can find it somewhere here but, what kind of store should I go into?

thanks.

Hi, I live outside US so I just want to ask what is this ACV? I am pretty sure that you can find it somewhere here but, what kind of store should I go into?

thanks.

acv is short for Apple cider vinegar. It costs about $2 dollars. You can get it at any supermarket. Make sure it's not expired.

Wow, i went shopping today and i had a little makeup on. I wear mineral makeup Bare essentials which i find to be great. I hardly breakout with mineral make up. So anyway, before this acv method, i would avoid looking at my face in the mirror while trying on clothes. But today, my skin looked great. More even, my linear scar hardly showed. My linear scar is 2 scars together. They just looked like pores today. Usually, i would come home all depressed but today, my face looked great. I was so happy!!

I also talked to my friend about her method. She uses 2 part water 1 part apple cider as a toner morning and night . Her skin looked great. She also takes omega-3 tablets for her acne which helped her acne tremendously. She says when she gets a pimple once in awhile, her acv method clears it up. Usually her pimples would turn into big cysts but now with acv method and the omega-3 tablet , the omega-3 wouldn't allow it to get inflamed.

She's really happy with this method.

Ok that's it for now. i thought i should share some good news with u guys.

Don't give up guys. Sometimes it can get worse before it gets better. If you doubt this method, Do the 2 part water and 1 part apple cider and take 2 vitamin c everyday. It's safer than undiluted apple cider. Change your diet. Try to eat healthy. Veggies, more fruits and drink water.

Hey Maria~

I'm so happy for you...just feeling better about your face makes all the difference!! That's awesome that you're feeling positive! :dance: I stopped applying the ACV, maybe a week and a half to 2 weeks ago. (I think). I wanted to leave my face totally alone before our trip. Of course, that didn't happen. I had a TCA accident, and a microdermabrasion accident. I'm such an idiot!! I mean, I'm 33.....you'd think I'd get it by now. Fortunately, both accidents are much better and hardly noticable, but it was such a dumb thing to do! :redface:

Anyway, after we get back, I'm going to try your ACV as a toner method. I tried it before and didn't see any results, but I think I gave up too soon. Then I started applying the ACV right onto the scars, and went forward with that method. I'm sure you've read Maya's huge ACV thread......seems like lots of people get good results. I'm going to try again.

How long did it take for you to see results with the toner method?

Well, that's all from here. I'll be back in a week.

Take care, and I'm happy you're feeling good about your face!

~Karli

I know everyone is applying acv several times a night, but how many nights straight?

Well u can apply undiluted acv 5 to 10 times per scar each night with a q tip for about 2 weeks or until it starts stinging. Then u let it heal for about a month while takign vitamin c 2000 mg total per day. It can take up to 3 months for new collagen to grow. Maybe apply sunscreen and serum to help the collagen grow like oil of olay regenerist serum.

It can look worse at first before it starts looking better.

I got maybe 10 to 15 % better results so far. 1 month +1 week in healing so far.

Hey Maria~

I'm so happy for you...just feeling better about your face makes all the difference!! That's awesome that you're feeling positive! :dance: I stopped applying the ACV, maybe a week and a half to 2 weeks ago. (I think). I wanted to leave my face totally alone before our trip. Of course, that didn't happen. I had a TCA accident, and a microdermabrasion accident. I'm such an idiot!! I mean, I'm 33.....you'd think I'd get it by now. Fortunately, both accidents are much better and hardly noticable, but it was such a dumb thing to do! :redface:

Anyway, after we get back, I'm going to try your ACV as a toner method. I tried it before and didn't see any results, but I think I gave up too soon. Then I started applying the ACV right onto the scars, and went forward with that method. I'm sure you've read Maya's huge ACV thread......seems like lots of people get good results. I'm going to try again.

How long did it take for you to see results with the toner method?

Well, that's all from here. I'll be back in a week.

Take care, and I'm happy you're feeling good about your face!

~Karli

Hi karli

Sorry to hear about your accidents. How did it happen?

Well the toner worked for my friend . She's been on it for 2 months now. i just started the maya method since i was waiting for my face to heal from the undiluted acv method. I thought this was the safest method 2 part water and 1 part acv with a cotton balls mornign and night as a toner. i saw my friend's face, it looked great. I think it works best for rolling scars and shallow scars but maybe over time, it can even work for deeper scars. For this linear scar, i just did the bruin method and so far it looks good.

The karli method, since it worked great for u i am testing on a couple of scars for about 5 days now. i'd like to compare and contrast all the methods.

bruin method/ karli method / maya method. lol

i'll post my results.

good luck to u too on your healing.

I totally believe in the vitamin c thing. It can help speed up wound healing and some doctors give it in high doses after surgery for this reason. I once heard Dr. Dean Edell say you just "pee the rest of the vitamin c" out after you take the RDA but I don't believe it, even if he is a well respected doctor. If I cut myself and take large doses of it (like 6000 mg) the cut will heal much, must faster than if I didn't take anything or took a low doseage. Either i can believe a doctor who's read a zillion books or I can believe what I actually see in the mirror!

Also, anti-oxidants like pycnogenol can help rebuild collagen (as does vitamin C) but at a much faster rate.

Thanks for this post, Bruin74, it's really interesting!

I totally believe in the vitamin c thing. It can help speed up wound healing and some doctors give it in high doses after surgery for this reason. I once heard Dr. Dean Edell say you just "pee the rest of the vitamin c" out after you take the RDA but I don't believe it, even if he is a well respected doctor. If I cut myself and take large doses of it (like 6000 mg) the cut will heal much, must faster than if I didn't take anything or took a low doseage. Either i can believe a doctor who's read a zillion books or I can believe what I actually see in the mirror!

Also, anti-oxidants like pycnogenol can help rebuild collagen (as does vitamin C) but at a much faster rate.

Thanks for this post, Bruin74, it's really interesting!

it's true. vitamin c is water soluble. most of them are (the B vits too). your body absorbs so much, then you piss the rest out.

the fat soluble vitaminz are A,D,E,K. you don't piss those out (that's why some people get reactionz to overdosing on vit. A)

So is this method for real? Some people were saying that the ACV was just causing swelling and not real results. Is anyone seeing improvement?

so is this useful to all types of acne scar including smallish ice picks?

With ice pic scars, it may take longer to see improvements.

So is this method for real? Some people were saying that the ACV was just causing swelling and not real results. Is anyone seeing improvement?

First swelling , then the scars looked worse and now it's either the same or about 10% better.

Then again, i didn't wait for it to absorb before applying it so maybe my results aren't as i hoped . I am still healing. it's been about 2 months now. i have to say though when i put make up on, the scars look much better than before this method. It's smoother. Some people have seen better results and some haven't.

I know i've seen better results still healing though. I tried the waiting method until it absorbs then applyign again on 2 of my scars for about 2 weeks and they look better not perfect. But better than before. Not as deep so it may be the swelling right now . It's been a week since i did it. To be safe , try this method on 1 or 2 scars for about 2 weeks wait 5 minutes each time u apply , then apply again , wait 5 min , then apply again with undiluted apple cidar. like 10 times each night for about 2 weeks. Then stop and apply oil of olay regenerist syrum and oil of olay moisturizer in the mornings. It couldtake up to 3 months for it to fully heal. Or simply use as a toner 2 part water to 1 part cidar entire face with cotton balls in the mornings and evenings . Leave it on don't throughoutthe day then wash at night and then leave on while sleeping . i have seen good results on a friend of mine who's been using this as a toner. She implies that this is better than anythign she's used before. Oh yeah take vitamin c 1000 mg mornign and night.

Bruin, Ive been applying 3 parts water to 1 part ACV as well as taking 1000-2000mg's of Vit C every day for the past week and so far so good. Im not sure if its swelling or not but my larger pores have all but dissapeared?

Im thinking swelling perhaps?? But it sure doesnt feel like swelling.

Guest delta force operators

any updates from anyone?

any updates from anyone?

Hey guys,

Well, for me, I think it was microswelling like Boomers said. I have to say though, of all the things I've tried, this is the one thing that made my face look the best (temporarily). It totally poofed up my scars for awhile. I haven't tried it again, because I got a little freaked out when people were saying it make their scars worse. That wasn't the case for me, but that kind of scared me. I don't know why the ACV made things worse for some, since it's such a weak acid.

I go thru phases where I obsess about my scars. (I only have a few, and they're fairly shallow). Other times, I don't really think about them. Right now is one of those times, so I haven't really done much for my face in the last couple months. Oh, I do want to try using the ACV as a toner. (Haven't tried that yet).

I did try that Acne Free Pock Mark filler that people were talking about on here, and surprise surprise, it didn't work. My husband returned it for me.

Hope others are doing well!

Take care,

Karli :D