Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bruin74

You guys don't waste your money, Nature has the cure already, it's vitamin C and weak Acid....read on

Hi Alec Eiffel,

I applied ACV last night so many times, that my skin did turn a little red. Actually the part that is red is the surrounding "good" skin that I got a little ACV on. The scar itself is not really red. Inside the scar, it looks whiter, like something is trying to form in there. Skin, maybe? That sounds too good to be true.....but I'm going to keep doing it.

No, my skin has never scabbed from using the ACV. I think I like ACV better than lemon juice. I tried the lemon juice for the first time last night, and it didn't really do anything for me. I know I didn't give it a fair chance, but I got impatient because nothing was "happening." I started ACV later that night (on the same scar), and after about 4 applications it started turing white inside.

You mentioned you were using a toothpick. I didn't have any luck with the toothpick, because I couldn't get enough liquid on it. If you scroll up a litte, you can see how I'm applying it. (Q-tip....dripping wet, form a pool of liquid on scar, wait for pool to dry, apply over and over, etc). Also, I don't puncture the skin. Not sure if you were....but that sounds a little scary to me. I wouldn't want acid going into skin that was "open."

Hope this helps a little!

Take care,

Karli

how old are your scars?

Quinieleong, :D

Hi,

One scar that I'm having a lot of success with is from high school, and I'm 33. So....15+ years. The other one on my forehead I'm having less sucess with (but some) is probably 8 years old. I'm still not having any luck with the 2 scarred pores I'm working on.

I just started working on another scar on my cheek, and it's looking awesome. (Also from high school). I put too much ACV on that scar, so I irritated a little of the good skin around the scar. But the scar itself is not irritated. It's looking really good.

Anyone else have any success to report?

Take care,

Karli

I will be giving this method a try for 2 weeks +. I will be using lemon juice instead of ACV (as I can not find it in my city). I will use a toothpick and apply the lemon juice to the scars using it. Also I will be taking 3 grams+ Vitamin C My scarring is not too deep but in as patch form.

I will be providing updates.

Most of my scars are around 2 years old except one shallow scar that is around 10 years old.

Also I will be avoiding going out in the sun for the next few days as lemon juice makes the skin somewhat photosensitive.

Wish me luck.

PS: Bruin how did the lemon juice method work out for you ?

This is interesting. You say it helped a new scar. I believe Bruin's results are real, but he's in college - so is quite young and his scars therefore are quite young. I suspect his results are a result of his methods plus the "newness" of his scars.

Everyone should keep in mind : skin heals and scars differently on different people. And a lot depends on your age, your skin type, your healing ability/process, whether you have any active acne, your overall health, your eating habits, etc.

one method does not fit all.

This is interesting. You say it helped a new scar. I believe Bruin's results are real, but he's in college - so is quite young and his scars therefore are quite young. I suspect his results are a result of his methods plus the "newness" of his scars.

Everyone should keep in mind : skin heals and scars differently on different people. And a lot depends on your age, your skin type, your healing ability/process, whether you have any active acne, your overall health, your eating habits, etc.

one method does not fit all.

well im mid 30s so thats not really relevant, ive had great results with this method on scars that were at least 20 yrs old, so you oldies dont lose hope, it works!

Hi Notsoscarredforever,

I didn't know you were an "oldie" like me! :D Hey, that's great that you had success with older scars too. I'm finding that it's not the "age" of the scars, but the "type" of scar that is a factor in how well my scars are responding.

Do you mind my asking, what type of scars you treated? Also, how severe were they in terms of depth? I'm having amazing luck with 2 saucer shaped (or indented), or whatever people are calling them, but not so much luck with a couple scarred pores. But don't get me wrong....I'm not complaining!! I'm thrilled. It's just weird because the ones that aren'tresponding are super tiny, and the ones that areresponding are the oval ones. (They are small and fairly shallow, however).

Just curious about the type of scarring that you had, because you seem to be one of the people with the best results.

Thanks!

~Karli

Bruin

I know u mentioned to take omega 3 tablets for acne. Is it 2 500mg or 2 1200 mg a day?

Yea same here Karli. Minimal results on ice pick scars.

I haven't touched my face with acv for a week now. Hopefully in 3 weeks, my scars will fill in. I'm not sure if i should use acv now since my scars frosted already.

When should I do another round?

I'm 32 and some of my scars are pretty old. Probably 8+ years.

The shallower scars look somewhat better, the deeper ones minimal so far.

Notsoscarredforever,

Hey.....i answered my own question. I went back to read some of your posts from January, and found the answers I was looking for. Sorry about that! I have 2 boys - kindergarten and preschool, and it's SO hard to find a few minutes to search thru all the posts!! It's a zoo over here! HA HA!! :D

Maria1,

Isn't that weird about the ice pick / or in my case scarred pores? They're the smallest...you'd think they'd have the best results. So here's an update. I was working on another oval shaped scar on my cheek, and it's nearly completely leveled to my regular skin! I keep looking in every mirror in my house, making sure it's really true. Again, I don't know if it will be permanent, but in the case of the first oval scar I treated, it's still leveled out. And that was what....a couple months ago? So amazing!!

I'd love to hear about your continued results as time goes on....

I'll do the same.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Karli

Notsoscarredforever,

Hey.....i answered my own question. I went back to read some of your posts from January, and found the answers I was looking for. Sorry about that! I have 2 boys - kindergarten and preschool, and it's SO hard to find a few minutes to search thru all the posts!! It's a zoo over here! HA HA!! :D

Maria1,

Isn't that weird about the ice pick / or in my case scarred pores? They're the smallest...you'd think they'd have the best results. So here's an update. I was working on another oval shaped scar on my cheek, and it's nearly completely leveled to my regular skin! I keep looking in every mirror in my house, making sure it's really true. Again, I don't know if it will be permanent, but in the case of the first oval scar I treated, it's still leveled out. And that was what....a couple months ago? So amazing!!

I'd love to hear about your continued results as time goes on....

I'll do the same.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Karli

Hey everyone,

I took two tablets of omega III tablets, I believe this is 2000mg, per day? That really helped control my sebaceous oil production.

As to the the fact that ice pick scars take longer to fill in, I believe this is because these in fact are the deepest scars, and so will take the longest time to fill in. The boxcar scars filled in the quickest for me, the many little indentations that were shallow but we all know how bad they look. My icepick scars are slowly....slowly...filling in, but I firmly believe this is solely because they are in fact the deepest ones.

bruin

Hey Karli

Yeah the results are permanent :pray: praying

I checked my improvements on one of my other mirrors which i dared not go before this method. Some of the scars look better. A little more leveled.

I wanna do more rounds . I dont want to wait a month to do more rounds but it looks like i may have to... :wall:

I got so used to applying acv every night watching them frost. It was kinda cool. Now i'm just waiting , looking at every mirror in the house for results. :whistle:

Karli i'm glad your having good results. Yeah keep us updated.

bruin thanks. i broke out with a pimple so i was wondering about the omega 3 tablets.

i also take selenium pills which helped me with acne. It's a antioxidant pill. Occasionally i get one or 2 pimples if i stop taking the selenium pills. I'll try the omega 3 also.

Hey Karli

Yeah the results are permanent :pray: praying

I checked my improvements on one of my other mirrors which i dared not go before this method. Some of the scars look better. A little more leveled.

I wanna do more rounds . I dont want to wait a month to do more rounds but it looks like i may have to... :wall:

I got so used to applying acv every night watching them frost. It was kinda cool. Now i'm just waiting , looking at every mirror in the house for results. :whistle:

Karli i'm glad your having good results. Yeah keep us updated.

bruin thanks. i broke out with a pimple so i was wondering about the omega 3 tablets.

i also take selenium pills which helped me with acne. It's a antioxidant pill. Occasionally i get one or 2 pimples if i stop taking the selenium pills. I'll try the omega 3 also.

so i've been doing this for the last couple of weeks... and i have to say... i think it might be working!

It's not completely dramatic but it does seem to be having some levelling effect. very weird because i really didnt have much faith in it when i started!

no harm in trying it for all the cynics :)

Jezzajjj,

Hey, that's awesome! I know what you mean, I was a total cynic about this method, and didn't try anything for months. Then I was like...OK, it's 2 dollars, why not?

This method is unbelievable for the shallow, saucer shaped scars! (At least in my experience). I literally had one fill in within about 3 days. I'm applying ACV probably 10 times per night. (Oh, and that scar was over 15 years old). I have no idea what the scars are filling in "with," but they are leveling somehow!

Not as much change with a couple scarred pores, but I'm still trying.

Thanks for reporting your success!

~Karli

i don't want to discourage anyone, as there are obviously results of some kind being reported, but this didn't work for me, and unless i'm fooling myself, might have made a couple worse. i'm a bit surprised, as mine are the shallow saucer type and i did try for positivity this time around. don't know if i f'd it up somewhere but just did what others had described in the thread. i did it for about three weeks and have not done so for about two.

Semolina,

I'm so sorry that this didn't work for your scars. I really hope the scars didn't become worse. Do you think they are deeper/bigger? Do you think the surrounding skin my be irritated temporarily? I know I wasn't the one that originated this method, but I did post my positive results, and I feel so bad that it didn't work for you. I would feel AWFUL if someone's skin looked worse because of something I said to try.

So you applied it over and over with a q-tip? Hmm...that's so weird. I'm having unbelievable luck with my last saucer scar on my cheek. This was caused (by myself) from an acid burn. Cucumber acid to be exact....don't ask, I'm an idiot! :wall: It's my deepest scar (not too deep, but my personal deepest scar), and I was shopping tonight under flourescent lights, and I could barely see where it was.

I'm really sorry this didn't work for you. That is so frustrating.

Best wishes to you,

~Karli

i don't want to discourage anyone, as there are obviously results of some kind being reported, but this didn't work for me, and unless I'm fooling myself, might have made a couple worse. I'm a bit surprised, as mine are the shallow saucer type and i did try for positivity this time around. don't know if i f'd it up somewhere but just did what others had described in the thread. i did it for about three weeks and have not done so for about two.

You are not alone Semolina. I tried this ACV method a few months ago and it didnt work for me either.

I applied the ACV as directed to 3 boxcars on the same cheek (BIG mistake on my part, in hindsite, I should have tested the ACV on one scar to start )

The scars scabbed over. I was hopeful, but once the scabs fell off, I was left with very deep new craters. The acid eroded a wider, deeper..huge hole in each. My scars were twice as big. Weeks went by, no improvement, no signs of healing either..the holes were there to stay.

When I went to my derm with these new scars, she was pissed I would do this to myself ..like I was some kind of nut. It was embarrassing.

Anyways..I had these new scars excised a 3 weeks ago, and so far I'm left with hideous linear scars which I hope will mature and not look so deep. :(

Im glad it worked out well for the few of you out there..for the others: I warn you, this method does not work for everyone, and.. you run the very real risk of making your scars much larger. I would suggest testing this out on only one scar at a time, in an inconspicuous area. Better to be safe than sorry.

When I tried this months ago, my test scar scabbed, and it was because I poked too hard with the toothpick, and it caused a mini wound in my scar. The scar frosted and scabbed. I would recommend being VERY gentle and NOT poking through your skin. Just lightly place the ACV in the scar.

When I tried this months ago, my test scar scabbed, and it was because I poked too hard with the toothpick, and it caused a mini wound in my scar. The scar frosted and scabbed. I would recommend being VERY gentle and NOT poking through your skin. Just lightly place the ACV in the scar.

did you have any improvement?

Semolina

Sometimes it can take a month to heal. So maybe you are in your healing process. It can look worse before it gets better for some people. Are u taking vitamin c 1000 mg i nthe morning and 1000 mg at night?

Yeah poking too hard can make the scar worse. Maybe u should let it heal and put some

oil of olay regenerest serum. NotsoScarredforever used it and it worked for him. He says it can take a month to heal . So maybe u should just leave it alone now and put that serum mornign and night. I know some of mine is a little more leveled and not worse. The first 2 weeks some looked darker but it's somewhat better now. I also get 7 -8 hours of sleep every night , i take a multivitamin everyday, i try to eat well and get a little bit of exercise.

And i'm taking vitamin C 1000 to 2000 mg . These days i've cut down cause i'm trying to conceive.

I know some of my deeper ones looked more indented but as days went by it went back to normal and maybe even 10% better but not worse.

When u tried this for 3 weeks, did yours scab and frost? What exactly was your process?

blythe

did u take vitamin c? and did u touch the healthy skin? What exactly was your method?

Ninja

Did your scars improve?

And this Vitamin C is making my skin tone fresh looking, plumper and the scars looking softer.

Even tough the results of the acv isnt drastic , any result is good for me.

And i'm not a very patient person butthis stuff is better than anything else i've tried.

Just don't do this acv method on acne though. Because it's acid , it might burn off the acne and leave a scar. I know when i had a microdermabrasion on a cystic pimple, it left a big scar.

Try to stay away from cortisone shots as well. Some of my scars are from cortisone shots. It left some indents. I guess the cortisone kills the tissue and if there's no collagen getting through , it leaves scars. So this acv i think breaks these scarred tissues and slowly heals with vitamin C. Vitamin C helps build collagen.

And this Vitamin C is making my skin tone fresh looking, plumper and the scars looking softer.

Even tough the results of the acv isnt drastic , any result is good for me.

And i'm not a very patient person butthis stuff is better than anything else i've tried.

Just don't do this acv method on acne though. Because it's acid , it might burn off the acne and leave a scar. I know when i had a microdermabrasion on a cystic pimple, it left a big scar.

Try to stay away from cortisone shots as well. Some of my scars are from cortisone shots. It left some indents. I guess the cortisone kills the tissue and if there's no collagen getting through , it leaves scars. So this acv i think breaks these scarred tissues and slowly heals with vitamin C. Vitamin C helps build collagen.

Mine never frosted over... i had a light stinging feeling on them but no frosting at all. actually i didnt really even have any redness. maybe im diluting it too much? i still think i have had some improvements to shallow scarring. it hasnt helped the discoloration but it has provided some levelling. i have been taking 1000mg in morning and again at night. i have also reapplied the acv several times on top of each other and applied it both at night and morning.

worth a try :)

I doubt anyone here has made their scars worse with this. This a lot less intense than TCA cross and no one says that makes things worse. Well, I guess there are always some... :naughty:

My apologies to any I have offended, delusional or not. :snooty:

I doubt anyone here has made their scars worse with this. This a lot less intense than TCA cross and no one says that makes things worse. Well, I guess there are always some... :naughty:

i'm one of the first that try this method and just like i said my test scar came worse.

Quite the bold statement. Innacurate too. There are people who have indeed made their scars worse with TCA cross. I for one have not tried TCA cross, and Im glad I didnt..The vinegar alone was strong enough to make my scars worse. i could only imagine what TCA cross would have done.

I'm fairly sure you read my post above. So, Yes, I do feel offended by your statement..Im sitting here with 3 uglier linear scars on my face , due to excisions because of this vinegar scar procedure. I hold no one responsible but myself. I should have tested this method first, but Im kicking myself now. I should have left the damned scars alone in the first place...no doubt about it, it didnt work for me.

Like I said..Im very happy for those people this helped, you must be thrilled.. :D