Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floggers

Accutane with food

Ok so since Accutane is doing absolutely nothing for me, bad or good, I've started wondering what I could be doing wrong. How fatty does the meal have to be that you take the Tane with? I just take it with dinner, which is usually just something normal like a meat, potato, vegetable etc.

Also, and this sounds really stupid, are you supposed to take the pill before or after you eat the meal (I take it after)?

One more thing...when taking two pills a day, should they be taken at the same time, or at separate times. Any help at all with these questions would be great.

Ok so since Accutane is doing absolutely nothing for me, bad or good, I've started wondering what I could be doing wrong. How fatty does the meal have to be that you take the Tane with? I just take it with dinner, which is usually just something normal like a meat, potato, vegetable etc.

Also, and this sounds really stupid, are you supposed to take the pill before or after you eat the meal (I take it after)?

One more thing...when taking two pills a day, should they be taken at the same time, or at separate times. Any help at all with these questions would be great.

Dosing is twice daily, no matter how many pills you are taking.

The meal you are describing sounds suitable. What is your weight and dosage? How long have you been on isotretinoin?

Meat would probably contain some kind of fat (not if it's very lean, though). Potatoes or veggies, not so much. I started taking fish oil with my tablets because I was concerned about absorption. I personally think it worked. If you read one of the stickies about starting Accutane, they recommend fatty foods: peanut butter, olive oil, handful of nuts, etc. Either way, take it with a meal and for me, in addition I took two 1g fish oil pills with each dose of 'tane. For me, I really only started seeing results when I added the fish oil, but obviously a lot of people get good results without it. Just thought I'd mention, since you felt 'tane wasn't working at all.

I have been reading a lot of threads lately because I want to know what to expect, and many people say that they didn't even get any results until after they were done with the course, and then some had to do a second course. Hopefully you will see the results when you are done, if they are not showing up right now. Since we have very similar experiences, (always hiding our faces... I hide mine with makeup and my hair) I REALLY hope this works out for you. And you won't be alone forever, (I have thought that too, and its not so bad, I get to travel and follow my dreams, right?) =)

Hang in there.

Sindrellah57- what does that have anything to do with what she asked?!?

anyway to the OP, the food you are taking it with is very good. don't take the pill after you are done, take it in the middle of your course