Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S RAM

tattoos while taking accutane? absolutely not!

Obviously I'm sure everyone has read the warnings about not getting any cosmetic procedures, laser treatment or surgury while on accutane. This is just a warning for anyone interested in getting a tattoo before, during, or after a course of accutane. It is in your best interest to wait at least six months post accutane before you let someone ink you, especially if there is a lot of detail in the tattoo that you are going to get. Since the skin is easily damaged it does not hold ink well. The skin will also not heal properly which may cause the tattoo to scar or become blotchy.

I had some work done on my arm 2 weeks before starting accutane and I am extremely lucky that it healed properly. Although, I did notice that the healing process took over 1 month compared to the usual two weeks.

Tattoo removal is an even longer wait. Removal options may cause keloid formation in individuals prone to this condition. Those who have taken Accutane should wait at least 3 years before considering any procedure. This eliminates the likelihood of keloid formation, which Accutane may cause.

Very nice warning that I do hope people heed.

Remember guys, it's not at all wise to even get a tattoo, much less anything else more invasive. Forget any type of cosmetic surgery!

Obviously I'm sure everyone has read the warnings about not getting any cosmetic procedures, laser treatment or surgury while on accutane. This is just a warning for anyone interested in getting a tattoo before, during, or after a course of accutane. It is in your best interest to wait at least six months post accutane before you let someone ink you, especially if there is a lot of detail in the tattoo that you are going to get. Since the skin is easily damaged it does not hold ink well. The skin will also not heal properly which may cause the tattoo to scar or become blotchy.

I had some work done on my arm 2 weeks before starting accutane and I am extremely lucky that it healed properly. Although, I did notice that the healing process took over 1 month compared to the usual two weeks.

Tattoo removal is an even longer wait. Removal options may cause keloid formation in individuals prone to this condition. Those who have taken Accutane should wait at least 3 years before considering any procedure. This eliminates the likelihood of keloid formation, which Accutane may cause.

Wow 6 months?? Thanks for posting this...I was told I only had to wait one month!

i have heard after taking accutane it will mess up you immune system and healing proscess for GOOD.

This scares me considering i want to get a tattoo removed by laser in the future.... like 2 years after i get off the Accutane..i don't know what to do

i have heard after taking accutane it will mess up you immune system and healing proscess for GOOD.

This scares me considering i want to get a tattoo removed by laser in the future.... like 2 years after i get off the Accutane..i don't know what to do

Don't worry that's not true. You'll be fine for laser removal.

3 years sounds a bit outrageous. Talk to your derm before taking this kind of advice too seriously. I want to get mine removed too! High five for expensive mistakes!

damn, i realy dont hope it messes the immunity system up for ever!:P thats a realy dramatic and crazy side effect if it does :S anyone know something about that?