Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel

help me - what is TCA?

i am so sorry to aks this...but what is tca....the frequently asked question place isnt helping me understand.

is it a lotion? a surgery? i hear its something you can do yourself.

if its a product where do you get it and how much....

please help

It's an acid used for face peels ... unlike AHAs, it penetrates very deeply.

The TCA complex is a 6% TCA concentration and is used as a deep exfoliation (will make you flakey/peely for several days)

TCA CROSS is where 100% TCA acid is dipped inot a deep scar in order to injure the skin ... thus producing collagen growth (hopefully)

can you purchase these acids and do it yourself?

where do you get them?

also, i heard they are good for chest scarring?

could they be very harmful to raised scars?

I don't know about raised scars but this (The high % TCA) is dangerous stuff ... look on the TCA CROSS thread ... it's long but a MUST read if you want to consider.

Maya you have the patience of a saint. I had to retrain myself from asking if they ever heard of google. I just can’t believe people are on the internet and don’t know how to use google.

Ha ha LOL!!! I've had patience beaten into me ... (and as you know, my twin Aries sista! ... Arians are not the patient type!).

How Rude....aren't people here because they have questions they need answered!

No, it's a discussion board and not a question and answer board. I would expect people to use the same tools available to us all on the internet to answer basic questions and not be RUDE by expecting everyone else to do their work for them.

user posted image

How Rude....aren't people here because they have questions they need answered!

No, it's a discussion board and not a question and answer board. I would expect people to use the same tools available to us all on the internet to answer basic questions and not be RUDE by expecting everyone else to do their work for them.

user posted image

Guest Tracy
Ha ha LOL!!! I've had patience beaten into me ... (and as you know, my twin Aries sista! ... Arians are not the patient type!).

you know imbue, this really discourages me.

I am asking mostly because i have RAISED scarring which is VERY severe, and there is not much internet information about it.

I do use this site as support, because there are others who feel like I do.

you make me sound like an idiot not knowing how to use google. In fact, I am a medical student who will be a surgeon one day, and I hope to have more patience with people than you seem to when i have my own practice and people need SUPPORT.

I am sorry anyone who i ANNOYED by asking about TCA. I guess I will be heading to google from now on.

Thank you every one else. It is appreciated and your help is not oevrlooked.

Angel: Don't feel bad or take offense. You wouldn't believe how many people come here and do absolutely no reading at all. Imbue wasn't trying to offend or hurt you in any way, but keep in mind that many of us are inundated with questions even via private message that are very redundant. Many times we get questions that have been answered lots of times on the board here. There are even times when a question will be answered on a post, and literally a few posts later, people ask the question that was literally just answered.

It may have been helpful to point out what type of scars you have (raised red scarring) so that whoever replied could give you some specifics regarding treatment of that type of scar. To my knowledge, tca isn't used for raised scars, but I'm not sure.

You may want to start a thread on your type of scarring; that way people who have already treated that type of scarring can offer you help.

Don't let imbue chase you off...... smile.gif He's harmless.....

I'm assuming you're learned patience the hard way by raising those twins of yours!! biggrin.gif And you are OH SO RIGHT!! We definitely ARE NOT the patient type!! O:)

Angel- unlike yourself my facial scars are pitted and depressed so I am currently using TCA CROSS method and seeking out laser or dermabrasion, but I wanted to tell you that about 2 years ago I got two keloids....,one on the back of my shoulder and the other on my lower arm..cvs or one of those chain drug stores had this "Spenco 2nd Skin Scar Therapy Gel" on sale so I just bought it with no expectations....I used it for maybe 3 months and the scars did become flatter..one of the scars is completely flat but permanently a bit tanner than my natural skin and the other scar got alot flatter and is the same color as my skin...I ran out of the stuff and never bought it again because those areas dont annoy me as much as my face does!...I dunno if it would work on your face but just a suggestion...good lock

I just read this thread and couldn't believe my eyes. If this is how people treat scar sufferers on this board, perhaps I am in the wrong place.

Yes, I think I am.