Notifications
Clear all

Crazy things you've done to get rid of your acne

MemberMember
(@vivi24)

Posted : 12/11/2007 1:00 am

I once slept overnight with Queen Helene's mint julep mask on my face. Needless to say, it didn't work!

MemberMember
(@da-real-buck)

Posted : 12/11/2007 3:00 pm

craziest thing i prob did was put a big ice pack on my problem area (my whole face) for a while hoping cryotherapy would work as a preventative measure.. i guess i took the 'ice on a zit' theory a little too far.

MemberMember
(@bipolar4)

Posted : 12/11/2007 3:15 pm

Tried medications, the most crazy thing I've ever done = waste of time and money :P

MemberMember
(@mr-bigger)

Posted : 12/11/2007 4:02 pm

I've once used the "search" option and found that there's already a huge thread on this topic.

Sorry... just had the urge to act like a "vet".

MemberMember
(@almost-pretty)

Posted : 12/11/2007 6:29 pm

I once slept overnight with Queen Helene's mint julep mask on my face. Needless to say, it didn't work!

thats not crazy- i have a friend who does this religiously and her skin is gorgeous. also, a lot of people use it to spot treat and leave it on overnight.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 12/11/2007 6:31 pm

thats not crazy- i have a friend who does this religiously and her skin is gorgeous. also, a lot of people use it to spot treat and leave it on overnight.

Aye, it works nicely for me as well.

MemberMember
(@misterhealthman)

Posted : 12/11/2007 6:50 pm

I went on the all raw diet for 3 months. This include a lot of Raw meat and I would mix raw honey with it. I ate raw chicken, raw eggs and raw bacon. I read that this is best for your body and would clear you up. yeah I don't do that anymore, just crazy.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 08/15/2016 5:18 pm

Went through some unregulated channels and did some things that are probably best left unsaid.

[edit: on second thought, it's probably not good to give some people ideas. Very risky thing to do.]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/16/2016 3:12 am

Got laser treatment hoping to fade my scars/discolorations. Such a waste of money. And my dermatologist later told me it's not recommended - especially for people w/ active acnes. Yea, thanks for that cosmetic clinic for not mentioning it to me cause they just want to make money.

MemberMember
(@jade11)

Posted : 08/16/2016 9:49 pm

I tried sandpaper on my nose. I was around 15 I think. Had tried every product and nothing worked. I hoped it would peel and reveal clear skin underneath but no.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/17/2016 12:37 am

21 hours ago, ec56 said:

Got laser treatment hoping to fade my scars/discolorations. Such a waste of money. And my dermatologist later told me it's not recommended - especially for people w/ active acnes. Yea, thanks for that cosmetic clinic for not mentioning it to me cause they just want to make money.

Fuck lasers tbh. I hate that they push it so hard.

My crazy thing that actually works is potato slices. I peel one and stick the peels all over my face. Look ridiculous but it improves my hyperpigmentation and improved active acne when I had it. Better than any product I've used.

Jade11 liked
MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 08/17/2016 2:09 am

To sleep with honey on my face. One big sticky mess when I woke up xd

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 08/17/2016 2:52 am

Stopped eating dairy for half a year, put honey and cinnamon on my face, crushed aspirin and put it on my face, tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide, nutmeg, put banana peels on my face....

fade95 liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/16/2016 10:26 pm

ate only lentils and kidney beans for 6 months ....nothhing else ....God i looked so skinny ...barelly just bones .....and you know what ....i broke out anyway ....

honestly the only thing that seemed to help me is Acuttane ....i'm going back on it soon hopefully

katy22 liked