Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ice_princess83

Vitamins that can help improve complexion

Hey guys,

I've stumbled upon several different consumer products that can help strengthen and heal skin affected by acne. Well, common ones are the vitamin Ester-C, skin support tablets by Blackmores(meant for acne skin),Zinc and acne formulations that contain herbs such as Burdock, Sarsaparilla, Echinacea and Sassafras.These can help skin that is suffering from active acne and needs extra help to clear up.

A little more effective for skin that is already recovering from acne is IG6. This product can be taken in the form of tablets or applied directly onto the skin as a mask. It speeds up recovery of the skin and promotes regeneration and growth of skin cells. People who have taken the tablets report that they see faster results in skin recovery and improvements in the condition of the hair as well.

Also try products with collagen in them to help strengthen the skin. Collagen is often refered to as the "glue" of the skin as it strengthens and firms.

Well, taking the right vitamins to suit your current skin condition and pairing it with an effective and thorough cleansing routine can produce marvellous results smile.gif

Zinc is probably the most important for acne, but vitamin C is important for your whole body. Of course, a good multi every day is a huge help.

Ok I take abour 20 grams of B5 a day, how much Zinc should I take to do whatever Zinc does for me?

i bought 200mg B5 pills, but for start i should take like 25 pills, right?

but i got only 100 pils in each bottle, so it means in the first week i got to but new bottle every 4 days and after the forst week every other day???

damn its expensive...

well, i just took my first 5 pills (1g in a whole of B5), and its so discusting..and i immediatly had a headache and i just want to puke...why???

i'm just trying to be clear...lol

so can you please tell me the right way to use it and what to do...?

according to my "side effects".

Nothing about B5 is disgusting.. just swallow the capsules.

However it has NOT been proven that taking so much B5 is safe. It has also not been proven that is dangerous. I have though read about people taking lots of B5 then having weird blood tests.

It's not worth the risk. Go see your derm and get on a proper antibiotic. It will probably work better anyway.

Unless you have very bad acne, just topicals is enough for most people. I'm right on the cusp myself, but I get by without taking anything other than a multivitamin (which is good for you regardless).

i bought 200mg B5 pills, but for start i should take like 25 pills, right?

but i got only 100 pils in each bottle, so it means in the first week i got to but new bottle every 4 days and after the forst week every other day???

damn its expensive...

well, i just took my first 5 pills (1g in a whole of B5), and its so discusting..and i immediatly had a headache and i just want to puke...why???

Will someone tell me the bennifits of ZinC and what it can do for my face? Also, how much of the Zinc should I be taking daily?