Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Irin99

Anyone tried drinking Apple Cider Vinegar?

Came across some very interesting articles last night about how drinking 1tbls each in the morning and evening can help with acne among other things. Any thoughts?

I drank it for 2 weeks twice a day. I drank 2tlbs(something a bit more even...) mixed with water. It was disgusting, but I kept drinking it. Then I started mixing it with apple juice to get the taste at least a bit better. At the end of 2 weeks I didn't see any changes at all, so I dropped it. I couldn't have kept drinking it even if it would've helped.

I drank it for 2 weeks twice a day. I drank 2tlbs(something a bit more even...) mixed with water. It was disgusting, but I kept drinking it. Then I started mixing it with apple juice to get the taste at least a bit better. At the end of 2 weeks I didn't see any changes at all, so I dropped it. I couldn't have kept drinking it even if it would've helped.

I never found the taste that bad and if you're only going to try something for 2 weeks and then give up then you've got a very long acne battle ahead of you and one you're probably not going to win.

It worked for me. Took about 3 weeks until I was clear.

I never found the taste that bad and if you're only going to try something for 2 weeks and then give up then you've got a very long acne battle ahead of you and one you're probably not going to win.

It worked for me. Took about 3 weeks until I was clear.

Just so you know, the battle has been won already. And I hated the taste. If you liked it, well, whatever floats your boat...

will I get an initial breakout when I start drinking it? also, I'm more concerned about my red/brown marks. Will drinking ACV help fade marks faster?

will I get an initial breakout when I start drinking it? also, I'm more concerned about my red/brown marks. Will drinking ACV help fade marks faster?

bump.

And how much ACV should I be taking everyday?

From my understanding, you should drink 1 tablespoon of organic ACV mixed with at least 8oz of something else 2x's per day. I've found that orange juice is a small glass (those 1/2 glasses) make the taste of the ACV minimal. If mixed in water, it it entirely too strong. I've also read to be sure to drink through a straw because of the acidity.

My problem is I ran out of ACV (from a while ago when I tried it topically) and now I can't find it! Have to order online I suppose.