Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiener_bur

I think I have permanent red marks

I finished accutane nearly 15 months again and am still clear. During my course I breakout almost the entire time and with 2-3 large cysts on top each month. Even till I now I still have some red marks on my sides but they are very very faint, you need super lighting to see something, if you look at my face in normal light even sunlight I look great, but I just wanted to know if those are permanent.

no, not always permanent. depending on time, exposure to sun and other factors they may fade, which is the case for most hyperpigmentation.

Well...depends. Sounds like it's barely noticeable unless you examine it under a microscope! It could fade completely, which most hyperpigmentation does, or it could be at its permanent state. Ever notice how when you cut yourself or something, and it heals, the skin is faintly pink where the injury was? Not quite the same color, but it's very slight. Well new skin is never EXACTLY the same as the old one. ;)