Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and would like to ask a question and would really appreciate an answer if anyone knows. It's a question that I'm sure has been asked before! Anyway, I am going to start taking vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), and everyone is saying to take a B complex vitamin along with it. Is this what you should do? And what kind of B complex should I take, there's so many? 50,100, etc? I will be taking 10 grams a day of the B5. So that's my question that I need to know, please help!! Thank you in advance.

:surprised:

Hey, welcome to the Org!

Yes, you should take a B complex when mega dosing on B5.

If you haven't already started the B5, you should gradually build the dosage up to 10g, then stay at 10g until you are clear and stay on 10g for a few months after being clear. Then gradually cut it down to a comfortable maintenance dosage.

Because you are mega dosing on vitamin B5, the higher the dosage of the B complex, the better, as the reason you need a B complex is so the other B vitamins are not counteracted.

You should check out this thread for more info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;hl=vitamin+B5