Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
november_rain

Moving to a sub tropic country, my face is now out of control

I have spent this last three days inside my room mostly crying. I can't take it anymore.

Two months ago i moved from a tropic country to a sub tropic country with 4 seasons, I moved here alone to pursue my Master degree, my husband is back home. So it is a very stressful time for me, adapting to a completely new condition including the weather. Now is fall here, and for me it's extremely cold. My skin reacted very bad to this weather, at the same time my acne is in full force but also very dry. I get this big-under the skin-acne, back home i would just go to my derm and ask for cortisone injection, but here i only have insurance for foreign students and it doesn't cover dermatologist ofcourse, and anyway i don't know if i should try a new derm here.

Out of frustration i used the Retin A from my derm back home, but the result were disastrous, my acne is even worst and the skin is peeling, red and super dry, and yet the under the skin acne won't come to a head. I just did my first exam last week and i was under lots of stress, so i kept picking on the acne but it only make matter worst *picking is the most stupid habit of mine* and now my face are covered with scabs, and scabs are the worst cause they cannot be covered with make up.

Tomorrow i have class, and i feel like i can't face the world with this stupid acne and scabs all over my face. I am so sad right now, being away from the people that i love and always giving me support, i feel so pathetic because acne got the best of me, if i just let them be maybe my face won't be this bad. I can't believe i'm pursuing a Master degree and still worry about acne. Am I being shallow? Please help me, and please give advice to stop picking on my face.

Its going to be alright, just focus on why you are there. You are there to get your masters degree and that should be your focus. Don't worry about all the other things around you, time will go by, the sun will rise and set as usual. Don't blow an good chance to accomplish something so wonderful. All of us understand how hard it is to look the world in the eyes when our confidence is low, but don't worry about what the world thinks, just do your homework, go to class and just focus on accomplishing your goals. Never give up.

Dont worry about what other people think, just keep your head up and walk straight.

You know what just F (word) everybody, at least when you walk out of the college or university you have a Master Degree, and thats the only thing that matter...

Thank you guys for the support. Acne is a vicious cycle, when I get acne i'm all depressed and I become anti-social*I am actually a social person if it were not for the acne*, and I spend all day in my room which eventually lead to picking on my skin, and then my skin get worse, and the cycle repeats.

I was so sad this weekend because i didn't have enough courage to hang out with my friends, because i was so self-concious eventhough i know my friends will not make a big deal out of my acne*they are actually really great*.

It is so hard to come up with the courage to face the world, but I know I'm not alone in this. I just hope i can see myself past my acne. I do realize the problem is not just my acne but it is my attitude and the way i view myself. I was not an attractive girl when I was in high school, i am one of those girls that "peak" during college. In college I was quite popular, and it was the first time in my life that i feel like i can like a guy and actually had the guy liked me back. With this acne I feel like i'm back in high school where I feel ugly and not wothy of attention. It's not that I want men to like me*I'm married, and my husband is the best thing in my life*, I just want to feel good about myself, I just want to look my best. Deep in my heart I know that I need to be strong and I cannot loose myself because of acne. I need to believe that I am not my body, I am not my skin, I am the soul within.

Please try not to worry so much about your skin. You are VERY lucky to have a husband who loves you! My advice would be to try not to over-treat your skin with medicines, especially Retin-A. Let it rest for a while, only use clean water (boil it if you want) to cleanse your skin and then wipe gently with a clean tissue. And stop picking on your skin. All these things you're using can make your acne worse! Also, have you considered alternative treatments such as the contraceptive pill or even Accutane? Also take zinc (but not together with fibre). Don't worry, it will get better!

You'll be alright, when you change countries it can be hard on your body, new water, temp, food.

Have anyone heard of produts from dr. van der hoog (clear skin). It's from Netherlands, the country where I'm currently staying at the moment. I've tried the spot cream, but i've only been using it for 2 days, so I can't really comment yet wether it's working or not. They seem to have all this product to combat acne, but my concern is their product contain parfume and stearyl alcohol, because i think this ingredients can irritate your skin?