Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It seems like ever since i got acne it has been real hard for me to find a girl friend. I have become so much less social and its hard for me to talk to people now. It is definately taking a toll on me. I really want to be in a relationship, but i feel like there is no hope. I just want this to end. Anyone feel the same way? (i know this has prob. been posted a lot, but i just needed to vent)

yes.. even after acne is gone and there are scars and red marks.. its just never ending... might as well face it and think about how other people have moved on.. thats all we can do is move on.

hell I think about seal alot.. heres a guy who has bad scars.. but hes out there doing it.. like theres nothing stopping him... why cant we do the same?

yes.. even after acne is gone and there are scars and red marks.. its just never ending... might as well face it and think about how other people have moved on.. thats all we can do is move on.

hell I think about seal alot.. heres a guy who has bad scars.. but hes out there doing it.. like theres nothing stopping him... why cant we do the same?

Exactly, its that simple and thats the truth. A person who leaves someone because of their acne doesnt deserve to be with that person anyways. I have TERRIBLE acne with enough scars to go along with it, except ever since I have become more social, lots (and I mean lots) of girls (in highschool!) have started talking to me. Why? because I got the confidence to talk to them. This one really attractive girl always wants to talk to me, and 3 years ago I woulda never even looked at her in fear she'd look at me back. I almost got a girlfriend last year, she was very attractive, have good grades and everything. The only problem was that I wasn't Christian, so her parents didn't approve of it. Point is, she liked me a lot because of my personality since I know its not because of my looks. Other girls will walk by and say "hey" while giving a really friendly smile. Not to mention this one girl is crazy about me because I'm so funny. I wasted the first 2 years of highschool by being anti social, but I think highschool has become incredibly fun after I realised that its not all about looks, and in reality, no one really cares.

Let me reiterate, my skin is terrible. BAD, flaky, scarred, I have a huge cyst on the bottom of my chin that bleeds everytime I cleanse which turns all crusty afterwards. Im not atheltic at all either. Still, girls are in abundance.

It seems like ever since i got acne it has been real hard for me to find a girl friend. I have become so much less social and its hard for me to talk to people now. It is definately taking a toll on me. I really want to be in a relationship, but i feel like there is no hope. I just want this to end. Anyone feel the same way? (i know this has prob. been posted a lot, but i just needed to vent)

heyya.

yeah know what you're talking about... i feel the same way. i mean, my problem is actually to be 100 % singel, cause all the time there is someone in my life,or someone trying to become a part of my life, and i don't want or need anybody!! or..not at the moment. :angel: i'm in a relationship with my acne hahaha...

i do admit that i really miss having a boyfriend. but yet i can't stand the thought of f.ex we kiss or whatever and afterwards he gets all my foundation on his face,omg how embarrising. so i think i'll hold a low profile till my skin is ready.. and there is this one cute guy, that's been asking me out, and to hang out, but i'm so determind that i wont go out with him looking like this :snooty: , and i know he wants more than just friendship...but i'm afraid to start something (because of my acne) and i'm also afraid that's he is gonna think im not interessted...

i'm actually not a shy person at all, it's just the stoopid acne that's keeping me from living my life and avoiding my friend... =(

Exactly, its that simple and thats the truth. A person who leaves someone because of their acne doesnt deserve to be with that person anyways. I have TERRIBLE acne with enough scars to go along with it, except ever since I have become more social, lots (and I mean lots) of girls (in highschool!) have started talking to me. Why? because I got the confidence to talk to them. This one really attractive girl always wants to talk to me, and 3 years ago I woulda never even looked at her in fear she'd look at me back. I almost got a girlfriend last year, she was very attractive, have good grades and everything. The only problem was that I wasn't Christian, so her parents didn't approve of it. Point is, she liked me a lot because of my personality since I know its not because of my looks. Other girls will walk by and say "hey" while giving a really friendly smile. Not to mention this one girl is crazy about me because I'm so funny. I wasted the first 2 years of highschool by being anti social, but I think highschool has become incredibly fun after I realised that its not all about looks, and in reality, no one really cares.

Let me reiterate, my skin is terrible. BAD, flaky, scarred, I have a huge cyst on the bottom of my chin that bleeds everytime I cleanse which turns all crusty afterwards. Im not atheltic at all either. Still, girls are in abundance.

i think we've all been in a place where we've felt unattractive. but an interestig thing to note is that no one sees/is aware of your appearance more than you. you see youreself the most (mirror or otherwise) and you certainly think more about how you look than anyone else. so what may seem like horrible acne to you, may be inconsequential to onlookers.

and yes, once again... acne doesn't kill ur chances at finding someone. i think its the blow acne can deal to self esteem that does.

lots of attractive people have acne. lots of people with acne have significant others.

It's not the acne, it is you believing it is the acne.

Trust me, I know from experience.

It's not the acne, it is you believing it is the acne.

Trust me, I know from experience.

From the girl's perspective, I think that if you put yourself out there (which is hard) and the right girl comes along, she will fall for all of your good qualities. But to get to that you have to let down the barrier and forget about your skin for just a few hours a day when you're out. I have dated guys with bad skin and I honestly didn't notice because I was attracted to their smile, sense of humor, and/or kindness towards me.

I really do know what you're going through, just in a different way. I started dating my boyfriend before my skin got bad and was very nervous that it would bother him. It took a long time before I let him see me without makeup because I wanted him to see me as the girl with the good skin. Finally I let the barrier down and he couldn't care less. He knows I'm still the same girl.

This is probably more than you were asking for but I hope it helps!!

i used to well fancy this guy in my year even though he had acne and wasnt particularly good looking because he had amazing energy. hes just really cool, hes got good taste in music and style and is such a laugh. if it wasnt for that i wouldnt have fancied him but being confident really is a chick magnet

Acne or not it's hard. I can find girls (I didn't mention some in the thread) and hook-ups but finding a girlfriend is damn near impossible. I have a tiny bit acne but I can never click on that level, it's usually a drunken lust when some girl is attaching on to me. And quite honestly that's not much fun after a few hook-ups.

So ya! I agree.

dude are u fukin stupid. you want to be in a relationship.......what you want more stress in your life....trust me..you dont want a relationship right now.

I have the same problem and Im more than pessimistic about this.

I also have hard time believing anything that was said on this thread. In my point of view thinking that its not about appearance is a self-satisfactory naive halftruth.

In some survey I recently red(i forgot the link ..) it said that: "52% of girls and 54% of boys (both teenaged) would not date somebody with acne". So yea, acne is not important in ordinary communication and stuff, but it somehow gets decisive when you want to move it further. Now add shyness, no self esteem and depression and theres no way to have a relationship.

/sorry for this(bad mood... :wall: )/

hey thats cool u from so cal me too, id say its a bit harder here in cali to get a girl if u have acne since well its so cal eveybody here has perfect everything but in the end it's really all about how u feel about yourself and how you come off to people, im anti social anti, ima hippie, i used to look like i belonged in the sixties but for some reason girls still like me. in the end its really all in your head, so if you have a girl you fancy just go for it.

It's best not to think about it, especially while your approaching a girl. If you have confidence while your actually talking to them and captivate their interest the acne will be the last thing on their mind (no matter the severity). This may not apply to shallow girls, but don't let that throw you off.

If you want a girlfriend worrying about your acne isn't the way to go... the truth is most people suffer from the lack of confidence because of acne but it can be EASILY fixed by your body language (at least the appearance of confidence), it can do wonders to other peoples perceptions towards you. For example (lets say your at a bar), when approaching a girl at a table keep your feet about shoulder distance away from each other while talking to keep a solid base (don't sway and look around randomly, thats a sign of no confidence), if they are sitting try and sit down as well (don't tower over them, it makes them feel inferior), and don't fidget! If you feel the urge to start playing around with your hands hold your thumb, index, and fore finger together at your sides. This is not to say you shouldn't use hand gestures in your conversation, but make sure they are used appropriately. Don't speak too fast, keep eye contact, no sudden movements (be calm), etc... you get the idea!

Good luck man.

I know it is discouraging to have acne, but it is not the determining factor in having a successful relationship. You are so young =) You have so much time. Focus on becoming a man of integrity, a man who will be a good dad and great husband. Don't get caught up in "having a girlfriend." It doesn't define you. Are you in school? Focus on that. Are you working? Focus on saving money. You are a great looking young guy, so just hang out with friends and have fun. Being in a serious relationship at such a young age isn't necesarily a good idea anyway! Too much drama and risks. I never had a serious relationship till I met the man of my dreams when I was 23, and was married by 24. Now I am 30 and can't believe how young I was when I got married! But I had loads of friends, and knew what I wanted in a husband. Too many people look for a relationship to meet their needs of loneliness, or low self esteem. That is a recipe for disaster. I guess its our society. I mean, whenever you run into someone they always say "So, how are you? Are you dating anyone?" Like its better to date just anyone, then to wait for the right one. So all that to say.... don't buy into the hype. Invest in your friends, and get yourself ready to be in a relationship. Just my 2 cents!

I know it is discouraging to have acne, but it is not the determining factor in having a successful relationship. You are so young =) You have so much time. Focus on becoming a man of integrity, a man who will be a good dad and great husband. Don't get caught up in "having a girlfriend." It doesn't define you. Are you in school? Focus on that. Are you working? Focus on saving money. You are a great looking young guy, so just hang out with friends and have fun. Being in a serious relationship at such a young age isn't necesarily a good idea anyway! Too much drama and risks. I never had a serious relationship till I met the man of my dreams when I was 23, and was married by 24. Now I am 30 and can't believe how young I was when I got married! But I had loads of friends, and knew what I wanted in a husband. Too many people look for a relationship to meet their needs of loneliness, or low self esteem. That is a recipe for disaster. I guess its our society. I mean, whenever you run into someone they always say "So, how are you? Are you dating anyone?" Like its better to date just anyone, then to wait for the right one. So all that to say.... don't buy into the hype. Invest in your friends, and get yourself ready to be in a relationship. Just my 2 cents!