Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freakyd

Daily Entries: Results from Botchla's Regimen.

I have been on the Botchla regimen 1 week. I decided I would start documenting my results.

After 1 week I have noticed dramatic results. My face is very dry, but it looks great otherwise. I wasn't expecting such results in this small amount of time. I don't want to apply moisturizer because it burns. Any suggestions?

Try Purpose Dual Action moisturizer, that's what i use with botchla's method. I can't imagine it will sting. Lotions with AHA really burn my face.

I have been on the Botchla regimen 1 week. I decided I would start documenting my results.

After 1 week I have noticed dramatic results. My face is very dry, but it looks great otherwise. I wasn't expecting such results in this small amount of time. I don't want to apply moisturizer because it burns. Any suggestions?

Where is the dryness on your face at?If it's only the cheek area you need to focus most of the product on your t-zone and use whats left on your cheeks and wash the cheeks for about 5-10 seconds then rinse.If your t-zone is dry such as forehead or nose you might be using to much.don't let your face get dry it will only cause a breakout.

My face was REALLY dry last week, to the point where it HURT to smile or talk, so I put some moisterizer on it for a few days after each wash.

Today it wasn't dry at all so I just skipped the moisterizer, and it hasn't felt dried out yet. Go buy some clean and clear shine control moisterizer, it was only $5 at target and it seems to work pretty well.

ya, lately I've been having a problem with dryness from Botchla's regimen. I think i'll try using less. I reduced the amount of b5 i was taking partially due to the dryness and partailly due to the fact that the pills were going so fast.

Check out my personal regimen thread for updates.

Yeah so today is Day 10, woke up looked good. Later on during the day I had a few zits pop up. Not fun. Think it will look better tmrw. Still dry as a mothertruck. I almost bought some moisturizer today.

TWO WEEKS TODAY! ok, i'm starting to use ALOE, it's target brand but hell, aloe is aloe. Face is looking great. No big breakouts. I'm still a little unsure about the aloe situation.

Say: "Hells no to aloe"

First breakout on this regimen and I attribute it to aloe. it definitely clogged up my poors. I'm working like hell to get my face back to looking good. NO ALOE

I can't seem to get clear on Dan's regimen..well...i have only been on it for a week, but, I was on Klear Action for 2.5 weeks before that. sad.gif

I only have mild acne. I can't believe that I can't even get it under control. Maybe it will take a month or more of strictly doing Dan's regimen.

Or, maybe botchla's will work for me.

I was on Dan's for roughly a year and a half. I followed the instructions exactly. I had very little success, however Botchla's has show really quick results. I'm quite happy, don't use aloe though. clogs you.

Freakyd, does the 10% BP Continuous Control wash give you fine lines or any other type of irritation around your eyes? I've seen other posts here on the boards about people using Dan's regimen getting fine lines, redness, or dryness if they put the BP too close to their eyes. I used to have a little redness and itchiness around my eyes when I got the BP too close. So I was wondering about the C&C wash because you can't really control where it drips on your face when you're rinsing.

Noether....I had the same concern as you about the BP getting too close to my eyes. I once had an extremely bad reaction to BP working its way up under my eys....that was just horrible. I can say that the CC wash has not been a problem for me at all. Of course you don't use it near the eye area, but the product is not runny at all, and should not drip into or around your eyes. Not only that but, you should wash it off after about 30 sec.

I have had absolutely no bad reactions to this regimen. Crap, with Dan's regimen you have BP on your face 24/7; i see that being a problem for your skin's future health. Anyone else? With Botchla's, I just wash my face with BP, not let it sit on my skin for 12 hours a day (constantly worrying if it's getting messed up). I felt like I was wearing a layer of make-up on Dan's regimen. I'm super glad I switched. And, the results are better and a lot, a lot faster. I'm like 3 wks. in and I've noticed dramatic results.

Something like 3 weeks right? Yeah, three weeks since I started. It's going really well. One thing that is awesome about this regimen, is the overall feel of your face. I remember when I was on Dan's regimen, my face always felt like it had tons of stuff on it (because it did). My skin was also always irritated. So far, my face has not been iritated. I think this regimen helps a lot with cystic acne. Slowly, the cystic acne has gone away. My overall complexion has been improved.

Things I have found that help.

don't touch your face

don't miss a wash

shave daily (i have found if i keep shaved my chin breaks out way less)

put aloe on the red spots only, not on the entire face

use Burt Bee's facial mask. It helps soften skin

drink water.

I been using these 2 products for just over a week now SA in the morning & both at night, wasing with the BP 1st then whilst still on face adding the SA. Today my face is looking ok i suppose not as red anyway. There is this mirror in the bathroom at work & just when i think my face is looking better i go toilet look in the mirror & it just looks as bad as ever! However today it looked reasonably well. So overall my face is looking & feeling smoother, not as red but i do have to complain about the amount of blackheads i seem to be getting!

I'm not on Botchla's regimen yet because I've only been on Dan's Regimen

2 weeks. I'm considering Botchla's regimen next if Dan's doesn't work or if I get tired of the mask feeling from the BP/Moisturizer which is annoying and I'm always worried about bleaching my clothes.

Anyway, my very sweet boyfriend got me a couple of Burt's Bees gift sets. The dryness on Dan's regimen has been killer. I incorporated Burt's Bees rosewater and glycerin toner which has aloe in it. I ran out (it was a very small bottle) and went to CVS and found Nivea Visage Alcohol free moisturizing toner with Chamomile and Aloe and it works just the same.

Depending on how dry I am I might go through 6-12 baby size cotton balls of it and gently run it over my skin. You'll see all the dead skin on the cotton balls and you'll know when to stop then on to the rest of Dan's Regimen. I also use Burt's Bees Wild Lettuce complexion soap for dry and sensitive skin which is 96% natural and has aloe and wild lettuce in it.

Now my face is dewy ready for the next round of drying out!!! The cetaphil doesn't take makeup off very well which is the other reason I switched but I still have a whole bottle so I'll use it in a pinch or if I see my skin regress which it hasn't so far. I'm just about clear from my Murad experience. Count them 13 cysts!!!

Today my face looked great. I think I will go back to morning SA only. I've been doing both SA and BP in the morning, i think this is causing my face to become more dry.

Something like 3 weeks right?  Yeah, three weeks since I started.  It's going really well.  One thing that is awesome about this regimen, is the overall feel of your face.  I remember when I was on Dan's regimen, my face always felt like it had tons of stuff on it (because it did).  My skin was also always irritated.  So far, my face has not been iritated.  I think this regimen helps a lot with cystic acne.  Slowly, the cystic acne has gone away.  My overall complexion has been improved. 

Things I have found that help.

don't touch your face

don't miss a wash

shave daily (i have found if i keep shaved my chin breaks out way less)

put aloe on the red spots only, not on the entire face

use Burt Bee's facial mask.  It helps soften skin

drink water.

I use a mach 3, make sure the blade isn't dull. I use colgate foam. A lot of acne starts due to irritation. In my case, hair follicles get irritated and then cause acne.

wow a mach 3, i thought you were going to say sensor or a venus even ( i hear those work REALLY well )

i just shaved, ive been on botchla's for about a week,a nd B5 for about 4 days, and my face is looking so good. my skin is so smooth and not very irritated at all, a little dry but thats it.

wow!