Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline and ZIANA

MemberMember
(@impulse)

Posted : 12/08/2007 7:16 pm

i just got perscribed minocycline and ziana today and im nervous that its not going to work for me,, this will be the 4th time ive tried an antibiotic, and this is the first time im on this new gel called ziana, the pills are 75mg and i have to take them 2 times a day and the gel is only at night before bed, anyone else out there had or tried this combination or even just ziana?

MemberMember
(@xobridgette)

Posted : 07/09/2008 5:43 pm

Hey! C:

I'm on Ziana right now. Let me tell you- the purging is a biznatch! D:

It took me about 2 or 3 weeks to get back to normal (I have moderate acne and oily skin)

and from here on out my skin should become clear. It's my first time using a perscription acne medication, so I'm a bit nervous. It might work, it might not, but Ziana was recommended by your doctor so I guess the chances are higher that it'll work. You might as well try it, you know?

MemberMember
(@zmsquared)

Posted : 08/27/2014 12:16 pm

I know this post is 7 years old but I have just been put on the exact same combination for my acne. I was wondering how it worked out for you and how long it was before you saw any real results? (Hoping you reply )

MemberMember
(@widdlerie)

Posted : 09/01/2014 2:58 am

To the person above I also just got prescribed monocycline and Ziana it's day4 and I'm already experiencing burning even aloe Vera hurts ! Idk of this is normal or not and would love to hear some experiences ! Also was wondering I'm a runner in xc. Season what can I do about the sun exposure warnings?! I can't believe my dermatologist didn't mention it

MemberMember
(@zmsquared)

Posted : 09/01/2014 7:29 pm

To the person above I also just got prescribed monocycline and Ziana it's day4 and I'm already experiencing burning even aloe Vera hurts ! Idk of this is normal or not and would love to hear some experiences ! Also was wondering I'm a runner in xc. Season what can I do about the sun exposure warnings?! I can't believe my dermatologist didn't mention it

So I finished one month of being on Minocycline and two months of Ziana and I've decided to stop taking both. As far as the sun exposure warning goes you need to take them VERY seriously. I actually made the post/comment above because it had been a month and I wasn't really seeing any results so I had turned to here to find some comfort.

I'm a runner as well and found my acne to flare up and worsen because I ignored the sun exposure warnings at first. Some things you can do to help your acne include wearing sunscreen (I like the Neutrogena Clear Face sunscreen - its SPF 60 and although your acne may look greasy when wearing it, it doesn't make you break out!) and also wearing some sort of visor/hat while during sun exposure.

I also don't know if it was a direct result of the Minocycline or not but I found myself to become a lot more affected by the heat (I was no longer able to stand the heat whereas I've grown up to be a very outdoors-loving kind of person), but obviously the effect of any medication is different with every person.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 09/01/2014 7:39 pm

I was put on minocycline roughly 2.5 weeks ago and I have to say that my moderate to severe acne stopped pretty much immediately. So far I have not gone through any purging and don't believe I will anytime in the future as I feel my skin has stabilised. (then again this is acne we're talking about so it could hit me like a train overnight)

I was prescribed a gel as well but I've decided not to apply it. I find those gels dry my skin like crazy.