Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hi1

Hi ! My Experience.. Red Light & ALA Treatment

i'm having a photo dynamic treatment next week !

i'm not expecting for too much (especially after reading some of the posts here) but i feel like i've tried everything... so i really do hope this will work for me. :pray:

i don't have a severe acne, but it is annoying. i have lots of red spots left from previous pimples and they still come out quite a lot :sick:

the doctor who checked me said i'm ok for the treatment and it'll do wonders for my skin (again - :pray: ). she said the procedure is going to be something like this: they're going to put a cream (ALA) on my face for 4 hours, after that they're going to put me under the light for 20-30 minutes.

she mentioned the first couple of days are the worse and that i'm only going to see results after a month.

she also said that one treatment is usually enough and that only few of her patients went back for another one.

anyone went through the same process (4 hours with the cream on & than 20-30 minutes under the light) ?

thanks...!

i'll try to update this thread as much as i can :surprised:

i'm having a photo dynamic treatment next week !

i'm not expecting for too much (especially after reading some of the posts here) but i feel like i've tried everything... so i really do hope this will work for me. :pray:

i don't have a severe acne, but it is annoying. i have lots of red spots left from previous pimples and they still come out quite a lot :sick:

the doctor who checked me said i'm ok for the treatment and it'll do wonders for my skin (again - :pray: ). she said the procedure is going to be something like this: they're going to put a cream (ALA) on my face and remove it after 4 hours, after that they're going to put me under the light for 20-30 minutes.

she mentioned the first couple of days are the worse and that i'm only going to see results after a month.

she also said that one treatment is usually enough and that only few of her patients went back for another one.

anyone went through the same process (4 hours with the cream on & than 20-30 minutes under the light) ?

thanks...!

i'll try to update this thread as much as i can :surprised:

i read on her site that it's only 20minutes under the light, sorry for the mistake..

from what i'm getting she's well known and the whole procedure is done through a hospital..

i did it !

it was 4 hours with the ALA on... and i looked liked a freak with the mask :redface:

this was a red light treatment, and after the 4 hours i did 8 minutes under the light, than rest, 8 minutes again, rest, and about 4 more minutes... so that each part of my face was treated.

it wasn't painful.. for me, it felt like someone was pushing my skin down, playing with it like plasticine

it didn't look too bad when we left the hospital.. just looked like i have a tan so we went to a restaurant afterwards.

my face did swell tho and i've put ice on it all the way back (and more today ! )

today my face is really really red... and it burns but i'm not touching !

i'll keep you posted...

today's update:

skin colour looks better

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6254/88447980ic9.jpg

but it's far from looking as good as it does on the picture (or it's me being over conscious again)

my face is extremely itchy! to the point where i couldn't sleep well last night.. it's still a bit hard but not as it was yesterday... it also started to peel a bit today, but not too much.

it's all peeling now and my face looks like a mess. i removed small parts that peeled.. not pulling or anything.. but it's tempting!! i keep thinking 'i can't go anywhere like that..' but i know i have no choice!! this is really frustrating :cry::(

it's all peeling now and my face looks like a mess. i removed small parts that peeled.. not pulling or anything.. but it's tempting!! i keep thinking 'i can't go anywhere like that..' but i know i have no choice!! this is really frustrating :cry::(

so.. my face is pretty much back to it's old self. i'm meeting my doctor on Thursday... she did say that i'm only going to see results after a month :rolleyes::|

Hi there! I have a log going as well regarding my Levulan/Blue Light treatment. I had it done last Thursday, so it's day 6 now and I'm JUST getting back to a point of looking close to normal. So far so good. Just thought I would send a message of encouragement since we're going through the same general thing. It certainly has been an interesting experience! Also I'm wondering how your results are coming along?

Best of luck & Merry Christmas! :xmas:

thanks! have a great one!

there are still pimples pretty much everywhere.. my doctor prescribed me with Neo-Medrol to dry them out.. (but tbh, for me, it feels like i'm back to zero)

my face wasn't looking too bad today, but far far from how i want it to look like obviously. :shifty:

i can tell you that my skin texture is a bit better than it used to be tho.. so that is one thumb up for the treatment.

i still can't decide if it was all worth it.. i'll have to wait another couple of weeks for that... :think:

update: the Neo-Medrol seem to do the job at the moment.. my skin looks much better today, tho a bit dry.

i hope it's not just a good skin day (lol) and it'll get even better soon..

i'll keep you posted... :surprised:

getting better & better !

skin is still a bit dry but i can live w/ that!

(i was told not to use any moister on)

i'll add a picture as soon as i can =)

getting better & better !

skin is still a bit dry but i can live w/ that!

(i was told not to use any moister on)

i'll add a picture as soon as i can =)

almost forgot about this forum! sorry! =\

i'll be meeting the doctor again soon.. last time she said it's getting better but to tell you the truth it's not much different than before treatment.. i still have a lot of red spots =(

the main difference is in the skin texture (way better than it used to be) & less pimples on my forehand... but that's about it.

almost forgot about this forum! sorry! =\

i'll be meeting the doctor again soon.. last time she said it's getting better but to tell you the truth it's not much different than before treatment.. i still have a lot of red spots =(

the main difference is in the skin texture (way better than it used to be) & less pimples on my forehand... but that's about it.