Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rustymetal

Got Bio-Alcamid filler done.

This is a new filler that's been around in Europe for about 3 and a half years. It's been approved by the European Medical Association and is waiting approval in the U.S. It's very viscuous being 97 percent water.

So I went yesterday to the clinic in Tijuana, Mexico, and they were very friendly, helpful, and professional. The place was very nicely set up, they would even give you some tea if you wanted. smile.gif

Well anyway the procedure lasted about 40 minutes, might have lasted less but it seemed that way since it was quite painful, but manageable by ANYONE.

The filler is used only for larger scars, working perfectly for indentations and working very well on larger boxscars and pitted scars that have smoother surfaces. Does not help icepick scarring.

I got the pits on my temples done on both sides (the area between my ears and eyes). They are perfectly filled, although still swollen. If the swelling turns out to be too much bio-alcamid injected, they can simply take enough out to even out the surface (This filler is easy to remove). I have bruising in the areas where they put the most filler in.

Also got a 1 1/2 inch indentation done, it looks completely filled, although I need to wait for the bruising to fade before I can see if its a shadow (slight indentation) or bruising. The bruising is very minimal, a light yellow hue to it. Then I got tinier pits and boxscars near and around cheeks. I'm going to schedule a follow up in 6 weeks, where the clinician or doctor checks to see if there are any indents left once the swelling subsides, and also to see if the smoothness of the face is on target. One of the best things I've ever done for myself! I'm going to continue my smoothbeams to work on the smaller scars and I'll be satisfied with my skin.

You can look them up online, just do a search for clinic Estetica Tijuana Mexico. I'm sure you'll find the website. If you have any questions I'll be glad to answer, OR, you can email them directly, just look for the contact info in their website. They are more than eager to answer any questions.

Also, you can still get other laser procedures done after the 6 week healing period, as well as chemical peels. The filler is so natural that you can't even feel its there. I'll post pictures soon. I just need to find before pictures, maybe they'll send me a copy (as they took before pictures).

Is this the same as New-Fill? I was going to get Radinace but betwen New-fill and this product maybe I should just wait. Why cant we get these products in the States? Frustrating.

I wouldn't use anything unless it's approved in the u.s.

I don't know too much about new-fill but sometimes the drugs do not meet the fda standards.

take artecoll or artefill for example - it's a well-known permanent filler in canada, mexico and others but don't know why it hasn't been approved in the u.s. yet.

I've had it done for 2 days now. No complications. You get slight bruising in the areas where they put the most bio-alcamid in. Also you're left with scabs from where the injections were put in, but its minimal.

Its been around for 3 1/2 years, and has met the standards of the European version of the FDA. It's not that it hasn't met the standards of the FDA, but that the FDA takes a long time to approve any drug. It should be available in the U.S. in a couple years. This is the safest known filler in Europe, being composed of 97 percent water. In fact they don't have to do an allergen test because its so safe. Look up Bio-alcamid in a search engine, there is a site dedicated to it that is intended for international doctors.

As far as results, it's completely filled the pitted scars in my temples, and my largest scar, the 1 1/2 inch indentation on my cheek, is 90 percent filled. I'm going to need a touch up for that one. Very pleased with results.

These new permanent fillers, ie- Bio-Alcamid and Aquamid sound to good to be true. From what I have read they have been introduced into the UK in late 2003.

Aquamid seems to be the more expensive of the two priced at £400 per syringe whereas Bio Alcamid varies between £250-£350.

Both are polycrylamide based, around 96% water and are regarded as safe,permanent and non-migratory.

This sounds sooooo good its untrue if this worked why waste time with lasers and peels ?

Oh and by the way its about time the UK/Europe got something before the U.S almost everything mentioned on this board is US based, peels,gels,serums, lasers etc. You got Smoothbeam we got N-Lite , oh great, from what I`ve read N-Lite does sweet F.A fro scars whereas Smoothbeam is the daddy.Big up the UK if these fillers are the biz :-$

Oh and Johhny11, is the US the benchmark of approval for everything ??

I think not .

Anyway I hope if its good it goes to the US soon biggrin.gif/

Congtratulations Rusty Metal, I thought I'd be the first one to report back on getting Bio-Alcamid done, but you beat me to it.

Someone else asked about cost, so I'm sure you'll report that to us at some point...

I think I understand what kinds of scars this will work for, but just just to confirm... do you think this would work on a chicken pock scars? My guess would be not very well. This might give people a better conception of how this product works.

If I had severe acne scarring (which I do) and a lot of money (which I don't, at least not anymore) this is what I'd do if I could do it all over again..... I'll bet even the worst case could get 80% to 90% improvement:

Subcision , followed shortly there after with smoothbeam treatment.

Six week later,

Another subcision, followed by another smoothbeam.

Repeat one more time.

Then:

Get Bio-alcamid injected into all remaining indentations (non ice pick).

Then:

Go to Dr. Rullan and get exoderm done. THis will smooth out the smaller scars and do a great job of resurfacing any rough edges.

If you have ice picks, you'd probably still have some, though w/much improvement. Also you can get free touch-ups from Dr. Rullan for any remaining scars.

I think that all could cost anywhere from 7k to 10k, depending on the prices you get and not including travel expenses.

What do you think?

Poohman,

That is an excellent combination in my view. I have sort of done it this way except had dermabrasion instead of the subscision/smoothbeam combination and had Acquamid instead of Bio -Acqua of whatever it is called. I am seriously considering Exoderm (as have some non pitted atrophic scars that no filler will help) but as I live in Australia to travel to America would be very expensive. However I believe if I did that and had one more ml, like you say I could have received an 80% improvement on very bad scarring. I think that a general resurfacing like Exoderm after you have had everything else would be a good idea. I like the idea of Exoderm as in "theory" it makes sense and would definately get Dr Rullan to do it as he is very experienced in it.

i only did it once, i guessi wasn't impressed enough w/ the results to go back for the TCA, at least at this point. I may go to him in the future for subcision again.

on my earlier post I should have said bio-alcamid is polyalkylimide based, not polycrylamide, or polyacrylamide, or polyakylamide.

In case any one cares. Hell its all man made anyway.

Congtratulations Rusty Metal, I thought I'd be the first one to report back on getting Bio-Alcamid done, but you beat me to it.  

Someone else asked about cost, so I'm sure you'll report that to us at some point...

I think I understand what kinds of scars this will work for, but just just to confirm... do you think this would work on a chicken pock scars?  My guess would be not very well.   This might give people a better conception of how this product works.

MOst of my scars are on my temples, are these areas prone to scarring or something ? Personally these are the areas I broke out most in , perhaps this and a combination that those areas scar easily lead to scarring.Rustymetal- Are you saying you got improvement like those on the Smoothbeam website(temple picture) from one needle ?

Realdeal,

Yeah if you look at the smoothbeam gallery and see the temple region before and after (its a guy with shadowy pits) pictures, those are the type of scars that are easily treated. You would get the same results he did, which is basically no more visible pits in one treatment.

hey guys.. I had a consultation for this yesterday with some lady, forget her name.. But i will def be getting this done sometime in march during my spring break..

Its in Tijuana very close to the border, probably like 5 mins away.. BUt the results i have seen with this filler are simply amazing......... But it does make me mad that i wasted 750 dollars on the Radiance filler..

She said should would charge me between 350 and 400 dollars based on the serverity of my scarring which is minimal i guess.. But after hearing Rusty saying that its 500 dollars atleast im sure thats what ill end of paying.. But thats fine..