Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcg

peppermint oil reduces sebum

you shouldnt sure pure... it contains upwards 70% menthol yikesss

dilute one:one with water

Edited by soosyv

Are there differences in licorice extract?

Because i read that "Licorice extract containing licochalcone-A, from the roots of the plant Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin, has inhibitory actions of testosterone 5-alpha-reductase, lipase and phospholipase A2, as well as androgen receptor antagonist which reduce sebum output."

Sounds to me like only licorice from roots of plant Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin will have effect , and licorice from other types of the same plant will not help. Am i right or wrong?

So i was thinking whether licorice comes from only one source , meaning there is only one type of licorice. But of course there are different brands around.

May i ask why is it that even though licorice is reported to reduce sebum prodution better than peppermint(from TS's account), everyone here is trying peppermint oil instead, given the fact that it irritates skin?

Thanks.

May i ask why is it that even though licorice is reported to reduce sebum prodution better than peppermint(from TS's account), everyone here is trying peppermint oil instead, given the fact that it irritates skin?

That was stated at the top of the thread, post #1:

"I was afraid of systemic absorption with licorice (which looks more promising in some respects) which can do all sorts of nasty things."