Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xanthe

foundation pink

okay i need help from all makeup experts..

i was matched at a MAC counter by a young woman who first put NW25 on me and then thought it was a tad too dark so added NW20 on the top...since I wasn't sure I bought both and I don't think either are right. Both of them make me look, in my opinion...too red/pink/ruddy

i also occasionally use colorstay for combo in buff or sand beige and they also give my skin a pinkish tint..

i'm irish and have hazel eyes and brown hair and without makeup my cheeks are quite rosy

i'm looking for a foundation which will keep me looking more yellowish/beige instead of pinkish/red

am i a cool skin tone?? should I try NC20?

or are the foundations just too light? too dark? am i just not putting enough on?

i'm clueless.

(also i've been using the revlon for awhile and it doesn't seem to irritate my skin, i can't say the same for the mac)

If you want yellow beige undertones, you might want to try a NC color.

okay i need help from all makeup experts..

i was matched at a MAC counter by a young woman who first put NW25 on me and then thought it was a tad too dark so added NW20 on the top...since I wasn't sure I bought both and I don't think either are right. Both of them make me look, in my opinion...too red/pink/ruddy

i also occasionally use colorstay for combo in buff or sand beige and they also give my skin a pinkish tint..

i'm irish and have hazel eyes and brown hair and without makeup my cheeks are quite rosy

i'm looking for a foundation which will keep me looking more yellowish/beige instead of pinkish/red

am i a cool skin tone?? should I try NC20?

or are the foundations just too light? too dark? am i just not putting enough on?

i'm clueless.

(also i've been using the revlon for awhile and it doesn't seem to irritate my skin, i can't say the same for the mac)

You do not have cool tones (pink/rosy undertones), you have a warm complexion (yellow/golden undertones).

I am the same and when I even used MU with "neutral" tones (mix of yellow and pink), it still made my skin look pink. I know nothing about MAC, but I do now you need makeup with yellow undertones to avoid looking pink.

I hope you've returned those two foundations! I'd say you should get yourself matched again by a MAC makeup artist. Don't immediately buy whatever he/she puts on you though. Tell the MA your problems, and after you've got the foundation on, say that you need to make sure it looks good under natural light before buying. Then walk out of the store, do other stuff for a while, and see how the foundation looks on you. Is the color right under other lighting conditions? How's the staying power? Does it wear well? If you're not happy then get another match until you get the effect you're looking for. Good luck!