Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
creamspliter

Is it wrong for a guy to want to wear makeup to cover redness?

Guest anonymous

lawl.

just dont overwear it and makesure nobody notices,

dont use too much powder, it makes your pores visible, and the girls WILL know

personally ive been wearing makeup for a while, but only on single spots, make sure u blend it right

and i dont think its gay.. because well. the girls get to coverup and look good, while the guys just live with it.. no

if girls can take jobs like engineer/construction worker now-a-days

you sure the heck can wear makeup *thumbs up. -oskdemon

lawl.

just dont overwear it and makesure nobody notices,

dont use too much powder, it makes your pores visible, and the girls WILL know

personally ive been wearing makeup for a while, but only on single spots, make sure u blend it right

and i dont think its gay.. because well. the girls get to coverup and look good, while the guys just live with it.. no

if girls can take jobs like engineer/construction worker now-a-days

you sure the heck can wear makeup *thumbs up. -oskdemon

be careful... most makeups can irritate acne prone skin (even if its oil free... you still ahve the talc and other stuff)... but hey i dont see what the issue with guy make up is... i mean actors and musicians wear it in music videos and stuff...

lol becareful using powder i tried it before all the girls KNEW the first time i used it.. it was embrassing and after that i stopped.

Don't let anyone tell you that wearing makeup is a homo thing, it has NOTHING to do with that at all. People who say that you are queer are just jerkwaters, don't listen to em. Whether or not makeup is feminine or not is dependent on the colors you pick. Use a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone COMPLETELY. There should not be any noticable contrast. If you doubt the color choice, it's probably the wrong one. You should dip the brush into the, thingie, and then dust off the excess; a little goes a long way. Apply it in short strokes with your brush, all over the face. Then take your concealer brush and dip it in, very gently stroke it on the spots, and try to keep the concealer as close on the mark as possible; don't put it where you don't have to. Repeat these steps until you build adaquate coverage and check it under natural light to make sure. Once you have finished the coverage, get your finishing powder and in the same manner that you used the foundation, apply the finishing powder to set it. Throughout the day you can touch up by applying the finishing powder to absorb the oil and maintain the coverage. This is a how-to for powder makeup.

Believe it or not, there are many men who are currently using Everyday Minerals to cover up their red marks. Two gentlemen post here and are VERY pleased about how they look now. One guy said he'd never leave the house without makeup. :) I'm so happy they found something that makes them feel better. One guy said his friends never ever noticed and he said that they're the kind of guy friends who'd never ever ever let him live it down if they noticed him wearing makeup.

Wearing makeup takes nothing away from your masculinity. All newscasters wear makeup. All actors do.

Heck, if someone notices say "I'm doing a sociological experiment. See if anyone treats me differently if I wear makeup." ;) Stare 'em straight in the eye.

My suggestion: take a photo of yourself in daylight (bright) and email it to Everyday Minerals and ask them for suggestions on which foundations (in intensive) would work for you. Or go for a concealer. They will give you a few suggestions. Then buy the sample kit (you can choose three foundations, a concealer, etc) for the cost of shipping only. You will need to buy a concealer brush and a kabuki brush (I do recommend the flat top brush, actualy, instead of the kabuki) in order to apply the makeup properly. Practice practice practice! Wear it around the house and see if your family notices. Apply it daily to practice and make sure you look at yourself in all sorts of different lights to see if you can tell it's there.

There are many videos on YouTube that show application of mineral makeup and you'll get the hang of it in no time. It takes me all of six minutes to apply ALL my makeup; that includes concealer (mineral), foundation (mineral), eyeshadow (varies) and lip gloss. So it will take you less time than that ONCE you're comfortable with the technique. The first time I applied mineral makeup it took me a good fifteen minutes. :redface:

When I wear Everyday Minerals makeup, people cannot see the makeup. All they see is an even complexion.

its a bit too much for me. Don't think I could go into a store and buy all this stuff without feeling embarrassed. I could just ask my sister for some of it though. She had something which worked really well and I applyed it with my finger. Some sort of powder with sponge and a mirror in a box.

Delivery times vary according to location. If you're in Australia (one or two of our members are and also buy EDM) it might take up to 2 weeks. In the US, maybe a week. Usually less. :) They're very helpful, too. If you email them and send a pic, they'll help you with choosing a color. Or three so you can fill up your sample kit. It's pretty good stuff! It's the only makeup I wear now (when I do wear makeup that is). It does seem to make my skin better, too. It improves the texture. :)

Man, your skin looks GREAT. :) And you've a really really cute smile. :)

Believe it or not, there are many men who are currently using Everyday Minerals to cover up their red marks. Two gentlemen post here and are VERY pleased about how they look now. One guy said he'd never leave the house without makeup. :) I'm so happy they found something that makes them feel better. One guy said his friends never ever noticed and he said that they're the kind of guy friends who'd never ever ever let him live it down if they noticed him wearing makeup.