Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ironmaiden

What to use for spot treating breakouts?

I'm on day 22 and I'm noticing the lips and skin getting a little bit more dry but I'm still getting breakouts...What product would you guys recommend to apply to trouble areas? I'm breaking out on the one side of my face and I dont know what to do. I used to use BP and I used it a couple times while on accutane but some people say not to use it because it dries too much. Is there anything I can use that isnt to harsh but still clears it up? I've been using regular cetaphil facewash to wash my face and I have cetaphil moisturizer. Should I be using the moisturizer a lot? I havent really used it at all..I only used it after using the BP.

I was wondering the same thing;

My face is weird. Literally one side at a time breaks out, so just as the other one heals up, more break outs on the other side come.

My Derm. said a mild salicylic acid gel (like Neutrogena) is fine to spot treat. Don't use anything harsh though, no BP cleansers, or retinols or Retin A's. If in doubt, call your Derm. You will notice that the acne dries up a little more quicker on Tane, so they will heal and flake off. Don't pick - you could make them bleed and/or scar. Be patient, you will get over the hump, and then your skin will be smooth and clear! I'm almost done - love the results.

Yvette