Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zach_ray_1988

question about acne and weight lifting

Hi guys I'm a new member here. I usually don't have too bad of acne. just a breakout every so often. I had surgery on my shoulder back in May and I'm throuh with rehab and now im starting to lift weights again. My problem is that I've noticed an increase in my breakouts since I started supplementing protein and creatine. I don't want to sacrifice lifting weights but then again I don't enjoy these breakouts. Is there anything I can do??

Hi guys I'm a new member here. I usually don't have too bad of acne. just a breakout every so often. I had surgery on my shoulder back in May and I'm throuh with rehab and now im starting to lift weights again. My problem is that I've noticed an increase in my breakouts since I started supplementing protein and creatine. I don't want to sacrifice lifting weights but then again I don't enjoy these breakouts. Is there anything I can do??

Try a few things, maybe the regimen, see what works to control the breakouts. I train pretty hard and was competitive in HS (bodybuilding) but haven't competed yet in college because bit to busy, anyways lifting has never caused me to have or not have acne... Hell if anything it probably helps (stress relief).

Something you can also try; I'm sure when you work out you get hot and sweaty. Heat opens your pores, so wash your skin after your workout with warm water to clean the oil and sweat from your pores. Once you've rinsed then rinse again with cool water to close your pores. You can also try rinsing with cool water before you work out.

I guess what Im trying to get at is whether anyone knows that protein takin with milk and creatine monohydrate can lead to breakouts. With creatine, you have to drink an enormous amount of water to flush the toxins out of your system. Im thinkin if I just increase my water intake it should take care of itself. Have any guys had this problem?

I guess what Im trying to get at is whether anyone knows that protein takin with milk and creatine monohydrate can lead to breakouts. With creatine, you have to drink an enormous amount of water to flush the toxins out of your system. Im thinkin if I just increase my water intake it should take care of itself. Have any guys had this problem?

Protein and creatine do not cause breakouts.

What could be causing you breakouts is an influx in hormones.

Milk, however, could be linked to your breakouts.

Many people develop allergens to milk.

Also some milk contains rBST (I think.. it's basically a hormone pumped into cows so they make more milk).

Saw Palmetto Berry Extract has done wonders to regulate hormone levels. It supposedly blocks DHT (bad form of test[weird hair, acne, etc]) from the receptors.

Yeah don't stress out over it. I have put so much stuff in my body for bodybuilding and still don't break out. Look at my regimen for further details. PM if you need insider tips. :D