Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sarah0926

dryness and more pimples

not sure how true it is, but I think I heard if the skin becomes overly dryed than the pores can get clogged, causing pimples.

Here's what I think, totally unscientifically. Your skin is a barrier to the outside elements, like acne bacteria. If your skin is really dry, it can make it fragile and irritated and compromise the barrier, making it more susceptible to acne. I don't think that dryness itself can cause acne, but if it's severe, then it can make you more prone to it. I don't think that it can clog pores because it's not like the dry outer skin can work its way back into pores.

But like I said, I'm no scientist. Either way, dry skin isn't pleasant. :)

Cam >B)

Here's what I think, totally unscientifically. Your skin is a barrier to the outside elements, like acne bacteria. If your skin is really dry, it can make it fragile and irritated and compromise the barrier, making it more susceptible to acne. I don't think that dryness itself can cause acne, but if it's severe, then it can make you more prone to it. I don't think that it can clog pores because it's not like the dry outer skin can work its way back into pores.

Cam >B)

Hey Sarah, I suggest you try out Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion with SPF15. It worked great for me and I had INCREDIBLY DRY and FLAKY skin when I was just using regular moisturizer. Good luck...I hope it works for you!

Cam >B)

haha thats kind of what I was thinking too. I've never heard hey or ney about it..but I kind of figured. I've just noticed lately..it seems no matter how much I moisturize, my face seems to get dry(more so after I wash my face.). I'm doing the DKR, and I moisturize in the morning..but not at night...but after applying BP(at night), my face is really flakey in places..and I'm just wondering if that could be part of the issue as to why I'm still breaking out.

can your face being too dry, cause pimples? i've heard that long ago..but not sure if its actually true.