Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeNNa86

This is not about acne just a BC question

I was ortho tri cyclen and switched to yasmin this month. My boyfriend is in the marines and is coming home next Friday for 10 days. Well what do you know, Saturday is my last pill (the day after he comes home) them I start my period. I REALLY DO NOT want to be on my period while he is here.

Should I stop taking my pills now that way I have my pd. b4 he gets here? or should I try to skip my period and pray I don't spot?

I was thinking I should stop taking them tomorrow (Thurs) so that I can start a new pack on the first day of my period....which will probably be on Saturday. What do u guys think.....will I still be protected or will I need a back up method?

I dont know what to do LOL!!

Any help will be appreciated!

I was ortho tri cyclen and switched to yasmin this month. My boyfriend is in the marines and is coming home next Friday for 10 days. Well what do you know, Saturday is my last pill (the day after he comes home) them I start my period. I REALLY DO NOT want to be on my period while he is here.

Should I stop taking my pills now that way I have my pd. b4 he gets here? or should I try to skip my period and pray I don't spot?

I was thinking I should stop taking them tomorrow (Thurs) so that I can start a new pack on the first day of my period....which will probably be on Saturday. What do u guys think.....will I still be protected or will I need a back up method?

I dont know what to do LOL!!

Any help will be appreciated!

My friend had that same problem and her doctor told her to skip her period and start a new pack. It would not be a good idea to just stop the pills i dont think.

I've done it with Yaz. I spotted, but not until about the beginning of the third week of the second pack. This was only about my 3rd/4th pack too.

If you do not take all of the active pills (i.e. you stop taking them early and do not complete the full pack), you will need to use a backup method. The best thing to do in your situation is to just skip the placebo week entirely, and take all of the active pills and then go straight from the last week of active pills to the new pack.