Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl24

Uggh, so annoying....

without getting acne!

Yesterday, I went to a work related conference where lunch consisted of chicken covered in this creamy gravy sauce, rice, string beans, stuffed shells, lots of bread, and for dessert, cookies and brownies. I wanted to scream - 300 people stuffing their faces with all that food, while I snacked on pumpkin seeds and goji berries.

No I'm not a vegetarian, or a vegan, I don't have celiac, I'm not a picky eater. I'm tired of having to answer those questions.

What would be really great, is if there was some group within this site, like a networking type thing, where we could see everyone's location, and a profile, just to make friends with people that are going through the same thing, eating the same foods, etc.

I would like for once to have a friend that just gets it, and respects my acne struggle, and my diet decisions. It's the only thing that worked for me, and if you didn't notice I had acne before, and think its in my head, it's because I was popping prescriptions and slathering on expensive creams and washes...and I was not doing that anymore.

Acne is just one manifestation of an imbalance in the body. I can't imagine all of these people who are stuffing themselves don't have some form of obesity, constipation or other health related issues. What you are doing now will pay dividends later in life, acne or no acne.

Well, they're really hurting themselves even if they don't have acne, right? And it's not exactly their fault they're eating like that because our society has been eating this way for a long time, and they think it's perfectly normal (except for people like us who get the indicators saying otherwise on our skin). It's too bad. I wish everyone could just wake up and realize what they're really eating. :/

Acne is just one manifestation of an imbalance in the body. I can't imagine all of these people who are stuffing themselves don't have some form of obesity, constipation or other health related issues. What you are doing now will pay dividends later in life, acne or no acne.

Yeah I agree.

For example, I have celiac and it was the cause of my acne, but there are a lot of people who have celiac who don't get acne. These people are munching down on their gluten everyday and most of them (97% of them according to statistics) have no idea that they are slowly destroying their bodies.

I know a woman in her 50s who was recently diagnosed with celiac. Before that she had breast cancer...most likely caused by nutrient deficiencies and immune system abnormalities caused by celiac.

If she had clear signs like me, like acne or digestion problems, she would likely have gotten diagnosed much sooner and been able to prevent things like her breast cancer, but she didn't.

I feel blessed that I had acne because it led me to become much healthier than I otherwise would have been.

Girl24, if certain foods cause acne for you, it means those foods are causing a certain systemic reaction in your body that is leading to the acne. The acne is merely a symptom of an underlying larger problem that these foods are causing for you, so you shouldn't just avoid them to keep your skin clear, you should avoid them to stay in good health. If you just want clear skin, you are completely free to take drugs like Accutane, birth control, etc.

Yeah, you could just say that you eat the way you eat because you care about your life and want to be as healthy as possible to enjoy it.

Yeah, what I find annoying is how the better something tastes then the worse it probably is for your health...

Who ever made that rule needs to be kicked in the shins.

Could you imagine if things were reversed?

That would be heaven.

without getting acne!

Yesterday, I went to a work related conference where lunch consisted of chicken covered in this creamy gravy sauce, rice, string beans, stuffed shells, lots of bread, and for dessert, cookies and brownies. I wanted to scream - 300 people stuffing their faces with all that food, while I snacked on pumpkin seeds and goji berries.

No I'm not a vegetarian, or a vegan, I don't have celiac, I'm not a picky eater. I'm tired of having to answer those questions.

What would be really great, is if there was some group within this site, like a networking type thing, where we could see everyone's location, and a profile, just to make friends with people that are going through the same thing, eating the same foods, etc.

I would like for once to have a friend that just gets it, and respects my acne struggle, and my diet decisions. It's the only thing that worked for me, and if you didn't notice I had acne before, and think its in my head, it's because I was popping prescriptions and slathering on expensive creams and washes...and I was not doing that anymore.

I just wanted to add something. Some people just have an amazing digestive system so no matter what they eat all the bad stuff will come out the other end. It’s like their filtering process is so good they never have any problems with their system no matter how badly they eat. I noticed that is a lot of people.

Yeah, what I find annoying is how the better something tastes then the worse it probably is for your health...

Who ever made that rule needs to be kicked in the shins.

Could you imagine if things were reversed?

That would be heaven.

The problem is that sugars and hydrogenated fats pervert the taste buds. So when you are having the good stuff you don't know its good. And people who market these foods would obviously want to continue to promote these two things and keep people addicted.

Once you steer clear from simple sugars and hydrogenated fats (I still love fruits but I just have them in the morning and only certain kinds), everything else suddenly tastes so much better.