Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
piniu

breaking out around ovulation

I always brokeout during the ovulation period. Usually2-3 big cyst.

I am now taking diane35 and apply retinoid cream every night for 3 months, but I still get acnes during the middle of menstruation cycle.

Anybody can help? Is there possible way of getting rid of the big pimples during ovulation time?

Thanks

It happens to me, usually around ovulation and just before the actual period. I do sympathise because it's so disheartening when your skin seems stable and ok and then it breaks out and you can't control it. I don't think there's much you can do except try to stay positive.

My derm told me that is hormonal and you can put anything you want on you face and it won't make any difference. He recommended birth control, but I turned it down, I don't really like that stuff. :P

yup.. hormonal acne is a bi**H to get rid of... but i take antibiotics (adoxa) which helps alot... but im hoping to go back on bc soon...im sick of breaking out twice a month...with out bc or adoxa im screwed big time...

I always brokeout during the ovulation period. Usually2-3 big cyst.

I am now taking diane35 and apply retinoid cream every night for 3 months, but I still get acnes during the middle of menstruation cycle.

Anybody can help? Is there possible way of getting rid of the big pimples during ovulation time?

Thanks

i have the same problem, i tried diane35 it didnt help me, and u cant be on that treatment for a long time eitha so its not a permanent cure to begin with...I jus got 3 pimples becoz of my damn period :( but what helps is bp for me ne ways... i kinda stopped usin it this month, hence the zitz but when i use it regularly it keep my face smooth even during my "friend"

None of the birth control pills help with my acne. I have tried different kind, but nothing works. I still get serious hormonal breakout each month. The acnes are always red and hard and tend to stay on my cheeks more than 2 weeks. I am going to stop taking the bc after I finish this pack.

I hope that retinoids could do sth.

yup.. hormonal acne is a bi**H to get rid of... but i take antibiotics (adoxa) which helps alot... but im hoping to go back on bc soon...im sick of breaking out twice a month...with out bc or adoxa im screwed big time...

None of the birth control pills help with my acne. I have tried different kind, but nothing works. I still get serious hormonal breakout each month. The acnes are always red and hard and tend to stay on my cheeks more than 2 weeks. I am going to stop taking the bc after I finish this pack.

I hope that retinoids could do sth.

have u ever been checked for polycystic ovary syndrome? that can cause really bad acne... cuz ur ovaries produce too much TESTOSTERONE... but to "qualify" for it... u have to have really irregular periods. me: i get acne cuz of friggen puberty (im 15)

i completely blame hormones for my sudden acne problem. i am 30 years old and have always had beautiful skin.. up until 6 months ago. i was on the pill (orthotricyclen) for 5+ years, and when i stopped my skin went absolutely bizerk. it's been depressing to say the least. now i'm back on the pill, this time, yasmin. it's only been one month. difficult to tell if it is helping.

the best thing to do when you are about to have your period.. or ARE having your period is drinking ALOT ALOT of water.. it really helps your body thoroughly and helps with any kind of cramps.

also its the best time to drink alot of green tea..

green tea has antioxidant properties too and can cleanse the system and therefore avoid some break outs.

that's my tip!

I can say one thing that keeps the period away and for me it has been breastfeeding!!! My daughter is almost 18months old and I just BARELY ovulated for the first time so I am anticipating my cycle to begin very shortly. Unfortunately I have a big chin break out... however, my skin has been so much better during the nursing time. Too bad they can't breastfeed forever .... okay kind of just kidding about that!!