Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristenjoh

My success story...FINALLY

Hi, I've been lurking on here for a long time, and I finally wanted to share what worked for me. Background - I developed cystic acne in my early 20's and suffered miserably for a decade. I tried everything and even had 3 rounds of Accutane, which I don't recommend to anyone due to the horrible side effects. My acne disappeared on Accutane but came back a few months after I quit taking it. Within the last couple of years, I started developing Rosacea, adding to my misery. I started to explore the possibility of food allergies after I met someone with a wheat intolerance. Yep, I eliminated all bread products and my skin is finally clear and has stayed clear. I never realized that my severe acne could be due to a food intolerance, please explore this issue if you've tried everything like me and nothing has worked for you.

On my face I use:

Dr. Bronner's Baby Soap Bar

Flax Seed Oil (as a moisturizer)

Supplements:

Vegetarian Multi

Evening Primrose Oil

B Complex

Awesome. Bread/gluten seems to be an extremely common trigger for people on this board. It definitely breaks me out too. Thanks for your story.

Hey kristenjoh. That's great you are acne free now, I can't wait until I can say the same thing!

Do you have any pictures of your face before and/or after? You should join the Holistically Clear Skin Club. :)

so you are so all your cystic acne? what I don't understand is that I have been searchign and searching I have no cystic acne but not one freakin scar will go away. All I want is to have my skin back. Now I take 9 vitamins a day and am on a diet but I still got scars I can not get them to go away,anybody got any ideas?

so you are so all your cystic acne? what I don't understand is that I have been searchign and searching I have no cystic acne but not one freakin scar will go away. All I want is to have my skin back. Now I take 9 vitamins a day and am on a diet but I still got scars I can not get them to go away,anybody got any ideas?

Hi, I've been lurking on here for a long time, and I finally wanted to share what worked for me. Background - I developed cystic acne in my early 20's and suffered miserably for a decade. I tried everything and even had 3 rounds of Accutane, which I don't recommend to anyone due to the horrible side effects. My acne disappeared on Accutane but came back a few months after I quit taking it. Within the last couple of years, I started developing Rosacea, adding to my misery. I started to explore the possibility of food allergies after I met someone with a wheat intolerance. Yep, I eliminated all bread products and my skin is finally clear and has stayed clear. I never realized that my severe acne could be due to a food intolerance, please explore this issue if you've tried everything like me and nothing has worked for you.

On my face I use:

Dr. Bronner's Baby Soap Bar

Flax Seed Oil (as a moisturizer)

Supplements:

Vegetarian Multi

Evening Primrose Oil

B Complex

I get weird breakouts around my mouth in direct relation to how much wheat gluten I injest. They are really painful, and different from my other "acne" but Im sure the intolerance plays a role in many other problems in the body as well. I avoid gluten most of the time now, although I find I seem to be able to tolerate certain items here and there.