Notifications
Clear all

dairy=bloated face?

MemberMember
(@samariah)

Posted : 12/05/2007 10:34 am

ok i used to deal with a bloated face all the time. then i started eating better, losing some weight and it went away for the most part. now last night i ate a good bit of cheese/other dairy and when i woke up this morning my face was really bloated. so, does anyone else get a bloated face from dairy? or am i just wistfully trying to assume ive pinpointed the cause?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 12/05/2007 10:48 am

I suppose it's possible, but I'd be more inclined to think that perhaps you had too much salt. Some people really bloat badly with too much salt. It will be especially noticeable in the face and hands (fingers).

MemberMember
(@user24582)

Posted : 12/05/2007 11:40 am

Yes. Dairy bloats my face completely. It bloats...everything.

It's the opioids contained in dairy. For people who have increased intestinal permeability, the opioid peptides in dairy products leak into your bloodstream and give you this puffy bloated effect.

It's amazing how I lean out and look hard and defined about a week after being 100% strict with no dairy.

Gluten also has opioid peptides which can give you the same bloating effect. Alcohol also acts as an opioid. Strangely enough, spinach also has opioid peptides, although it's questionable whether they have an effect like the other ones.

MemberMember
(@jules-2)

Posted : 12/16/2007 5:26 pm

Yes I get really bloated from dairy. I'm lactose intolerant, so that's kind of an obvious. But I definitely get the "bloated puffiness" from it.

MemberMember
(@nogood)

Posted : 12/16/2007 5:48 pm

ok i used to deal with a bloated face all the time. then i started eating better, losing some weight and it went away for the most part. now last night i ate a good bit of cheese/other dairy and when i woke up this morning my face was really bloated. so, does anyone else get a bloated face from dairy? or am i just wistfully trying to assume ive pinpointed the cause?
MemberMember
(@ariventa)

Posted : 12/16/2007 5:51 pm

^^^you could always just stay out of these fscken threads if they displease you so.

MemberMember
(@nogood)

Posted : 12/16/2007 5:53 pm

^^^you could always just stay out of these fscken threads if they displease you so.
MemberMember
(@leo21k)

Posted : 12/16/2007 5:56 pm

Dairy, salt, or bread always make my face bloated and my fingers as well.

MemberMember
(@samariah)

Posted : 12/16/2007 6:08 pm

why so angry?

yes most of us know that dairy has ill effects for people with acne. i was talking about a specific reaction that isnt necessarily acne related, bloating. there arent loads of threads saying dairy = bloat and i wasnt sure if there was a connection so i made the thread.

i didn't ask "is milk bad for me?"

i asked if other people noticed dairy making them bloated

Dairy, salt, or bread always make my face bloated and my fingers as well.
MemberMember
(@salsabele)

Posted : 04/04/2019 3:08 pm

Hi my face bloats up with cheese and icecream especially also slightly with justmilk like when i have some in my tea.

I find it goes down in a day or two if i drink tons of water and take antihistamines otherwise stays like that for days. I hate it.