Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It is late so I am gonna edit this soon.

I want to inform you people that I am on the road to recovery from severe anxiety disorder.

General anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder...they are all the same.

I have been on every anti-depressant...couldn't stand the side effects.

I recently met a friend from Taiwan who introduced me to meditation. Told me a very moving story of how he overcame depression and anxiety. Through his own research and determination, he cured his mental illness through meditation. I had a hard time believing at first. But even after the first few days, I could tell something was different.

I currently have been meditating for the past 3-4 months, and I have become a new person mentally. I will admit that I have been going through many terrible struggles with my skin, but the meditation has brought me to a much better state of mind.

I can't explain every little explanation of it, btu Iw ill give you guys a brief explanation of what is required.

There is a book that my professor of psych gave me called, MAXIMIZE YOUR MIND. Search it, I advise u to buy this. IT is a very quick read, and I am confident that you will be thanking me after this.

No I am not here to advertise a book. This has been a best seller for years. This book has totally lead me in the right direction.

If you have determination, and really want to get better. Please trust me. I am sorry it is 1 am, and I have class early in the morning, so I have to make this short and not detailed.

check out this website, and it will explain how to do this. just trust me on this. I will post more tommorrow and days to come. Patience is key. But i promise you that you will find suceed in so many more ways than one. TRUST ME. BELIEVE.

http://www.ucop.edu/humres/eap/relaxationrespone.html

I am giving you the answer. Its your choice to do something about it. I swear on my life. I swear on everything that is true in this world. That this can change your life for the better. Not just cure anxiety or depression. This is know SCIENTIFICALLY to cure hypertension. To relieve you from constant stress. You cure your insomnia. The list is very long, and I have no time again. I must go. but actually believe that I am honest. And if you are really suffering from anxiety or depression, please give this a REAL shot. Go buy the book. It is cheap. And I promise you that if you CONSISTENTLY stick with it. You can cure your psychological issues...along with many other mental and physical ailments. MIND BODY CONNECTION.

this is exactly what i am discovering as well, i just started a form of meditation and self inducing the relaxation response, man is it a crazy frame of mind to be in. this is basically what enlightenment/love secure relaxation response is, the exact opposite of anxiety and depression, also known as nirvana.

Anxiety is interpreting information that suggests you are in great danger and you activate the fight or flight reponse constantly, for seemingly little reason you just somehow justify it in your mind that the danger is great and immediate and unavoidable, it can also be triggered by actual stressful life events where you are under constant stress and thats the only reponse you body knows and you forget or never rationalize that you are now ok and everything is ok and you are safe, so you continue to respond to things with this state of worry.

In elliciting the relaxation response, I find reasons to convince myself that everything is going to be ok and i can really relax, and try to put myself in that state at will and sustain it as long as possible, then i will practice putting myself in what used to be scary situation for me, and triggering that relaxed response and im totally calm now where i used to be nervous, its like reprogramming your emotions, total control and independance.

I want to inform you people that I am on the road to recovery from severe anxiety disorder.

I am giving you the answer. Its your choice to do something about it. I swear on my life. I swear on everything that is true in this world. That this can change your life for the better. Not just cure anxiety or depression. This is know SCIENTIFICALLY to cure hypertension. To relieve you from constant stress. You cure your insomnia. The list is very long, and I have no time again. I must go. but actually believe that I am honest. And if you are really suffering from anxiety or depression, please give this a REAL shot. Go buy the book. It is cheap. And I promise you that if you CONSISTENTLY stick with it. You can cure your psychological issues...along with many other mental and physical ailments. MIND BODY CONNECTION.

There are 2 other books that pwn that garbage:

Think & Grow Rich

The Game

Read those 2 and you will be a supremely successful individual.

Think & Grow Rich

The Game

Think & Grow Rich

The Game

Who are you to tell someone who is using a different methodology, successfully I might add, that their method is garbage? Seriously you need to open your mind. Mental illness is an epidemic in this country and its as pervasive as it is because people refuse to try new methods to attack disorders that are rampant in this country. If we don't have an answer for everybody, we need to be trying new things, especially if someone is experiencing success with something new.

well necro, i bet the book is great and has helped man. additional insight is always needed. I wouldn't say maximize your mind is garbage, cuase I wouldn't call anything that has helped me os much be garbage...so i gotta disagree with you on that. I will check out the other books you mentioned though.

well necro, i bet the book is great and has helped man. additional insight is always needed. I wouldn't say maximize your mind is garbage, cuase I wouldn't call anything that has helped me os much be garbage...so i gotta disagree with you on that. I will check out the other books you mentioned though.

Cool. I only said it was garbage because so many other books after Think & Grow Rich, basically plagarized the book and made their own 'self help' book. But yeah check out Think & Grow Rich. It just might change your life. :)

No, but it does have to do with becoming a self-aware, deep, insightful, and occasionally happy person.

Everyone has different priorities.

what do you mean by replicate? As of copy others? As to mold your life as being a player? I dont think that is the answer to life..*(if thats what you are saying)...

Sure hooking up with mad chicks is all gravy to me. I love the ladies, but in the end, what OBVIOUSLY counts, as you probobly will agree with me necro, that LOVE is all that really matters. In life we are here to experience the beauties that life offers, and utilize the tools we are given to grow spiritually. That is my 2 cents on it. This is kinda off track at what I am posting...

But any of you interested in possibly bettering your life, please feel free to message me with any questions, and I would advise you to pick up "Maximize your Mind" along with the "Relaxation Reponse" by Herbert Benson.

I recently met a friend from Taiwan who introduced me to meditation. Told me a very moving story of how he overcame depression and anxiety. Through his own research and determination, he cured his mental illness through meditation. I had a hard time believing at first. But even after the first few days, I could tell something was different.

I currently have been meditating for the past 3-4 months, and I have become a new person mentally. I will admit that I have been going through many terrible struggles with my skin, but the meditation has brought me to a much better state of mind.

I can't explain every little explanation of it, btu Iw ill give you guys a brief explanation of what is required.

There is a book that my professor of psych gave me called, MAXIMIZE YOUR MIND. Search it, I advise u to buy this. IT is a very quick read, and I am confident that you will be thanking me after this.

No I am not here to advertise a book. This has been a best seller for years. This book has totally lead me in the right direction.

If you have determination, and really want to get better. Please trust me. I am sorry it is 1 am, and I have class early in the morning, so I have to make this short and not detailed.

check out this website, and it will explain how to do this. just trust me on this. I will post more tommorrow and days to come. Patience is key. But i promise you that you will find suceed in so many more ways than one. TRUST ME. BELIEVE.

http://www.ucop.edu/humres/eap/relaxationrespone.html

well ophelia is has put me on the road to FULL recovery...so I say chose those words becuase I find them to be correct. NEver did I say drop your meds and do this and you will be fine. I am expressing my joy and relief that it brought me. Again you dont konw if it does in fact cure it. but I can tell you for a fact that even thought I am not "cured", my mental state has done a complete 360. So I will leave it at that.

And Ophelia, trust me, I understand where you are coming from. But, Have you ever tried meditation. Like truley made it a part of your lifestyle. I am presuming you never had since you doubt the powers that it possesses. But you should be aware of how powerful the brain is. And that the body does know how to heal itself. Through self meditation, it has been proven through science that the brain can "repair" itself. Most mental problems occur when there is a malfunction in wiring, or as they say a "chemical imbalance". What meditation does is allow the left and right side of your brain open to change. When this occurs during and after meditation, it is able to adapt to change. Through continuous meditation, it can actually rewire itself, and learn from its problems. I have experienced this to the full extent. I used to be unable to even walk outside my room in fear that I might run into someone I knew. Now I am able to socialize and act as I really should be.

I am speaking on fact. I have experienced this. So why would I falsely state this. Yes, its hard to believe anything and everything you hear on the internet. But this is something I can assure you, will fix your mental imbalances. I dont have much tiem to thoroughly break this down for you, so I appologize, but again I really want others to be aware that meditation is a very powerful thing, and can CURE or better either or, many health related issues. Please consider the book I posted.

"meditation" is just the beginning, in itself it is not the cure . . . but if you pursue it, causality may lead you to the cure.

there IS no cure to many of the mental health diseases, only constant treatment and prevention.

well ophelia is has put me on the road to FULL recovery...so I say chose those words becuase I find them to be correct. NEver did I say drop your meds and do this and you will be fine. I am expressing my joy and relief that it brought me. Again you dont konw if it does in fact cure it. but I can tell you for a fact that even thought I am not "cured", my mental state has done a complete 360. So I will leave it at that.

And Ophelia, trust me, I understand where you are coming from. But, Have you ever tried meditation. Like truley made it a part of your lifestyle. I am presuming you never had since you doubt the powers that it possesses. But you should be aware of how powerful the brain is. And that the body does know how to heal itself. Through self meditation, it has been proven through science that the brain can "repair" itself. Most mental problems occur when there is a malfunction in wiring, or as they say a "chemical imbalance". What meditation does is allow the left and right side of your brain open to change. When this occurs during and after meditation, it is able to adapt to change. Through continuous meditation, it can actually rewire itself, and learn from its problems. I have experienced this to the full extent. I used to be unable to even walk outside my room in fear that I might run into someone I knew. Now I am able to socialize and act as I really should be.

I am speaking on fact. I have experienced this. So why would I falsely state this. Yes, its hard to believe anything and everything you hear on the internet. But this is something I can assure you, will fix your mental imbalances. I dont have much tiem to thoroughly break this down for you, so I appologize, but again I really want others to be aware that meditation is a very powerful thing, and can CURE or better either or, many health related issues. Please consider the book I posted.

"meditation" is just the beginning, in itself it is not the cure . . . but if you pursue it, causality may lead you to the cure.

there IS no cure to many of the mental health diseases, only constant treatment and prevention.

Are you aware of the economic devastation that would occur, if people found out that they never had to see a doctor? The entire medical industry thrives on treating symptoms. If they cure you, you wont come back, and then how will we be able to pay for that lamborghini and hot gf?

There is a cure to all diseases and I'm living proof, but is it economically viable? Maybe we need sick people, just like we need the poor.

Equilibrium. . .

hehe, I saw this post, but also saw you were in here posting, figured I'd let you take care of it. Nice job dear :wub:

yea, but they also reap in billions of dollaras from anti-depressants and therapy. What about all the other doc's/psychs...what are they gonna do. I believe the anti-depressant industry is absolutely ridiculous. Here, pay us tons of money, so you will be able to be "normal" and live on these pills for the rest of your life, with these minor side effects. I am sorry, but ti is a total money scam. Psychiatrists are bullshit. People that sit behind their desk and prescribe pills, and if one doesn't work, well lets try another one. Oh heres a new anti-depressant coming out, which basically has the same components of the other, but well see it for more. I am sorry, just as it is with the dermatological industry, this is business. Its how the world goes around. Without clients, there is no money. And they need to have these patients to continue coming in, thats why most patients never seem to find that "cure" or relief. Or if they do find relief, well then they can't live without this little pill. It just blocks their problem, but never resolves it. THEY KNOW THIS!

Therapists know of the power of meditation. Why not implicate it through therapy. I have been to many of them, and none consider it. Why? well if they did, I guess they would be out of a job. I have been trying many things for my anxiety, I have been on every anti-depressant, and they all did nothing but prevent me from being intimate with my girlfriend. I wasted hundreds of dollars and time swallowing pills. And ti has gotten me no where. I had a friend who introduced me to meditation, and now I am a completely different person. My mind is more intact than it ever has been, and my anxiety has almost gone away. Why didn't they tell me this earlier?

Dermatologists are very similar, along with doctors...

I am sorry, its how this world works. There is no other way around it. This world is run on money and greed. It has been for hundreds of years. And it will continue to do so, and damage our lives in the process.

I actually have to disagree with you on a few different points. Many mental illnesses are neurological issues that can only be helped through medication. The fact that many psychiatrists over prescribe meds for conditions that don't require pharmacological treatment doesn't invalidate the fact that many illnesses do.

I understand you probably didn't have a good experience with doctors, and I did have to go through a few myself to find a good one, but the good ones do exist. I assure you my therapist's only goal was to get me to a point where I didn't have to come and see her anymore as quickly as possible. I think people have to accept personal responsibility when engaging in therapy. Its your responsibility to find a good doctor. It would be nice if all doctors only cared about their patients well being and were educated about every condition, but that just isn't the case. I know plenty of psychologists personally who will discontinue therapy if the patient isn't making progress, but most doctors won't do that. If you engage in therapy that isn't working, with an idiot who is pumping more and more pills into you will little effect, I have difficulty feeling sympathy. You are responsible for your recovery, no one else. I don't think its a conspiracy, just a reminder that doctors can be incompetent too.

... I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest that any kind of government conspiracy is taking place. Of course they don't know what the cure is, they can barely deliver my mail.

I am merely stating that I have been cured and I personally think that all diseases can be cured, but that if everyone does realize this, it would be economically devastating.

Perhaps it is better that some of us are closed minded.

yea, but they also reap in billions of dollaras from anti-depressants and therapy. What about all the other doc's/psychs...what are they gonna do. I believe the anti-depressant industry is absolutely ridiculous. Here, pay us tons of money, so you will be able to be "normal" and live on these pills for the rest of your life, with these minor side effects. I am sorry, but ti is a total money scam. Psychiatrists are bullshit. People that sit behind their desk and prescribe pills, and if one doesn't work, well lets try another one. Oh heres a new anti-depressant coming out, which basically has the same components of the other, but well see it for more. I am sorry, just as it is with the dermatological industry, this is business. Its how the world goes around. Without clients, there is no money. And they need to have these patients to continue coming in, thats why most patients never seem to find that "cure" or relief. Or if they do find relief, well then they can't live without this little pill. It just blocks their problem, but never resolves it. THEY KNOW THIS!

Therapists know of the power of meditation. Why not implicate it through therapy. I have been to many of them, and none consider it. Why? well if they did, I guess they would be out of a job. I have been trying many things for my anxiety, I have been on every anti-depressant, and they all did nothing but prevent me from being intimate with my girlfriend. I wasted hundreds of dollars and time swallowing pills. And ti has gotten me no where. I had a friend who introduced me to meditation, and now I am a completely different person. My mind is more intact than it ever has been, and my anxiety has almost gone away. Why didn't they tell me this earlier?

Dermatologists are very similar, along with doctors...

I am sorry, its how this world works. There is no other way around it. This world is run on money and greed. It has been for hundreds of years. And it will continue to do so, and damage our lives in the process.

I can't believe you are honestly telling someone not to post their success story because someone else may try it and end up killing themselves. That is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. OBVIOUSLY this is his opinion. That does not need to be stated. It is simple common sense.