Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelastword

What are you eating? Just want to know.

Ok here is basically what I eat, I don't know when I started but skin seems to be better than before. I weight everything I eat. Got a nice kitchen scale. These are the foods that actually taste good to me. This is what I eat everyday now.

Steamed whole white bass fish

Canned Sardines

Canned salmon favourite food

Almonds

Pumpkin seeds

Apples

Grapefruit

Spinach

Bell peppers

Sun flower seeds

Tofu

Orange

Water

Other vegetables (I don't know the name)

And the occasional bad snacks, like dry figs, peanuts, cashew, and sometimes 2 to 5 grams of potato chips a week.

so what are you eating? o ya I also want some ideas on high calorie low fat low carb low GI/GL foods.

i try to eat mostly:

greens: collard, turnip, spinach, mustard, kale, etc

canned pumpkin

walnuts, brazil nuts

coconut oil

natural peanut butter

pumpkin seeds

sunflower seeds

flaxseed

apples

oranges

green tea, sometimes black tea

occasionally black coffee

veggie stirfry fried in coconut oil

tempeh

raw veggie salads

sprouts

osometimes beans

lots of water

i cheated today though and had hershey kisses, macaroni and cheese and pierogies :/ but i also ate apples, greens, veggie stiry fry and walnuts today.

My diet is similar except I can't eat oranges and also eat a lot red grapes with seeds, sweet potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, kiwi, bananas, almonds, pumpkin seeds, limes, cilantro, avocado, yogurt, etc. I also eat cheese, bread, pasta once in a while.

For a high calorie food, try adding avocados.

For a variation of the canned salmon, have your supermarket fish counter steam a half pound or so whenever it's on sale and take it home with a bag of spinach for a nice meal. Or I usually poach it in a little broth with garlic, and when it's nearly done, throw in some spinach to wilt. It only takes a few minutes. Sometimes stir a little mustard into the broth.

Also, my supermarkets have started carrying jack mackerel by Bumblebee and it's pretty good and half the price of salmon. It tastes nearly like tuna. I always bought this stuff for the cats and wouldn't have considered eating any I bought before, but the Bumblebee is some nice looking fish. You still have to pick through it like you do with canned salmon, though. It has the spinal cord and some icky bits, but big chunks of nice meat. It's very high in omega 3s like salmon, and while many species are also high in mercury, jack mackerel isn't.

I just opened a can of jack mackerel to try. I think I never had them before. Actually taste very good. Less fat than salmon and more than tuna. 300 grams drained (should be less). My canned salmon says 216 grams but once drained its 175 grams. I'm a big fish fan, taste soo good. :-D

I don't eat anything since everything causes acne 'cept vegetables and I don't like vegetables.

maybe you not eating anything is causing acne

I just opened a can of jack mackerel to try. I think I never had them before. Actually taste very good. Less fat than salmon and more than tuna. 300 grams drained (should be less). My canned salmon says 216 grams but once drained its 175 grams. I'm a big fish fan, taste soo good. :-D

It's also a good fish eco-wise. They reproduce and grow fast so they aren't endangered and I think I read that they swim at different depths or something so that fishing methods for them aren't likely to catch dolphins or turtles or whatever.

And unless you buy albacore which is high in mercury, most cans of tuna nowadays are cans of mush, so Bumblebee mackerel is better and cheaper.