Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teirrah

Difference between Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals?

I just recently ran out of my Bare Minerals and I've seriously considered switching to EM since it's so popular on this site. I was just wondering what the exact differences are between the two? Like what did you notice about how it felt differently on your skin or how it wore throughout the day? I ordered samples from EM last week but they haven't arrived :(

I havent tried BM, but i do use EM. So i wouldnt know what differences they have in terms of coverage, wear etc.

But i do know that BM contains Bismuth Oxychloride which causes major irritation, itching and can lead to breakouts. EM does not contain this.

Bare Minerals looks shinier and it sometimes itches, both are due to the bismuth oxychloride. BM made me break out within a month of using it. EDM has never made me break out and it does not itch. It does not have that false shiny look, either. The intensive combines nicely with my oily skin to give it a pleasant 'glow', not shine.

For me BM seemed to enlarge my pores and make me too shiny. It sometimes itched, but never broke me out. I also couldn't find a proper colour because their selection was a bit limited(I don't know if they have expanded since the days I have used it..) It would look alright during the day but as the day went on it would change colour on me.EM went on smoother and was more natural looking for me. I think it actually improved my skin. It is also a lot less expensive as well, which is always nice.

BM looks heavy on your face. It does not look natural, and within hours the makeup had 'cracked' anywhere I had a blemish. The color selection is limited, making it hard to get a good finish, and it can irritate your skin.

EDM looks natural and wears evenly. It has a wide variety of colors and is pretty easy to apply.

I just ordered the EM samples too so I can't compare but I have used BM for a few years and my major complaint with it is the itching. I didn't know why until I read about it on this board. Sometimes I didn't experience it but sometimes it was awful, especially in summer when I would perspire. I think my sweat mixed with the BM made it much more itchy. I didn't have a problem with the look or coverage or shininess. I don't really know if it made me break out since I've been breaking out the same amount the whole time I've been using it! Although I only use it a couple times a week. I'm very excited about getting the EM samples. But I'm going to have a lot of BM left...

i'm the odd woman out, preferring bm to em. i have really dry skin, and i never liked the way em sat on my skin. i probably wasn't using the right formulation (intensive,) but to be honest, i couldn't stand continuously ordering samples and still being confused as to what color and what formulation to use. i also find bm to provide more coverage than em.

i also prefer the convenience of going to sephora or the bare escentuals store in the mall where i work rather than ordering online. the jars are also less messy. this is just me though, and i'm really probably the only one that feels this way. em is also a very good product, so you can't go wrong either way.

Allieg, Everyday Minerals offer free samples so you can find out what colour you are before buying the full size. Also you just have to pay for shipping. :)

Personally, in my opinion BM is by far the absolute best mineral make up out there. I tried EM and felt like I was wearing talcum powder on my face. If you order the samples, you may see what I am talking about. Unfortunately it gave me no type of coverage, so I am sticking to bare minerals. I have also tried MAC minerals and I feel like I am wearing cake. It literally melts off as your day goes by. Everyone's skin and opinion is different, so I would give it a try if I were you. Just to see how it works. The samples are a lot and it's only like 5 dollars...Good luck

I haven't tried EM, but I love BM face colors and blushes - beautiful!

I don't use my BM foundation any more - too shiny!

My favorite mineral makeup is Philosophy Supernatural airbrushed canvas.

PHILOSOPHY MINERALS

PROS: clean & easy container (now they sell replacement sponge heads so they can be washed/switched/replaced - yay!), ground VERY fine so it looks more natural, easy for on the go touch ups.

CONS: not enough colors, always out of the color I need (they have supposedly been working on increasing their line of colors, but they have said this for a few years, so who knows).

I have been using SkinFusion foundation and mineral powder on top for a few months now(look up fusion beauty). The coverage is sheer, but an amazingly natural color match!

We will see if it improves my skin or not, so far so good.

Since switching to SkinFusion, I carry my philosophy minerals in my purse for t-zone touch ups and I use it on top of my skin fusion on days when I feel like I need more coverage. Pretty nice combo I think.

i'm the odd woman out, preferring bm to em. i have really dry skin, and i never liked the way em sat on my skin. i probably wasn't using the right formulation (intensive,) but to be honest, i couldn't stand continuously ordering samples and still being confused as to what color and what formulation to use. i also find bm to provide more coverage than em.

i also prefer the convenience of going to sephora or the bare escentuals store in the mall where i work rather than ordering online. the jars are also less messy. this is just me though, and i'm really probably the only one that feels this way. em is also a very good product, so you can't go wrong either way.

Well, my EM samples never came so I broke down and went to the Bare Escentuals store in Washington Square (I see you're also from Portland). I also like the idea of being able to have a store to walk into and get what I want, when I need it. Although, I was NOT impressed with the customer service in the BE store. They weren't busy but still the girl acted like she was in a hurry to get me rung up when I was still looking around. Oh well!

I'm in PDX too.

I ordered samples of the EM.

Even though it is nice to have the BE at the mall (BE store, Sephora or Nordstrom all at Washington square) I want to try some without the irritating ingredients.

I get red itchy spots on my face sometimes for no reason that I can tell, and I have to try the EM and see if it helps; plus it is so inexpensive even with shipping!

Philosophy still doesn't have my color in the new formula. It has litterally been one and a half YEARS since they were supposed to get it in - I am not kidding, and I am not holding my breath. I had ordered an extra last year from the website when I couldn't get my color in the old formula anywhere, they still had stock online. It lasts forever too!

It's been a number of years since I tried BM, but at the time I found that I couldn't get the coverage I needed without increasing the shine effect. Overall, coverage wasn't too bad, but if I needed any increased coverage the shine just seemed to draw attention to what I was trying to cover! The color selection really just didn't work for me either - but it was a number of years ago.

I was really hesitant to try EDM because of my experience with BM - really glad that I did. It took me several free sample orders to get the right color...but they're really good about that. Found a match that is about as good as it gets. I stopped wearing it for some reason after trying it and have recently switched back. I've actually received compliments on my face lately - trust me, that hasn't happened in years. Alot of the redness and irritation also seems to be going away. Making me wonder if it was my makeup causing the problem to begin with. Really happy with EDM overall and the price is much better than the department store makeup brand I had been using.

Hey guys! This is my first post! I just wanted to say that I've been using Everyday Minerals for about 2 weeks now, and it's pretty good. The coverage is just OK. Not enough for me. I have used Bare Minerals for about a year and a half. It made me shiny by mid-day and I finally realized that it was causing me to breakout with a few painful cysts. (also it is very expensive!) Since I've been using EM, I haven't gotten any cysts and the breakouts are not as severe. So to anyone looking into Bare Minerals that has acne problems DON'T DO IT! lol Save your money and look elsewhere! I just recently ordered samples from Joppa and am really excited to try it. I've heard a lot of good things from ppl on this site regarding great coverage. Hope I've helped! :)

I used BM for about a year before discovering EM.

BM: For me, the colors didn't work at all. The lightest was still too dark and pink for my skin and I didn't feel that it gave enough coverage. I was battling big time shine, too, and it really didn't make that better either. It's slide around on my face as much as any liquid makeup. The mineral veil was alright, and I still use the eyeshadows and face colors. Also, the price was just way too much for me.

People also say that it makes their skin itchy. I hear this mostly from BM (It's notorious for it). My skin didn't seem to have any real problem with it.

EM: This is my HG. I was so happy when I found EM and they keep getting better. I was a little weirded out with it being purely online because I also am comforted by being able to walk in and observe, but their customer service is incredible and they offer free samples. The shippins is super fast. The quality is, in my opinion, way better than BM. Their selections, from colors to formulas, are so much better and you're getting way more for your money. I feel that their descriptions are very accurate for their foundation colors (which is good since it's all internet based) and if you're still unsure, that's where the free samples come in! Now they have a skincare line! They're really good at communicating with their customers, though sometimes Carina, the Great Maker of EM, gets a pretty sales-pitchy which I find a bit irritating when you just want a normal answer, even when the sales pitch is true.

Hey guys! This is my first post! I just wanted to say that I've been using Everyday Minerals for about 2 weeks now, and it's pretty good. The coverage is just OK. Not enough for me. I have used Bare Minerals for about a year and a half. It made me shiny by mid-day and I finally realized that it was causing me to breakout with a few painful cysts. (also it is very expensive!) Since I've been using EM, I haven't gotten any cysts and the breakouts are not as severe. So to anyone looking into Bare Minerals that has acne problems DON'T DO IT! lol Save your money and look elsewhere! I just recently ordered samples from Joppa and am really excited to try it. I've heard a lot of good things from ppl on this site regarding great coverage. Hope I've helped! :)