Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazbo

Supplements not doing a damn thing anymore

So I was on a pretty big dietary supplement each day. Every vitamin from A to Zinc. As well as Saw Palmetto, Milkthistle and various other herbal things. After close to 12 months of taking them I'm no longer seeing any effect and believe my body may have become immune to them?

Is this possible? I mean, I know it can happen with antibiotics. Would you suggest I take some time off taking them?

So I was on a pretty big dietary supplement each day. Every vitamin from A to Zinc. As well as Saw Palmetto, Milkthistle and various other herbal things. After close to 12 months of taking them I'm no longer seeing any effect and believe my body may have become immune to them?

Is this possible? I mean, I know it can happen with antibiotics. Would you suggest I take some time off taking them?

Well normally i'd say cycle them anyway - it'd be normal to take 1 day a week off, unless you have serious problems. Having a "clean" day where you leave off supps, drink lots of water and eat light healthy meals is usually a good thing to give your organs a break - everyone deserves a rest now and then :).

I've seen some people say that Saw Palmetto loses it's effectively long term, and that people cycle it with Tribulus, then take a short break, then back to the saw.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by seeing any effect? How can you tell they are all working well? And what makes you feel they have "stopped" working.

Is that you in your pic?

Dude, that's Doctor Who. :rolleyes:

LOL or Jon Pertwee in the land of the non fictional :D

probably just placebos

the ultimate placebo is any idea that a feeling can be attained through the physical achievements.

achieve enlightenment and nirvana and relax and feel the exctasy of just breathing, any other promise of the love/secure/relaxed/safe state through fame or vanity wont last, just look at britney. the promises and illusions of the western world are sometimes empty.

sorry, just gotta plug this stuff, buddhism is the oldest religion, and its more like a science.