Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmb5160

moisturiser before makeup

hey i notice thatwhen i put on a moisturiser, my foundation slides after about an hour...my skin isnt dry after i wash with Purpose gentle cleanser, and i use an oil free non comed foundation by lancome....is it going to break me out anymore if i put my foundation on my bare skin rather than overtop of the neutrogena oil free lotion i put on...

help hehe :rolleyes:

What moisturizer do you use?

I really wouldn't recommend skipping it. Moisturizer is key to keeping your skin youthful. Perhaps try a different moisturizer, or a primer in between your moisturizer and foundation.

I wouldn't skip moisturizer, because it will make you makeup look a lot better. Do you wait a couple minutes for the moisturizer to sink in before applying make up??

If you have dry skin and skip moisturizer, your foundation will accentuate your dry skin and might look cakey. HTH!

Well, I will admit, if my skins start to get dry I use clinique moisterizing gel in the morning before my foundation (which I don't usually have dry skin)... the gel doesn't stay oily feeling.

I have oily skin and use a moisturizer before applying my makeup. It used to do the same thing that you described but now I apply a primer after I moisturize and then apply blot powder on top of my makeup to help it stay matte throughout the day.